Friday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- Symbian Foundation welcomes its newest members – Qualcomm and Fujitsu. With the new entrants, the number of companies on the books has increased to eight, among them popular manufacturers like Nokia, Samsung, LG and Sony Ericsson. More information is available via the source links: Symbian-Freak (Fujitsu) and PR Newswire (Qualcomm)
- The Helio Ocean 2 disappears from the product catalogue of Virgin Mobile. The carrier that has recently taken over Helio states the reason is entirely logistic, i.e. the device is simply out of stock. We cannot be sure whether or not this is the case indeed, given the rumors that Virgin Mobile is trying to get rid of all traces of the Helio brand. (source: MobileCrunch)
- About 300 programs are currently available at Palm´s App Catalog. Well, that´s it, congratulations to all Palm Pre owners, the online application store is expanding. (source: Pre Central)
- The HTC Touch Diamond2 got itself an update to Windows Mobile 6.5. You can download it from here and don´t forget to sound off your opinion on the performance of the updated device in the comments below. (via: jkOnTheRun)
- Lucky fellows get their hands on the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Pureness.They guys over at PhoneDog managed to get a prototype of the Sony Ericcson XPERIA Pureness and released a 7 minute video hands-on with the handset. We do recommend that you take a look if you happen to be interested in what a phone with transparent screen looks like. (source: PhoneDog)