7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to land in March with all the Ice Cream Sandwich you can eat
HSPA+ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
1 GHz Dual-Core Processor
7” WSVGA(1024x600) PLS TFT
Android 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwich)
Main(Rear): 3 Megapixel Fixed Focus Camera
Sub(Front): VGA for Video Call
Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV7, WMV8, VP8
Format: 3GP, ASF, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MKV, WebM
Playback/ Recording: Full HD@30fps, HD@30fps
Codec: MP3, AAC, AC-3, AMR, FLAC, MID, WMA, WAV, Vorbis
Music Player with SoundAlive
3.5mm Ear Jack
Samsung TouchWiz/ Samsung L!ve Panel UX
Samsung Kies / Samsung Kies air
- Readers Hub/ Music Hub/ Game Hub/ Video Hub
Samsung Hub Widget*
- Music Hub/ Game Hub/ Video Hub
Samsung S Suggest* (App recommendation service)
Samsung ChatON mobile communication service
GoogleTM Mobile Services
- Android Market™, Gmail™, Google Earth™, YouTube™, Google Maps™,
Syncing with Google Calendar™
(* Available on 3G version only)
Bluetooth® technology v 3.0
USB 2.0 Host
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
Accelerometer, Digital compass, Light
Proximity(* Available on 3G version only)
8/16/32GB User memory + 1GB (RAM)
microSD (up to 32GB)
193.7 x 122.4 x 10.5 mm, 344g
Standard battery, Li-ion 4,000mAh
2. android_hitman (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
do you take movies or pictures with your tablet?
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5378; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I know someone who does :D believe me when you are with friends its better than a phone or cam because of the screen so a good cam is nice. The awkwardness is another invention of the haters because they don't ask for goods quality on their tabs
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I second that. back camera is the least important feature of a tablet.
as for this one, I can't believe it will have lower screen resolution than some 4. 3 inch phones.
4. Zayuh24 (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I agree but we'd have to see some actual pics of the screen before we can judge it. Samsung's PLS technology is pretty legit.
6. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 seems a much better options
9. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Yeah. The specs sound more like an mid-range model. There are faster seven inch tablets outta there with higher resolution. (Huawei Mediapad).
7. PAPINYC (Posts: 2312; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I can't wait for devs' to bake this ROM so that those of us with the Original Tab 7" GSM (t849) can flash ICS upgrade; essentially, it's the same tablet with minor [minor] hardware upgrades.
8. deacz (Posts: 155; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
tbh as a owner of a xoom and now a prime, dual core just dont cut it atm. The speed of the prime is just so much nicer for browsing and actually doing anything. Even the tegra 3 isnt really where it should be, wtb one more generation on tablets then it should start to be ok .
10. gotti88 (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
why would samsung degrade themselves with a tablet of such limited specs... there phones have better specs
11. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 630; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
There are so many options of what you can do to backpanel and they decided to copy Apple (iPad2) again.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6579; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
7" nice size. and why you guys even care for a camera that's on a tablet when they don't take even good pictures. just use your phone or digital camera