4.5 inch Apple iPhone 5S coming in 2014?
speculation about a 4.8 inch Apple iPhone Math, and rumors about a version of the phone with a 12MP camera to be released around the holidays. One consistent thread throughout the speculation is that the Apple iPhone 5S will have the A7 processor under the hood, which is the successor to the A6X currently powering the fourth-generation Apple iPad. Oh, we almost forgot one of the most important new features belonging to this rumored version of the Apple iPhone 5S. That would be the tag with a price of $330 on it.
While you do have to take this report with a grain of salt, there is a reason why. If the Apple iPhone 5S won't be released until next year, what version of the Apple iPhone will be released in 2013?
source: Macotakara (translated) via RedmondPie
1. Birds posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:24 13 1
My salt shaker ain't got time for this mess...I just just went to Ethiopia and got a big giant salt chunk because this mess ain't true...
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:25 24 1
Please make the screen wider and not just longer.
15. rgxVOiD posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:50 24 2
But I like apple, they taste good, especially the Japanese Fuji apple
60. alouden posted on 02 Mar 2013, 09:49 0 0
I am no fan of apple either. But they are at least acknowledging that their stubborn insistence on 3.5 inch screens was misguided. Maybe they will truly innovate someday. I still will never get an iPhone for all the reasons we talk about on this site. Even if they came out with a 5 inch screen.
29. faisolbauuz posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:44 14 0
Remember when steve jobs said 3.5 inch is perfect screen size for phone and 9.7 is ideal for tablet ?
37. thelegend6657 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 23:35 4 8
I liked the wide screen on the iPhone a lot 16:9 aspect ratio .
Why you fanboys no complain when Samsung went from WVGA to wide screen in Galaxy s3 ?
40. faisolbauuz posted on 01 Mar 2013, 00:20 8 1
Lol iphone 4 and 4s uses 2:3 screen ratio while iphone 5 uses 16:9 screen ratio,and you say samsung fanboys doesnt complain in s3 ? Dude i dont think changing from wvga screen to 720p 16;9 widescreen is a bad idea anyway i dont use samsung phone now
43. thelegend6657 posted on 01 Mar 2013, 02:14 5 0
One think that I don't like about my GS2 is that rivals like ARC S and Sensation have 16:9 aspect ratio while mine doesn't !
So fanboys likes to complain about iPhone 5 getting wide screen , but doesn't complain when Samsung does it ?
3. InspectorGadget80 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:27 17 5
That's it only 4.5"? damn they must be really behind technology. 2013 is the year of 5" phones with FULL HD
6. GrowYourThumb posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:38 8 2
Microsoft = Micro & Soft
Apple = Short
You know what I'm taking about
26. stealthd posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:14 8 2
Screen size is a choice, not a technical achievement.
31. InspectorGadget80 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:59 9 0
and SLIDE TO UNLOCK screens
42. wando77 posted on 01 Mar 2013, 02:04 6 0
I think getting a 1080p screen shrunk down to 5" is a technical achievement actually
46. therealestmc posted on 01 Mar 2013, 04:46 0 0
Which only Samsung can do, right?
48. andylancheros1 posted on 01 Mar 2013, 06:58 0 0
How many Inch HTC one has? is just a matter of preference. I have an S3 I personally think that size is enough. Any bigger is just way too big!
52. iami67 posted on 01 Mar 2013, 08:31 0 0
Screen size is actually an achievement. For customers its a choice. For a company to make a quality screen with high graphics and big is achievement.
34. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Feb 2013, 23:18 3 1
lol its the Apple way. Why give you what you want now when they can wait to give you a little bit of it now and wait 2-3 versions of the phone later and make more money?
4. ckoch125 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:32 7 0
So they aren't going to release any phone this year? I'm calling bs. This will be named something else as its a cheaper iPhone and the 5s will look just like the 5 with upgraded internals and maybe a camera
5. GrowYourThumb posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:37 24 1
Apple need to wait for their fans to have a surgery to EXTEND their thumb. so they can operate the 4.5" with a single hand....
20. PapaSmurf posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:44 7 3
This is probably the best post I've ever seen on this site.
