Debate: How much should a flagship phone cost?

Join the discussion
• 7mo ago

You also have to take into account the inflation going around with currencies and cost of living. Who in their right mind is spending over $1000 on a phone. It was stupid years ago and still stupid in my opinion.

• 7mo ago
↵CEDEOTB said:

As MKBHD said before "cheap phones are getting good, and good phones are getting cheap". Aside from that I think the best value goes to the Pixel 7a, S23 FE and iPhone SE. Why do people even need so much phone.

Samsung Galaxy A line has some good enough phones. I don't trust Chinese phones yet. Afraid they won't last long.

• 7mo ago
↵Damato said:

Note series was my favorite i had most of em now Ultra & Fold Mac laptop and a satelite phone for travel

Yes, the Note Series was also a favorite of mine. Toward the end I began anticipating that late-summer release that fit in with my vacation plans a few times. I actually bumped a vacation one week (2017) to coincide with the Note8's release. I could go on and on. I even forgave them for the Note7 debacle.

• 6mo ago

You calling all of them Chinese phones means you see all of the manufacturers from China the same. The point is there are a lot of manufacturers from China and many of them produce just garbage but some produce really good phones I have had a midrange Huawei phone for over 8 years with no repairment or battery replace

The question is why still famous brands can sell expensive and not much featured/quality phones a lot?

• 6mo ago

shut up and take my money :)

• 6mo ago

I wanted to say just follow OnePlus lead, BUT...Pad only came as WiFi, Fold took 4 huge leap upward.

Back to square one. Or whichever allows custom ROM w\o negating auto call recording \ while avoiding DRM bs \ but not alerting banking & betting apps- I'll pay whatever.

Or maybe it's time for an open source Linux project.

• 6mo ago
↵StanleyKubrick said:

Yes the prices are NOT in line with reality...but then again reality is relevant! If, you play your cards right, you should never have to pay full price for any so-called flagship! Now if you are determined to buy at full price on day one then, well....you're probably going to pay full price. But with the fact that these things really do not change hardly at all from year-to-year getting last years model - OMG - is the better bet and will save you $$$$$$$. Or, many mid-range models are more than capable for 99% of what 99% of end users even need! So if you can get trade in discounts, or freebies or sell the previous model on Swappa then in most cases you will not pay even close to what the OEM's are trying to get out of you. YMMV

What about the fact that Apple has No distributors which takes about 20% out of the cost for them. This is simple rip off and pure profit I know. Without a distribution cost they make so much money it's ludicrous and it's why I refuse to buy anything Apple also due to me entire system being Microsoft from long ago. They're highest profit is from phones and without them they'd collapse in a few months! Why'd you guys buy these phones if you know these things?

I know if your system is Apple you need to keep up but if it's not that complicated why bother?????

I know so many people who buy these simply due to the Status symbol and they don't anything about phones at all. This is pure gravy for Apple so your financing the yauhts and other toys they buy plus they cheat on their taxes by hiding money overseas constantly. I'd never buy Apple due to most of these things but you'd guys are just plain foolish since so many good Android devices are all over abut you need to study this!

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless