Kyocera Mako S4000 User Reviews

sharrod
posted on 11 May 2010, 15:22

why?

hey my name is sharrod this fone sucks badly i wouldnt even rate this fone the day i got it the phane started to acted up so i thought that since the phone is new that it might have some minor glitches but they worent minor i charged it for 3hours to go to a party like 2 miles away as soon as i got there the battery streghth was at 3 bars etc if i continue i will go and break the kyocera ceo`s arms all kyocera phones suck they do you have a better chance with lowr catagories i have the huawei m228 and its awesome. SO PEACE!

slovette
posted on 11 Feb 2010, 22:52

1.7

This is the only phone that I have ever paid for, and it is the worst phone that I've ever had. The day after the 30 day warranty I stated having problems. It stated freezing all the time, not holding a charge.  It will  not store any of my calls so if they don't leave a message I can't see who calls. I have had my phone for about 8 months and  if you pick it up wrong the phone will just shut off, and sometimes when people call me I can't hear anything they say. They can hear me. I can't hear themDO NOT WASTE ANY MONEY ON THIS PHONE IF YOU WANT ONE YOU CAN HAVE MINE

Tannis
posted on 29 Jun 2009, 22:17

Kind of missing my old phone!

I have had my Kyocera since Dec/08 and I am missing my old phone desperately.

Pros

• The sound quality during conversations is very good. It takes reasonable pics. Light weight.

Cons

• #1 At best, I get 24 hrs of battery time. Within that period, I will have spent 5 mins talk & 5 mins text. I replaced my old phone b/c I was recharging it every 2 days, but that exceeded the battery life on my new Kyocera. #2 Scheduled events have a very short reminder alarm time. Don't leave your phone unattended if you count on it to remind you of events/appts. #3 If the phone is on vibrate, you will miss it if it is not right against your body. It's not a very assertive vibration.

Kyo-not
posted on 18 May 2009, 18:51

Bullocks

It's funny. This is my first phone that I actually purchased and the first hour, I dropped it while trying to flip it open but the phone was perfectly fine. I started fiddling around with sites on the internet to download some ringtones only to find that I don't have that option to save but only playback. Thought I would purchase a USB cord for it and I've been told by 3 different "experts" that I need to go online to ebay or the Kyocera site and purchase them there!? Anyway, the camera, I thought, worked great until i decided to flip it closed while in camera mode - the external screen showed a very dark gray picture with horizontal black lines everywhere. Exiting camera mode and turning it back on in internal screen mode was the only was it worked. This phone is the dog's bullocks!

Pros

• mini speaker is loud, good make on keypad for smooth gliding, battery life excellent on standby/talk time

Cons

• bad exposure with pics in the slightest dim-lit areas, bad battery life in when online with phone

jason douglas
posted on 12 May 2009, 22:45

good and bad

i have had this phone for close to a week now and has frozen today for the first time i had to take the battery out,i like the internet fist time with a phone that has that but again the phone would freeze and all buttons would lock for close to 2 mins,i am still learning the features,my main problem with this phone is the factory media/ringtones/wallpaper and ect. is locked and i have had to delete pics because it say's resolution to high to displayi guess do to there not being enough memory i have 5 song that i downloaded and thats all that i can store,if anybody knows how to remove the factory locked media so i can make it personalized let me know please,my friend has the same phone and he said the flip is getting loose,the battery life is good overall i give it a 6.5

Pros

• loud speaker,call quality, good camara for the price, texting,really light weight,and display when the phone is closed

Cons

• the factory default ringtones/wallpaper/pics that you cant delete,cant adjust the ring volume when phone is closed and freezes/lock's sometimes when i am on the internet.

jose valenzuela
posted on 04 May 2009, 20:36

Great Phone Cheap Price

i bough this fone for 99 with first month free thats really cheap and this fone has never froxe on me you can also download ringtones from the internet and pics it has a really loud speaker and its a great device overall.. in my opinion i prefer this phone rather than a touch screen .. had a touch scren iphone i wasent happy at all .. plans wey to expensive keybord suck!!

Pros

• battery life , call quality, good camara for price you pay, texting , really light weight, loud speaker

Cons

• feels really cheap and can break if dropped

Alli
posted on 02 Apr 2009, 15:16

Very good phone.

