Xposed Framework for Android 5.0 Lollipop is coming soon, developer claims it's already working
4. zacsaturday (Posts: 209; Member since: 09 May 2014)
I did *cough*not*cough* know that........
3. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Wow.. This is great.. Now I can finally get Android L on my phone.. I upgraded my G3 to 5.0 but I was missing xposed so much that I went to the service center and got my phone back to 4.4.2 .. This is great news.. Finally it's going to be here. Just release it now.
6. Anthony6612 (Posts: 18; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
Was waiting to update my phone until root was available and xposed was compatible. Now that this has shown up I am really happy. Been using xposed since 12/14 and I hate not having it.
7. Mfa901 (Posts: 280; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
respect for the developer....as he made exposed single handedly at first....and now after much struggle he also made it for android 5.0
10. Planterz (Posts: 2070; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Google needs to hire this guy. Chainfire too. It's amazing what these guys are able to do, and it's just a hobby for them.
16. ianbbaa (Posts: 305; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Actually Google and other OEMs hates them probably both - mostly Chainfire :)
but i like them both and a lot of other guys at XDA as well that made Androids to feel better.
Altohough X-posed is great, running on L doesnt change my mind to skip out of Android for my next phone.
20. Planterz (Posts: 2070; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Geohot found a major security hole/exploit which allowed root for countless devices, and they put him on the payroll.
Samsung probably hates Chainfire, but I doubt Google cares.
8. Sidewinder (Posts: 429; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Thus has to be the biggest thing to come out after the release of lollipop..
9. Planterz (Posts: 2070; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Oh HELL YES!!
I admit my faith may have wavered a bit (not in rovo89, but in Xposed being compatible with ART), but I'm happy as a pig prancing around in its own feces.
11. Cyberchum (Posts: 674; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Hands down the best news since lollipop's announcement. I flashed RR's lollipop but quickly reverted to my lovely Slim sabered kat because of the former's blandness but xposed is here to make it appealing.
12. Settings (Posts: 1591; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Still, KK is much better than Lollipop even with Xposed on it's way. It's like Gingerbread upgrading to ICS and gets better with Jellybean then Kitkat and a full U-turn for Lollipop.
13. Awalker (Posts: 1498; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Lollipop is a major step up from KitKat. The only thing holding back is the memory leak. Hopefully 5.1 will take care of that.
15. Settings (Posts: 1591; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
History just repeats itself, every major step of Android there will be upcoming fixes up until there are small creases left to fix then another major step. Wash rinse repeat.
14. Simona (unregistered)
Hey framework and dont f**k up icons AGAIN!
17. Sidewinder (Posts: 429; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
I don't care about lollipop. Just want xposed to work on art mode in the kitkat rom I'm running currently
19. Planterz (Posts: 2070; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
That brings up a good question - rovo89 is using Lollipop, but will it work on 4.4 ART?
25. shahrooz (Posts: 738; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
of course it wont, ART on kitkat is not thr same as ART on L
22. OrigPhoneGeek (Posts: 27; Member since: 11 Jun 2014)
Ugh... Xposed is worse than any carrier bloatware ever installed. Most of the garbage just slows down your phone or causes issues with battery life.
I think I'll pass and wait another week or two for a custom rom that has the features I want without all the junk...
24. Exempt1 (unregistered)
There's amazing things you can do with Xposed... Free Spotify, boost battery life with better battery management modules, funky addons to other apps... ROMs all have the same features: Change power management, move clock to middle, add function to the buttons.... Woo...
26. shahrooz (Posts: 738; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
GOOD NEWS, I will upgrade my Nexus 5 to lolipop after release.
27. Fellwalker (Posts: 356; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
Xposed is good, but is XPrivacy working?
28. azfar (Posts: 23; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
hopping this will also work on KK with ART enabled.