Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact dimension drawings leak, show thinner handsets
2. TisaTsir (Posts: 69; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
If they improve the camera performance and battery life of z2, then this phone will be a king.
9. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
So...you're saying that battery life on Z2 is poor?
3. vuyonc (Posts: 664; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Yup, thinner curved camera sensor module INBOUND!
29. buccob (Posts: 1938; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
That would explain thinness
That Z3 Compact size is amazing! Exactly what I have been waiting
30. Amir1 (Posts: 290; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
z3 and especially z3c have a potential to sell like breads. they just need good marketing, carrier support and fast worldwide availability. GO SONY!
4. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
getting really interested in z3 compact.... the size of screen and phone is perfect.....
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3473; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah the Z3 compact does seem a bit interesting. Unlike the Z3.
16. sukampret (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
apparently z3c is only 2mm taller and 0.7mm slimmer than z1c. so this is basically have same size as z1c with bigger screen
17. sukampret (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
pa, the height is 126.98 not 129
so the z3c and z1c have same height.
28. vincelongman (Posts: 2478; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO Sony should make a Z3 Medium
A ~135 x 70 mm phone with a ~5" screen (like the Xperia ZL)
5. 1701nino (unregistered)
For me if this phone doesn't pack snapdragon 805 and OIS stabillized camera it's not worth buying over the Z2.I mean whats the point,specs matter otherwise it's the same phone.
7. jeff1434325 (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Is it just me or the Z2 just looks more eye-catching, elegant & stylish than this?...just asking;)
13. Amir1 (Posts: 290; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
it's just you. z3 and z3c look to have the best omnibalance design yet and best ergonomics. no comparison. pretty amazing dimensions also. good job sony!
8. iamoa (unregistered)
i hope those 4 "SEPARATE CORNERS" on the phone are not the final design. it doesn't gives a complete finished chasis look to the phone unlike z2. and top and bottom bezels... :'(
14. Amir1 (Posts: 290; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
those cuts have purpose. either for antenna or absorption of impact in case the phone drops. sony is not stupid.
34. iamoa (unregistered)
i really hope they have a good reason behind this.
31. buccob (Posts: 1938; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Doing simple maths, assuming the screen aspect ratio is 16:9 as usual...
the width according to drawings is 54.16mm... so height will be 101.61mm. the diagonal would then be 116.59mm and that would make them:
diagonal (inches) = 4.59! amazing for such size.
Z3 does not show any screen dimensions...
12. Wiencon (Posts: 497; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
If Compact has 4.6 it will be total killer, look at its size, it's shorter than Z1C, but wider also which is not so good. Can't wait to see this phone!
20. sukampret (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
the size is about the same.
z3c : 126.98 x 64.9 x 8.8 mm
z1c : 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm
21. Amir1 (Posts: 290; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
when you hold the phone in your hand it makes a difference.
25. Wiencon (Posts: 497; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
If audio quality won't disappoint this will be my next phone. So hyped!
18. TruthSpeaker (unregistered)
Z2 >Z3 dimensions (mm)
146.8 > 146.46
73.2 > 72.09
8.2 > 7.3
39. fzacek (Posts: 2443; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
How is a bigger body with a smaller/equal sized screen better?...
19. Genza (Posts: 325; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
According to drawings leak the Z3C is 126.98 mm tall not 129 mm.
22. Switch00 (Posts: 63; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
as I have been saying for the last few years, design of Nokia N8 (with hope of included physical keyboard from E7 and even bigger size), with the exception of sharp angles at top and bottom, was close to perfect. i even brushed off those angles manualy to see the end result and the phone looked almost flawless to me (Z3?).
what even nowadays impresses me, compared to the other phones out there of course, was the N8's quality of sound (through that tiny speaker that should be enlarged in next models, or through those amazingly designed earphones with FUL play/pause, forward/backward and volume buttons (WH-701) –compared to the plastic cheap looking earphones in latest models of most brands today), quality of photos and a friendly way i could take them (physical button is a must (abandoning physical buttons on phones is by my opinion plain stupid), longpress for camera startup was missing) and that vintage CASIO watch design that designwise no phone comes close to - all in one (N8). Minimalism (for example apple) is cool, but eventualy gets real boring.
If they upgraded that N8 design (including some hardware, software, materials improvenments) in a way they are upgrading Iphone, 'Z', Galaxy S, I believe none could compare to an upgraded N8.
The race for just a bit thinner, lighter, bezelless, buttonless phone with basicaly meaningless (useless) hardware improvements, with more or less obvious attempts of copying Apple, seem pathetic to me. There is so much room for real improvement with just tiny comprimises (a bit thicker and heavier for MUCH better camera lens (I don't care if there is a smaller bump like on Nokia 1020, if it looks stylish like on N8), speakers and battery) and so much room for design changes, that the news about the alleged 'new' Z3, Iphone6, Galaxy from aluminum (metal back that is, the rest more or less probably stays the same or doesnt matter to the owner of phone?) makes me feel sorry for companies, that have such decission makers on future phone models. And BTW, Sony, make a Z3 with white or transparent bezel, turned on display will appear much larger and will go easier on the eyes.
33. gigaraga (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Besides the slimmer design, it probably going to sport the same overused design (although it is nice)
35. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 304; Member since: 30 May 2014)
z2 is slim enough for me. they should trim the bezels instead of slimming the device. slimmer makes the device prone to break.
sorry for the english .....
36. crucifysorrow14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
Sony needs to improve on battery life and long-life screens. They seem to crack a lot on their own.
38. fzacek (Posts: 2443; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I hope the Z3 Compact has at least a 900p display. 720p just doesn't cut it anymore for a handset of that size and price...
40. exxperian (Posts: 21; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Sony phones were way better than Samsung iPhones I don't know why Sony is not successful in market