Alleged 5.4" Xperia Z4 specs and pictures leak, coming January 5th alongside a 5.9" Z4 Ultra
22. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 256; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Just wait for Z5 at the end of the year that will have 810 inside.
29. tnuc2014 (Posts: 216; Member since: 12 Sep 2014)
or the Z6 early in 2016 which will have the 815? You could go on forever with this approach. If you're telling me that the 805 is crap, then yes it's worth waiting, but I don't think this is the case?
66. Ruturaj (Posts: 1183; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
805 is good but it was just refinement over 801 which is refinement over 800. 810 is 20nm SoC, with 64 bit architecture and octa (8) core processor while 805 is 28nm 32 bit and quad core technology.
51. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Sony is abandoning its 6 month upgrade. And I'm sure it will get the 810 since qualcomm has already put out their own reference 810 smartphone.
24. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
no SD810, no go. I am sure samsung S5 will have it and then noone will get the Z4. when Z2 and S4 were released, S4 had better chpset but the difference was tiny, But if Z4 came with SD805 and S5 came with SD810 then the difference is huge and Sony need to think about making job cuts from now.
36. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I think you are missing one generation of S XD should be S6 and S5 in the order of your comment. But Z4 will be a great flagship next year for sure. It might not be the best but it will be a great all around phone. I guess I will be waiting on Z6 if I want to keep my 2 year upgrade cycle lol My Z2 is still kicking.
57. Kylesforza (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
You mean Z1 and S4.
Z2 and S5 came alongside and both had same processors. Z2 has more RAM tho.
32. neela_akaash (Posts: 1095; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
if it's 805 then no point in replacing my z2.... not interested in minor upgrades...
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1294; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Snapdragon 805??? Hope not. Must be 810.
5. DogeShibe (Posts: 1110; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Looks like TI is forgotten.
I remember them saying they weren't out of business. Where is OMAP 5?
Anyway, 805 will be fine too :)
23. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 256; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Nope far too soon for 810. Z5 at the end of the year will have it.
40. Busyboy (unregistered)
Nope it won't get 805 or 810. I guarantee the Z4 and S6 will get 808. Then the 810 will get launched with the Note 5.
4. kent-gaga (Posts: 481; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
this is 99% fake
look at the UI on the screen
it's from the Z1/Z2 with smaller icons and different clock widget
and the lower bezel is smaller than what you see in the picture of the screen panel that's leaked earlier
btw rubberized sides? please that's not Sony at all
7. Fardon (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2014)
Nobody said its real you f**king idiot
PA has done a quick mock up
Its not official renders clearly you dumb ass
10. kent-gaga (Posts: 481; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Was I insulting or saying something that's wrong to someone??
nobody asked you to be rude
And where did you find the information about PA making a quick mock up?
they said "Specs and picture leaks" on the tittle so....
you're being rude for nothing
6. Einstein333 (Posts: 56; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I have the z3 compact and I must say this is by far the best smartphone I've ever had (coming from Samsung and HTC)! Especially battery life is waaay better than with my Samsung galaxy before. I would say the z3 compact is almost the perfect smartphone! The only thing I'm not happy with is the protection of the screen. We need a saphire display! Mine fell on the floor (on a carpet!) when I was sitting on a chair and the display was broken!! Please Sony produce a new phone with a saphire display and I won't hesitate to update! Then your smartphones will be perfect!
14. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
get a screen protector already man!!! WTH is wrong with you!?!?!
15. Phonedingo (Posts: 383; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)
If it was sapphire it would've broken more easily.
12. vincelongman (Posts: 3991; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
There will be for sure
I hope there's a Z4, Z4 M and Z4 C
5" Z4 M
4.6" Z4 C
21. Fardon (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2014)
Sony may skip the Z4C this time around like they did the Z2
And defo wouldn't bet on 3 Z4 models
9. Amir1 (Posts: 332; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
some of the info in this article is bulls**t.
11. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 447; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Just make the camera as good as Samsung.
13. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
If the processor is s805, the RAM will be 3 GB as it's a 32-bit chip.
16. vuyonc (Posts: 983; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
SD805? Whaaaaat? Sony played it really safe making the Z3 and gave me the impression that they'd buy more time to leapfrog over the SD805.
17. trung_ero (Posts: 38; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
I think the z4 ultra need 2k display more than the z4
18. kameni011 (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
On leaked digitizer front speakers was on edge like on Z2, now on this first picture there in posution like on Z3?
19. Sagitter1 (Posts: 11; Member since: 13 Oct 2014)
Sony just add OIS, and people buy a tempered glass screen protector!
By the way why update every 6 months???You buy z3 and OMG z4 is out...
