iPhone goes for an 82 day swim, survives to tell the tale
Dave likes to mount his iPhone 4 to his kayak to record some of the action and this day was no different. To protect his device, Dave used an Optrix case. Optrix makes a wide array of waterproof and high-activity minded cases that also cater to those that want to take video and pictures of their adventures.
Back to Dave’s iPhone’s story, Dave is riding a wave and gets turned over. While righting himself, his oar hits the camera mount and down goes the iPhone into the depths of the ocean. The iPhone continues to record video until the battery dies and then the device spends another 82 days in the water.
When it washes up on shore, a good Samaritan finds it, charges it up, turns it on, and called Dave’s dad. The iPhone and Dave were happily reunited and the video tells the tale. Dave plans to keep video recording his kayaking exploits, “I just need to hold onto it.”
Thanks Zack for the heads-up.
2. UglyFrank (Posts: 1106; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
We opened this thinking it had happen with an unprotected device....
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9883; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Never assume. Why? Because you make an... Well, you know.
10. Astoni (Posts: 625; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
title should be, Optrix Case saved Iphone..
4. Topcat488 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
All credit goes to Optrix! Otherwise that iphone would have been waterlogged.
7. Gawain (Posts: 405; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
right...because the picture clearly showing a case and the summary that says "rugged waterproof" is soooo misleading.
6. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 44; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Just sayin, a Nokia did this without a case.
8. Sauce (unregistered)
Doubt a Nokia could come close to doing this at the bottom of a 30+ Foot deep ocean floor with constant slamming against bottom rocks with strong currents, without a case.
Keep dreaming though ahaha.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly Sauce dudes lying. Post the link, and he gets to pick which foot I put in my mouth.
12. Sauce (unregistered)
He posts the link and I'll rat trap my fingers so I never post on this site again... Too bad theres no link
13. Maxwell.R (Posts: 202; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
This is the article he is referring to, but there is some disagreement if it is actually true or not.http://www.phonearena.com/news
19. Sauce (unregistered)
That is a lake, not an ocean.
18. Gaurav008 (Posts: 294; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Anybody up for rat trapping fingers, duct taping fingers in ass or putting foot in mouth? Now that the link is posted. :P
20. Sauce (unregistered)
That is a lake, not an ocean.
17. skymitch89 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Optrix can now update the "Waterproof" info for the case to say Depth of 30+ feet for 80+ days.
22. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Funny thing is that case probably costs more than iPhone 4
23. steedsofwar (unregistered)