Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact dimension drawings leak, show thinner handsets
2. TisaTsir (Posts: 70; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
If they improve the camera performance and battery life of z2, then this phone will be a king.
9. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
So...you're saying that battery life on Z2 is poor?
3. vuyonc (Posts: 1016; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Yup, thinner curved camera sensor module INBOUND!
29. buccob (Posts: 2571; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
That would explain thinness
That Z3 Compact size is amazing! Exactly what I have been waiting
30. Amir1 (unregistered)
z3 and especially z3c have a potential to sell like breads. they just need good marketing, carrier support and fast worldwide availability. GO SONY!
4. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
getting really interested in z3 compact.... the size of screen and phone is perfect.....
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah the Z3 compact does seem a bit interesting. Unlike the Z3.
16. sukampret (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
apparently z3c is only 2mm taller and 0.7mm slimmer than z1c. so this is basically have same size as z1c with bigger screen
17. sukampret (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
pa, the height is 126.98 not 129
so the z3c and z1c have same height.
28. vincelongman (Posts: 4516; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO Sony should make a Z3 Medium
A ~135 x 70 mm phone with a ~5" screen (like the Xperia ZL)
5. 1701nino (unregistered)
For me if this phone doesn't pack snapdragon 805 and OIS stabillized camera it's not worth buying over the Z2.I mean whats the point,specs matter otherwise it's the same phone.
7. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Is it just me or the Z2 just looks more eye-catching, elegant & stylish than this?...just asking;)
13. Amir1 (unregistered)
it's just you. z3 and z3c look to have the best omnibalance design yet and best ergonomics. no comparison. pretty amazing dimensions also. good job sony!
8. iamoa (unregistered)
i hope those 4 "SEPARATE CORNERS" on the phone are not the final design. it doesn't gives a complete finished chasis look to the phone unlike z2. and top and bottom bezels... :'(
14. Amir1 (unregistered)
those cuts have purpose. either for antenna or absorption of impact in case the phone drops. sony is not stupid.
34. iamoa (unregistered)
i really hope they have a good reason behind this.
31. buccob (Posts: 2571; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Doing simple maths, assuming the screen aspect ratio is 16:9 as usual...
the width according to drawings is 54.16mm... so height will be 101.61mm. the diagonal would then be 116.59mm and that would make them:
diagonal (inches) = 4.59! amazing for such size.
Z3 does not show any screen dimensions...
12. Wiencon (Posts: 1906; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
If Compact has 4.6 it will be total killer, look at its size, it's shorter than Z1C, but wider also which is not so good. Can't wait to see this phone!
20. sukampret (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
the size is about the same.
z3c : 126.98 x 64.9 x 8.8 mm
z1c : 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm
21. Amir1 (unregistered)
when you hold the phone in your hand it makes a difference.
25. Wiencon (Posts: 1906; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
If audio quality won't disappoint this will be my next phone. So hyped!
18. TruthSpeaker (unregistered)
Z2 >Z3 dimensions (mm)
146.8 > 146.46
73.2 > 72.09
8.2 > 7.3
39. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
How is a bigger body with a smaller/equal sized screen better?...
19. Genza (Posts: 539; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
According to drawings leak the Z3C is 126.98 mm tall not 129 mm.