The world's most and least compact phablets relative to their screen size
1. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
But G Pro 2 wasn't 77.2" or something around it?
24. Ashoaib (Posts: 2918; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Vivo xplay 3s is a very cool looking phone
42. Ashoaib (Posts: 2918; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is what I commented last year and I have Xplay 3S this year :)
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1615; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
iPad Air should be relatively compact, and also Mini. Nexus 7 has huge bottom bezels, and almost every 10" tablet other than Air have yet quite thick bezels. I'd say that thickest bezels are in cheap 7 inch tablets.
21. Finalflash (Posts: 2197; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But tablets are different, because you can't comfortably hold them in one hand as easily as smartphones. Bezels become necessary and actually a good thing as long as they aren't adding too much weight to the device.
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Don't forget about the Huawei MediaPad X1. :)
15. ScottSchneider (Posts: 325; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Nowadays When I see a Phonearena profile pic in the comment section... I know it is Chris.P... Nice...
17. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
No Coolpad 9976A? Did you guys really look at ALL phablets? A bunch more came out in the last two months...
19. buccob (Posts: 2161; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
But tablet shouldn't focus on smaller bezels because they are actually a necesity to offer a comfy grip.
Tablet designs should be focused on thinner and lighter devices... and battery life
6. Chris.P (Posts: 417; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
13. tech2 (Posts: 3057; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Can I know how do you guys find out area of the device i.e. is it just length*breath or you deduct the curved edges on the corners from the equation?
18. ScottSchneider (Posts: 325; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
By the way... How about the Galaxy Round... It is a 5+ inch phone too...
8. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 781; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
'Check out our ranking of the world's most and least compact PHABLETS relative to their screen size' can you read the title?
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The Note 3 rules them all!
But that Vivo 3S though..
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Was kind of curious how the Coolpad 9976A ranked....
20. ojdidit84 (Posts: 438; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
There is NOTHING compact about the G Flex... lol
One of my god parents switch to that from the 5S. That thing is HUGE. Makes my Note 3 look like a toy.
37. BaffledTruffle (Posts: 468; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
relative to their screen size" Did you even bother to read the title?
22. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Of course, the larger the screen size, the more they could cram behind the display and that translates to higher display ratios. A 4-inch phone (what? the iphone 5 has a 4-4inch screen?!!) would never do well here unless it is brick thick (or super long like the iphone)
43. aleunge (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Yes I think we all understand that but that's not the point. It's relative to other phablets, which ones do the larger screen more effectively. For example, some of the phablets lower on the list (or not on the list) could totally have had larger screens on them. iPhone 6 plus with the large round button? Or you see things like the Xperia z ultra with the large bezel on the bottom which could have been used for hardware buttons to put better use to the bezel... Like the redmi right below it. It has more screen to work with in most apps.
Or if you compare it with the post from last week on non phablets, you see some of the phablets aren't even much better off than smaller screen phones (and 1% of bezel is more physical space than 1% on a smaller screen)
23. Karriope (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
If you want to see a gorgeously screen-filled design I want to point to the XPERIA ZL and (Japanese au only) UL. Now those are wonders in the bezel department. I was wondering why they weren't mentioned then I realized these were for phablets.
In a way it's kind of ironic because Sony is recognized lately for having oversized bezels on their, um, flagship flagships.
As for Sharp, it's a real pity they keep to themselves in Japan. They actually make some incredible devices.
27. GBPN15 (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
How i truly hate bezels discution. It just donesn't matter that much... -.-
25. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
I didnt expect there are phablets that are less compact than Oppo N1...haha
26. najib1312 (Posts: 105; Member since: 08 May 2013)
That awkward moment when you realize Note 2 has more bezels than Xperia Z Ultra.
I currently own the Lenovo S930. Pretty huge device, but the front-facing dual dolby stereo speakers is worth the trade-off.
28. 3rdDegree (Posts: 211; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I think there is some incorrect information here....
I am sure Phone Arena said in a previous post that the LG G PRO 2 had "an industry leading screen to phone size ratio" of more than 77%
31. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
HTC one max did very well, imagine if there was no front facing speakers ......lol
33. isprobi (Posts: 410; Member since: 30 May 2011)
These measurements totally miss the true point of buying a plablet.....so you can use it as a phone and a tablet. That means you need some bezel to hold onto in landscape mode. If you try that on any of the winners in this contest you will end up hitting a button on the right side and covering up a speaker on the left side.
36. aymnga (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Aug 2012)
Huawei ascend mate 7 is 83%
get your facts right
38. Twayn (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Dec 2014)
People complaining all over the place about the design of chinese phones and they just slayed the rest of the phones in this list.
39. nahusiv (Posts: 45; Member since: 20 Apr 2015)
you forgot the oppo R7 Plus on second place
40. namesib (Posts: 84; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
Phones with ugly, screen-wasting virtual buttons should have percentage points knocked off.
41. material (Posts: 72; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
LOL! PA , You made the list 44 phones long just to include Iphones