A video hands-on with an early BlackBerry Z10 Porsche Design is testing the waters for this $2000+ phone
Volkswagen-owned Porsche has been known for advertising its luxury brand via various partnerships, and nowadays you can find anything from a Porsche Design sneakers down to... a Porsche Design smartphone. Porsche's first crack at the burgeoning smartphone market started with a stylishly redesigned BlackBerry Bold 9930 with an aluminum frame and leather back, and it appears that BlackBerry is again the car-maker's prefered partner. The BlackBerry Z10 Porsche Design isn't exactly new to us – we've actually seen it in quite a high-resolution detail. Unfortunately, while snaps like these are usually a small treasure in our eyes, nothing really beats seeing the device being handled in real life.
This is precisely what Vietnamese Tinhte has in store for us. Having gotten their hands on a seemingly very early unit of the BlackBerry Porsche Design, also known as the P'9982, we're getting a decent overall idea of how the device will end up looking. It does help that we have those aforementioned snaps to fill in the missing gaps, since as you can see – the Porsche branding, among other things, seems to be missign from Tinhte's unit. Nevertheless, those of you with some $2000 laying casually around may find the below video quite informative.
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
At this price, you can buy a 60 inch Full HD smart TV already.
2. shahrooz (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
some people have much more money than you and I have they don't give a **** about the price
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4828; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Some people aren't rich like you and I and we give a **** about the price so we won't spend so much money on a phone that has a Porsche name on it.
5. marbovo (Posts: 477; Member since: 16 May 2013)
No man, Some people have really a LOT of money more then us and they really don't give a **** about the price. Have you heard about, ferraris, private jets, hollywood mansions? Why they would care about $2000 ? Specially the new rich who are eager to show they have much money
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
If you didn't noticed, xperiaDROID was not talking about those people, he just expressed his own opinion.
9. marbovo (Posts: 477; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Yeah, but shahrooz was talking about those people
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4601; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Then why you just not replied to xperiaDROID instead of shahrooz?
13. marbovo (Posts: 477; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Because I was replying to xperiaDROID about his reply to shahrooz...
10. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
65" Vizio M651d-A2R and a Nuvola 4k android top box with a tegra 4 (the top box isn't out yet but you can preorder for $300).
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5645; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And why would BB waste their money on a 2,000$ phone that will never sell
4. amats69 (Posts: 828; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I dont like on what blackberry did on the bottom of the phone...
12. Sire3008 (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
RIM won't just learn... I wonder which OS this crap would run. We all know OS is a strong determining factor to when rational people want to buy a smartphone. If U don't agree just ask WindowsPhone
14. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Porsche should buy Blackberry. Problem Solved.
15. taikucing (unregistered)