I personally, love my phone. I've never had any problems with it. Never freezes, i've never had to remove the battery. The camera works amazingly, and what makes it better is that i can send the pics straight to my email. I love how it's so small, and very pocket friendly. Also, i love the different faceplates they have for it. Makes the phone so much cuter! (I'm not the one to have a plain black phone.) My phone never drops calls, and the coverage on it is pretty good. I'm also always dropping my phone, this phone is VERY durable, and can take alot. All in all, this phone is very good. And, for you text-o-holics, like myself, this phone is definitely for you!

Pros

• Good coverage, good picture quality, holds a decent amount of music, bluetooth works nicely. Doesnt freeze. Good text buttons.

Cons

• None thus far.

yadira
posted on 10 Mar 2009, 21:34

i love it!!

This phone works really good to me i love it itz actually the best phone that iv ever had!!!! And ther lieing the battery last alot even if ur on the internet and one of the best things is that u can download and save pics ringtons and videos for free=D it has alot of kool featurs for example picture frams and flip open & close sounds,sound of the cliking is also kool and itz a very great size plus itz not that light whaight itz juzt avreage.

Pros

• GOOD DOOD PHONE

Cons

• NOT BAD @ ALL

steven williams
posted on 03 Mar 2009, 20:30

kyocera mako s4000

i just got this phone and the pictures suck the phone is lite because it is junk on the 1st day it froze while trying to answer a call but i am going to give it a chance for about 2 more days it looks kool fits well in my pocket key pad is pretty good size hope it is not really junk or i will return it

Pros

• lite black and stylish fits well in your pocket kool ring tones not like any others

Cons

• phone will lock up the only way to turn it back on is to remove the batt and then replace it and phone will work

April
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 21:32

So far...

I just got this phone and so far I love it.I am always playing with it to see what else it can do.The camera is really neat and takes way better pic the the Motorola V3 that I had before plus the camera has some really cool features,frames,crop,resize and more.As for the battery I'd have to say it last awhile,after all I am always on the phone either talking,playing or Bluetoothing.Also it has a ton of memory,95 MB or about 97,000 KB.I am so glad that I got rid of the Motorola and picked up this one!

Pros

• Memory,camera,cool looking,light weight,great sound,display outside screen shows who is calling and your wallpaper,easy to use

Cons

• none so far

daydya
posted on 25 Jul 2008, 13:34

LOVE IT

I LOVE THIS PHON .. THEY ARE LIEING THIS PHONE BATTERY LAST 12 HOURS WITH TALKING OR NOT... THIS PHONE IS TIGHT

Diane
posted on 23 Jul 2008, 15:13

3.2

S4000

PHONE SUCKS. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. BATTERY LASTS ONLY 27 MINUTES. MUST CARRY A CHARGER WITH YOU. KEYS STICK. PHONE FREEZES UP AND YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE BATTERY TO GET IT TO WORK AGAIN. PHONE DOES NOT ALWAYS RING, SO YOU MISS CALLS CONSTANTLY. SOMETIMES WHEN PHONE RINGS, THE RING DOES NOT ALWAYS MAKE A COMPLETE RING. HABVE BEEN CALLING KYOCERA AND METRO PCS AND NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT OR DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. SERVICE CENTERS AND THE METRO PCS STORES I WENT TO SAID THEYALL HAD PEOPLE COME BACK WITH THE PHONE. SINCE THE STORES ARE GETTING BAD REVIEWS AND NOT CARRYING THE PHONE ANYMORE, YOU ARE STUCK PAYING A FORTUNE FOR A BATTERY FROM KYOCERA. CANNOT DOWNLOAD RINGTONES FROM INTERNET. IT WAS THE FIRST KYCORA PHONE I PURCHASED AND THE LAST. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE OR ANY OTHER KYOCERA PHONE. FROM ALL THE STORES I HAVE BEEN TO AND THE PEOPLE I SPOKE TO ABOUT IT, THEY SAY THE SAME THING - KYOCERA PHONES SUCK. THE COPMPANY WON'T HELP YOU BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR THE PHONES FROM METRO PCS.

christian
posted on 16 Jul 2008, 08:01

4.6

I have this phone

well this phone LOOKS great, but the battery goes dead after about 4 minutes of talk time and I never was able to download ringtones from the internet. also, using the internet killed the battery and when in a public place, it was near impossible to hear the person I was on the phone with. The camera didn't take very good pictures either.