2015 model year Toyota Camry to have wireless charging available as an option
Wireless charging in cars is not new, but it is not so widespread either. By now at least, one might expect to see it as a feature in some of the more affluent brands. However, most automakers have been focused more on the automation and integration with mobile in general rather than a “nice to have” feature.
Toyota brought wireless charging to its Avalon vehicles for the 2013 model year, the company chose to incorporate the Qi wireless charging standard. Toyota has continued with that standard as it brings wireless charging to the 2015 model year Camry vehicles.
The wireless charging can be turned on via a toggle button as part of Toyota’s “ebin” features. Since Toyota has chosen the Qi standard, those of you with a Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia Lumia 928 or Lumia Icon, to name a few, will be right at home.
The 2015 Toyota Camry is not yet available, but you can expect to see it make its debut sometime this summer.
source: Toyota (Twitter)
1. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
whos charge their phone on car? impractical
and the qi wireless charging speed...
why not just fully charged your phone at home?
expect you on your car almost all the day
2. nazyr1803 (Posts: 85; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
I charge my phone in my car. Do you think busy people have time to charge it? And sometime even u charge it at home and suddenly u want to go out, the phone still not fully charged.
3. maherk (Posts: 2065; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Seriously? I bet you just learned the word gimmicky recently
14. nazyr1803 (Posts: 85; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
well i bet u just just learn words future and modern life... or u dont have a smartphone? hahaha
4. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
"whos charge their phone on car?"
6. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Your comment is gonna generate so much flaming. I doubt you are one who is always in the car to know how useful it is to be able to charge your phone in the car.
10. daftside (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Everyone else except you, now go back to your stone cave.
(yes I registered just to reply to this dumb post)
22. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
I feel you bro.
I also registered some time ago just to reply to some retard.. and now there's no going back.
23. DnB925Art (Posts: 548; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I work on the rode going between offices. I am in my car 3 hours a day. For MY needs, this is AWESOME.
27. Dizzysit (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
I don't listen to the radio and play my music almost exclusively from the phone when driving. A car charger is a must. Especially when you're streaming your audio through bluetooth. And don't even get me started with the phone's GPS (although I would imagine this car has its own GPS).
5. Sauce (unregistered)
No more wirey mess.
7. hurrycanger (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Ummm... Cool. But I'm not upgrading my car yet. Still sticking with my 2000 Camry, lol.
9. pookiewood (Posts: 629; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
We got a 2013 Camry last year. Love it. Cool for those that will grab this car.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I love old cars -- no gizmos, no gadgets, no gimmicks. Driving is about the journey, about the people in the car, not a bunch of zombies with their heads jacked into The Matrix.
12. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Now not just upgrade your flagship, your car too
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3669; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
niceeeeeee....................but not a selling point
16. hellonerds (Posts: 269; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
My note 3 is always pluged inn... cant drive without waze app saved me from cops and stuff on the road/cars.. have a 2.1amp charge.. wireless takes too long to charge. I would only use wireless when im sleeping and just lay it on a wireless mat next to my table
17. TechDork (Posts: 255; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Well, I just bought my 2014 Corolla last month......oh well.
20. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Toyota article on phonearena?