iOS 6 Maps flyover will require A5 processor
1. iamcc posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:24 29
That's impossible. That would be similar to fragmentation.
iOS doesn't have fragmentation.
4. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:37 22
This...., this can't be....
Am I in the Twilight Zone? Apple & fragmentation?
How the tables have turned! lol
5. sithman (banned) posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:47 24
I'm an apple guy, but that was a good one bro lmao!!!
7. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Jun 2012, 14:01 21
You know I am glad you can take a joke. It's refreshing to see an Apple guy with a sense of humor.
Plus 1 for you!
2. jackhammeR posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:32 6
maybe not but apparently their maps will be resources hungry as a hog
3. jcanderson47 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:34 3
appearantly turn by turn nav is same thing!!!! BS
6. bragzter posted on 12 Jun 2012, 13:53 3
Siri said that Google got their OS from Ben & Jerry. So with this revalation, where is Apple OS coming from now?
9. theoak posted on 12 Jun 2012, 14:29 0
Its TomTom data ... TomTom has been doing GPS and mapping for a long time. Should be good.
14. Lucas777 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 16:48 1
flyover is not tomtom data... that is all apple.. tomtom i would assume is supplying the turn by turn directions and the traffic...
10. remixfa posted on 12 Jun 2012, 14:58 4
and from behind the fog of slick advertisement, iOS continues its reign of untold fragmentation.
13. Quezdagreat posted on 12 Jun 2012, 16:46 2
At least apple is clever enough not to add it to those devices and it ends up crashing the phones
15. jove39 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 17:33 1
Fragmentation...but they cant keep on supporting old hardware...this has to happen one day...what the hell...why do I care!
16. mas11 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 17:38 3
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't all devices running Android 4.0.4 have access to all the features of 4.0.4? Why can't all iOS devices running iOS 6 have access to all the features of iOS 6?
17. Quezdagreat posted on 12 Jun 2012, 17:59 0
Because those few devices came out recently so that mean they have the required specs
22. chrischau1308 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 19:34 1
Hello!!!!! The official update doesn't have Face Unlock!
27. sprockkets posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:30 2
True, because the camera on it doesn't work well enough according to google, even though it in actual use is fine.
It works for me 70/30 if I pose right, so I just got rid of it for a number pin to save time.
29. mas11 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 00:16 1
Exactly, it's a hardware limitation. Plus face unlock is just a gimmick, it's not nearly as important as turn by turn navigation.
19. Quezdagreat posted on 12 Jun 2012, 18:29 0
Of course it does, it was the first phone to have ics and it's dual core
20. Whateverman posted on 12 Jun 2012, 19:01 1
You're thinking of the Galaxy Nexus! The Nexus S is a different device. Only one core running at 1Ghz, but still a good phone.
24. Whateverman posted on 12 Jun 2012, 20:01 1
No biggie. Who hasn't mixed the two up...
26. krdawg10 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 21:16 0
Anyone want iOS 6 beta for $5 iMessage or email
Let him know Kyle sent you works awesome
28. xtian1103 posted on 13 Jun 2012, 00:00 1
google should sue apple. ios blatantly rips off android's patented fragmentation!
33. CRICKETownz posted on 13 Jun 2012, 14:33 0
Its about time you got some actual turn-by-turn nav built into the software Apple! this has been my only beef. as far as the topic of fragmentation goes...if fragmentation means not trying run the latest software on phones that don't have the hardware to keep up *coughs Android*...i'm all for fragmentation. but with the Galaxy S3 a month away for me...nav & iOS6 may not even be a factor.