Alcatel announces the One Touch Idol X smartphone with Android 4.2 and a 5-inch 1080p display
Alcatel takes pride in a colorful approach to design, much like the latest Nokia devices, and has also managed to cram everything into a razer thin 7.1mm body. It has also achieved an edge-to-edge design for the display and has pre-loaded what seems like almost stock Android.
Under the hood, the Alcatel One Touch Idol X is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor, sporting 16GB of internal storage and a 2,000mAh battery. The camera is a 13-megapixel one (if we trust the official press release).
Looking at the connectivity package, 4G LTE is notably absent which basically makes this more of an international device and less ready for a US launch.
4. Mozarrt posted on 24 Feb 2013, 12:09 9 0
What the hell Alcatel, you are supposed to be crappy.
5. itsjustJOH posted on 24 Feb 2013, 12:26 2 3
You just listed this as Samsung One Touch Idol X in your list of phones. Not that surprised though, this is PhoneArena.
6. BigBoss10 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 12:30 1 1
The front looks like to iPhone and the rear to Nokia Lumia 720
8. Gbrunner24 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 12:36 8 0
Why? Because it's a screen with black top and bottom bezels? It's looks like about a hundred other devices from the front.
21. Izoe posted on 24 Feb 2013, 18:23 1 0
The front looks nothing like the iphone and the back looks more like the htc one x not the lumia. But overall it still has its own distinct personality
7. Gbrunner24 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 12:34 1 0
13mp camera? The top photo says 8.0mp on the back. Looks like a great phone if it's priced right
9. S8500 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 12:49 3 0
I am new here but I just want to let you know that one of the articles on the website has a SAMSUNG ONE TOUCH IDOL? I am just confused? Or is a typo? Thanks. :D
11. INF1N1TY posted on 24 Feb 2013, 13:15 2 0
Yeah, it's just a typo. This isn't a Samsung device, though it would be nice if it was!
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 24 Feb 2013, 14:34 1 1
A typo like 'An' for 'and' or 'her' for 'here' and the likes are considerable...
'Samsung' for 'Alcatel'? Seriously???
16. INF1N1TY posted on 24 Feb 2013, 15:03 0 0
Yeah, I have to agree with your statement. But I can never see Samsung making a design like this.
25. rusticguy posted on 24 Feb 2013, 19:53 0 0
Husband texts to his wife: I am having a nice time .... wish you were HER
This spelling mistake would ruin any husband's life ...
10. techguy22 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 13:12 0 2
i thought this was a samsung phone. nice build quality. i want S4 to be like that.
12. urtard (banned) posted on 24 Feb 2013, 13:42 2 0
judging a phone's build quality without even having used one nor seen one in person pretty much seems to be the mindset of everybody here rofl
23. Taters posted on 24 Feb 2013, 19:03 0 0
No, they just judge it by the materials used or which brand the phone comes from. Unfortunately, they ignore everything else like gap clearance and wasted space.
13. S8500 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 13:51 0 0
hey thanks for the thumbs up! I am wating for the new nokia surprise on the mwc :D android is good... iphone is good :D windows is good :D just look at this phone! it combines all of them lol :D
14. Loubielou posted on 24 Feb 2013, 13:53 1 0
Alcatel seem now to mean Business at last,as they used to produce Cheaper phones,but with economy struggling this could be a very popular smartphone from Alcatel
17. the_EDJ posted on 24 Feb 2013, 15:36 0 0
There's something very cheesy and toy-like about the phone in the image. I'm all for colorful phones, I am getting sick of black and white. Gimme a blue HTC One and I'll pay in a heartbeat.
18. htc_prep posted on 24 Feb 2013, 15:48 0 0
worst name ever. 1 touch is a diabetic testing device. The X is symbolic of HTC one x and stole the Thunder of Motorola. An idol is just blaspheme.
20. jaytai0106 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 17:33 0 0
It would be a nice mid range phone with a good camera and phone design
22. Taters posted on 24 Feb 2013, 19:00 0 0
That is actually a really nice design. Best one in my opinion after the Xperia Z.
24. Mube1 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 19:51 0 0
I must say design is awesome..samsung learn smthing
26. laputaquelepario posted on 24 Feb 2013, 19:58 1 0
Sexy phone. Too bad about the lack of LTE (and apparently no micro SD slot), because it certainly is a looker.