Debate: USB-C on iPhone 15? What do you think about it?

Join the discussion
44alexsmith
44alexsmith
Original poster
• 8mo ago

Finally

Iskra Petrova
Iskra Petrova
Phonearena team
• 8mo ago

Personally, I'm inclined to welcome the change. However, I can see where this can be slightly less convenient in the short term. If not all people hop immediately on the iPhone 15 train - for sure some of my friends and family won’t, that would mean I can’t charge my USB-C iPhone using someone else’s iPhone cable (like, if I go to my parents’ house..) so I’ll need to bring my own.

• 8mo ago

Eventually Samsung will copy this as usual.

• 8mo ago

Where’s that kid who swore up and down in every article on the subject, that apple would go full wireless long before going usb-c? Is he still around?

• 8mo ago
↵IskraPetrova said:

Personally, I'm inclined to welcome the change. However, I can see where this can be slightly less convenient in the short term. If not all people hop immediately on the iPhone 15 train - for sure some of my friends and family won’t, that would mean I can’t charge my USB-C iPhone using someone else’s iPhone cable (like, if I go to my parents’ house..) so I’ll need to bring my own.

But the rest of the world already uses usb C, including half the things in my house, way easier than hunting down lightning.

Iskra Petrova
Iskra Petrova
Phonearena team
• 8mo ago
↵TheNane said:

But the rest of the world already uses usb C, including half the things in my house, way easier than hunting down lightning.

Yes, very good point! Would you say that you see no disadvantages in getting rid of the Lightning cable? The point I made is so far the only one I was able to come up with, apart from just missing the good old Lightning (I may or may not miss it, most probably won't though) 😄

Iskra Petrova
Iskra Petrova
Phonearena team
• 8mo ago
↵44alexsmith said:

Finally

Would you not miss the Lightning port, or you're just totally done with it, in your opinion?

• 8mo ago

PA is the only "tech" site that is drooling over any changes in fruit companies that they could call "innovative".

• 8mo ago
↵iphoneisboss said:

Eventually Samsung will copy this as usual.

because Samsung did not have USB C before Apple?

Are you that moronic of a fanboi?

• 8mo ago

The new usb-c on Apple phones could cause the battery to explode if charged for too long. This would cause the owner to get a new phone with the jacked up prices they are claimed to have. I do not think this new charger port will sustain the needs of Apple.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless