What does Nokia have planned for September 19th besides “Being awesome”?
Well, we know what is going to be happening on July 11th in New York City, the Nokia EOS will be announced featuring the super-anticipated 41MP camera, expected to be a worthy successor to the PureView 808. As for September though, the rumor mill is pointing that a phablet (or phablets) will bear all for everyone to see. We may also see next generation Windows Phone hardware as part of the deal too, full 1080p screens and quad-core processors (even though Windows Phone runs quite nicely with the current silicon).
We are certain to learn more about what Nokia has up its sleeve in the near future, as for “being awesome,” we suspect that July 11th will prove to be pretty awesome in its own right when Nokia reinvents the zoom. Being awesome in September is going to be bonus.
sources: Nokia (Facebook) via Nokiapoweruser
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I want LUMIA 1000!!
27. iamfury (Posts: 59; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
how about a "Lumia 3310" ? now that would be EPIC :D
29. Dastrix (Posts: 570; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
That would be the best phone ever!!! Will it need updated specs though? Chuck Norris would approve! xD
40. StormWolf (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
That’s not as farfetched as some might think…well, at least I hope it’s not.
But with Nokia getting that $1.35 billion grant to further develop graphene (the wonder material) it’s quite possible to see another (theoretically) indestructible phone…besides the original 3310 :D
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3273; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
maybe possible, we had seen aluminium eos last week, looks like phablet and it has square hole for lytro lens. exciting
2. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
So there you go, Nokia can really stand on it's own! Maybe that's what they were meeting about at Espoo! hahahaha..
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I should think so they were doing it for the past 10years before smart phones arrived!
8. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
hahaha.. and this will crush all smartphones out there.. hahahah.. You're right.. I am thinking about a tablet as well..
10. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
If it doesn't have android how can it crush all smart phones?
13. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Android is not gonna win every time.
May be they have something better for us than Android. May be.
23. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
OMG! Android for Nokia again? Okay. You can talk the talk.. hahaha..
33. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I didn't said Android for Nokia.
Atleast read my comment before replying me
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol being awesome....haha.....but anyway I predict a EOS, a Phablet and a tablet......if I just get the eos then I have lost all respect for Nokia as it will just become another 925 disappointment....
11. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nope those are probably revealed in the July keynote sometime, this will be most definitely the next Flagship! How the 920 was revealed in September...
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1095; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they wont do tablet coz microsoft is in that area
39. milesboy5 (Posts: 142; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
So? It is still money for MS if it has windows on it... Plus there are other windows tablet makers out there besides MS.
5. ronalgps0 (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 Jun 2013)
Come on with full HD and snapdragon 800 , 4,8 screen and wp8.1
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5072; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Something BIG is coming.....Bring it on Nokia! Hell yea!
7. TechEnthu (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i think it will be Nokia World Conference... every year its in September
15. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Now this should be called "the next big-thing"
34. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 881; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
did you mean the next bing thing ?
20. Lyngdoh (Posts: 221; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
EOS is gonna be awesome bt N9's design is not awesome anymore.
22. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
New phone dual booting Key Lime Pie and Windows 8.
Make it happen, Nokia.
25. notoffended (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
Why doesnt Nokia make android phones..
Now that would really be awesome.
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6144; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
A 6" incher LUMINA WITH PURE VIEW ;)
28. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
FORGODSAKE! Its LUMIA!! Not LUMINA!
though i would like a lumia Phablet with pureview too..
31. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 828; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
I don't think I would go as far as to say its a successor to the 808. In a lot of ways, the 808 is still going to be better...
35. mohitmk21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
in pic, the tile below cloud tile looks like of instagram
37. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1024; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Has any of you fine Folks heard about the Debut of the Nokia Windows 8 tablet. I have seen screen shots of a grey case Nokia Windows 8 tablet.To me there will 4 windows tablet OEM's To look at for good Windows 8 tablets 1= Microsoft "Surface #2", 2=Lenovo "Equinox with an Intel i7 cpu, 3=Nokia Windows 8 Tablet, 4=Vizio Windows 8 tablet because they will make them affordable and make them close to what Microsoft has software wise in the MS "Surface Pro"
38. SOwhat (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
sept event the return of 3310 phablet with 41 mp pureview quad core, 5' + screen 1080p display 64 gb storage 2g ram, with memory slot, dual xenon flash 0.0
41. ronalgps0 (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 Jun 2013)
with support for full HD screen and 4 core