Wednesday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- LG predicts 20% annual increase in their cell phone sales for 2009 and 2010. The extremely optimistic forecast is based on the rising demand for smartphones that LG intends to cash in on by rolling out a great number of Windows phones. (source: Fierce Wireless)
- HTC seems to share LG´s optimistic vision of the future. The company states they expect no less but 23% increase in their Q4 sales. More information is available via the source link. Digitimes
- Americans send 4.1bln texts on an average day. The stunning figure means that we are in for a new world record and we will probably see the annual figure swell with over 50%. (source: AfterDawn)
- Adobe Photoshop is now available to owners of Android handsets. Unfortunately, this particular version comes without several functions available on the iPhone´s edition, like the menu of various image filters etc., but we hope we get to see the developer adds the missing features in next revisions. You can get the application from Android Market. (source: CNET)
- You can now get the RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630 adorned with 24-carat gold panels... if you are willing to fork out the relatively modest amount of $899. Moreover, the appearance of the handset can be personalized with an extra trimming of diamonds, company logos etc. (source: ChipChick)