44. techspace posted on 01 Mar 2013, 03:35 0 0
no, if the people extend their thumb size, then they can use the android phones with one hand as well and apple doesn't want that to happen
i think they will make 2 phones every year, a big phone and a 4 inch phone, they will run an ad saying that some people have bigger hands and the bigger phone is for them, or maybe they will just make a bigger idevice and call it a phablet
8. Mube1 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:39 1 2
Oh really so we have to wait for atleast one year,apple u r very slow
9. appleDOESNT.com posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:39 6 2
Iconic? Iconic! Iconic!! iconic PA? Really.. can you possibly mention the iPone without saying the word iconic? iSad at how lamely biased your site is towards Apple which means evil in B.C. btw
10. Andrewtst posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:43 1 2
Probably 4.5 inch for iPhone 5S and 4.8 inch iPhone 6 with minor enhancement.
11. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:45 7 1
Wow, how revolutionary!
I cant wait to get this dual core beast packed with an extra row of icons! I cant wait!!!! Bring it on Apple !
13. lyndon420 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:48 4 0
If they start incorporating removable batteries and sd cards, they might actually start to have some icrazy sales.
14. tha.fox posted on 28 Feb 2013, 20:49 1 2
Apple shouldnt make a phone Bigger than 3.5 inch or Steave Jobs will turn over in his grave!
16. taz89 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:03 3 2
let me guess if apple do release a 4.5 or more inch screen the apple fanboys will claim thats the new perfect size just as how 3.5'' was and now 4'' is...its only the perfect size for them when apple tells them
21. biophone posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:51 3 0
There is no perfect size everyone's hands are different. For me the 3.5 inch screen is comfortable on all corners while the 4 takes a lil strech. 4.5 becomes clumsy.
23. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:59 6 3
YOU must be a midget
28. biophone posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:26 4 0
I'm average size. I think if apple can reduce bezel that could help to have more screen real estate.
17. BadAssAbe posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:21 1 9
Apple iPhone 2014: 4.5in Glass screens
Android 2014: 6in unbreakable, foldable screens
True Story, Google it fool.
19. akki20892 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:34 0 0
apple is still behind to all mobile companies, but i know there so many people like iphones and using iphones this is 100% true and every time iphone sold good amounts......who know future.......but i like Nokia.......!!!
22. dreeemer posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:51 4 0
Polycarbonate? Bigger screen? Sounds like they are slowly caving...
24. Pyoung0560 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 21:59 5 0
All phones with polycarbonates body are called cheap on phonearena when compare to the iphone but when it come to comparing Apple iphone to another Iphone is consider more durable
47. therealestmc posted on 01 Mar 2013, 04:51 0 0
No, all phones made with glossy plastics like the S3 and Note are considered cheap. HTC phones are often considered phones made with high quality materials.
25. BennySingh posted on 28 Feb 2013, 22:08 0 0
earlier it was saying that IPhone 5S Will Arrive This July.........
why they delay it now???????
39. quakan posted on 28 Feb 2013, 23:56 0 0
I can't see Apple delaying it. With the PS4 and Xbox 720 arriving this holiday season, I think releasing a new flagship around that time won't be a good idea. I think we'll probably get the next iPhone mid-late summer/early fall or at least I hope.
38. masterchina posted on 28 Feb 2013, 23:51 0 0
Oooh, a piece of crap a 1/2 inch bigger! Can't wait!
58. HDShatter posted on 01 Mar 2013, 17:12 0 0
You can stretch a turd and make it longer but its still a piece of s**t.
45. .warrenmosler posted on 01 Mar 2013, 04:46 0 1
How about a 5 inch screen
And a stylus with a camera and led?
50. darkkjedii posted on 01 Mar 2013, 07:46 0 0
Still don't get why droiders troll apple articles constantly to hate, then get mad when Someone calls them out on it. Somebody please explain that to me.
51. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 01 Mar 2013, 08:14 0 0
Years of being put down with condescending comments from iFans. Neither group is right.
54. Izoe posted on 01 Mar 2013, 10:38 0 0
I find it hard to believe the iphone will be that cheap. One of the reasons people buy it is because to many people it has become a fashion accessory/status symbol. If it becomes that cheap, it will lose its "cool" tag, it will become somewhat less desirable. People will start looking for something that is more premium. I'm sure Apple is aware of that.
55. shuaibhere posted on 01 Mar 2013, 11:51 2 0
I think ifans hands are growing .5 inch every year...
56. Eonnaydra posted on 01 Mar 2013, 15:28 0 0
I can see it, the comments section here will turn into another Battle Field as usual between 100s of fandroids and 4 to 5 Apple drones... no matter what's the outcome of this clash, I got my popcorn set and ready :)