20. maple_mak (Posts: 85; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Z4 not using Z2 speaker design?
25. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Fail if true. Don't know why Sony is despo on releasing phones every 6 months, such a bullcrap strategy, no wonder they are in Loss...
26. Micah007 (Posts: 254; Member since: 09 Oct 2014)
If it has an 810 processor I'll take the Ultra.
27. sonisoe (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 May 2009)
i think am buying z4..been waiting for the ideal z series and i think z4 is it for me... doesnt matter whether z5 is coming 6 months after (but i thought sony admittedly said they werent going to churn out flagships bi-annually any longer, as from significant product differentiation point of view, it's just not possible)
28. Switch00 (Posts: 367; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Sony Z(1-3) series feels incredibly cheap when held in hands. If those pics are for real, the legacy will go on...
34. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
If you don't mind me asking, what phone is premium feel for you?
47. TMach (Posts: 449; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Not many phones can boast a better build quality or more premium feel than the Z2 or Z3! The HTC One M7 & M8, based on personal preference are the only phones I would compare with the Z2 & 3 as well as the iPhone! Pray tell us which phone you are using that you consider represents premium build!
30. tnuc2014 (Posts: 216; Member since: 12 Sep 2014)
One thing is certain, the Z4 will be an improvement on the Z3. I'm just hoping that the size doesn't increase too much.
33. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
I was thinking the same thing. I'll give alpha to my wife and get me z4.
Just hope they don't make it bigger than z3.
Don't know why but i like that Sony brand for ages.
35. sasa3342 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Pictures are taken from this video youtube.com/watch?v=P9C_zXO7Prs
37. leonmbj (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
I like my Z Ultra, even with crappy câmera (I use an dedicated camera, so I don't care)
But I had to install sound mod to make it louder
38. dimas (Posts: 1823; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Corning glass 4 and same UHD display for Z4 compact and they get my money. Put QHD and I'm going to look at other brands.
39. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
UHD? come on bro, you won't be able to tell that much different on a compact. Z Ultra maybe. I do hope you have a UHD TV so you know there isn't too many 4K content out there.
52. dimas (Posts: 1823; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
I was wrong with my term. What I meant was ultimate HD or full HD. Same 300ppi as with my Z3 Compact. Going beyond 1080 x 720 and I'll say goodbye to Sony products.
41. NightSurfer (Posts: 100; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
I stopped reading @ "Z4 will be equipped with an 805 generation". Why Sony? Why? Now that snapdragon has already released their mobile development platform running on snapdragon 810? Sadly I cant wait till 2016.
43. ryq24 (Posts: 681; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sony should be afraid with what's happening to Samsung. This phone is not going to bring them back to profitability. Sony should learn instead from lg.
44. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Snapdragon 805 isn't enough to handle QHD. Disappointing...
45. isprobi (Posts: 610; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I am waiting on a replacement for my Z Ultra. If Z4 Ultra is only 5.9 inch screen that is a bit disappointing. But having even just a 16 MP camera with a flash will be worth the update I think. If it has stereo speakers it is pretty much a sure buy for me.
46. gosselin (Posts: 87; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
805 is disappointing and mediocre. I don't need 4 GB of RAM. 3GB is enough. Instead, I want Sony to make it to 810. Otherwise, I'm going to stick to my Z3C
48. TMach (Posts: 449; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Pretty sure I read that Sony is abandoning its 6 month flagship upgrade policy! By the way, the above is speculation at this stage and nothing more.
50. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Yep, Sony is abandoning its 6 month upgrade. So only Z4, Ultra and compact.
53. yanish (Posts: 49; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
maybe z4 compact will come out next summer with 810 processor :)
54. goodenough (Posts: 82; Member since: 28 Sep 2014)
805 processor, 4GB and 64 bit chip.....I doubt it. 4GB and 64 bit chip are for 810 processor. If processor was going to be 805, then it would be 3 GB RAM and 32 bit chip. Including the fishy pics, this report is a contradiction. Sony will introduce Z4 at MWC in March but not at CES imo. CES is usually for computers, TVs, video games.....but not for phones. I think rumors just change. btw, I LOVE my Z3 Compact lol It's the best of 2014
56. lampshade_cn (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Just wait! Is that Xperia Z3 in the picture?
AND HOW DOES S805 RUN THE 64BIT ANDROID 5.0 OS OR USE 4GB RAM?
58. shermenz (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
If it won't have the 810 I won't buy it. And that's too bad I've been waiting for this phone for months. Damn it.
59. milkboy54 (Posts: 39; Member since: 04 Oct 2014)
Rumors change all the time. January launch is way to soon