TouchWiz goes flat? Alleged Galaxy S6 Android Marshmallow preview screenshots leak
13. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
no! that looks more like iOS!!
32. AlikMalix (Posts: 5836; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
It looks extremely like iOS, with no shadows and blurry overlay backgrounds. I bet the animations are identical.
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 21201; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes it does, and it looks pretty clean. You know Apple and Samsung are frienemies. It's their trolling fanboys the do the nagging.
31. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 167; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Actually they copied Nokia's Symbian Belle OS. Screenshot:http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Deq1ZP7jiSE/Tc5798xuR7I/AAAAAA
50. rick_mobile (Posts: 271; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
Holly**** it's identical to the Nokia. I guess they really did get it from Nokia
52. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
I instantly notice it's very symbian look a like
49. rick_mobile (Posts: 271; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
It does look a bit like iOS. But it'll look much better, sharper and vibrant than those washed out LCD panels on the iphone.
Plus, thank goodness for themes, launchers and icon packs on android because in my opinion those icons look boring and old.
51. AlikMalix (Posts: 5836; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Why do you even bother? We know you hate iOS. Your opinion always going to be negative and "washed out". Glare from Samsung panels hurt my eyes - it's too contrasted especially on older models like s5 and older. Lcd has been perfected and now oled got good colors. You're entitled to your opinion, but you overexaggerate to the extreme - makes your attempt a moot one.
53. rick_mobile (Posts: 271; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
Today I'm just trolling for fun. Take a chill pill.
I don't hate iOS. I just like to troll sheeps and help them get their head out of their @$$.
I will criticize android too if they come up with something stupid.
58. AlikMalix (Posts: 5836; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Never mind then, I do that too (a lot). Carry on.
54. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Apple lcd wash out? i think it's exaggerating statement but amoled has higher contrast with deep black and vibrant colors. Boring icon? i think he has the right to speak because it's subjective, and probably he doesn't want to jailbreak his device.
57. androidwindows (Posts: 191; Member since: 04 Oct 2014)
Heyyy...it's the pot calling the kettle black...
2. droidboy (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Still ugly.. I would go back to Samsung if they ran stock Android.
8. catt4u (Posts: 144; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
I don't have a problem with the current TouchWizz.
But it would be nice to have the choise between TW and plain Android.
(and the option to add certain apps from TW trhough the Play Store)
The camera app in TW is the best out there for Android imo.
Also the S-health app is better than Fit from Google
9. Pattyface (Posts: 1612; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Agree with everything said here.. S health is much better than fit too
10. Sidewinder (Posts: 429; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
It would just be another phone running stock Android if it didn't run tw. In terms of usability and features, tw is far ahead than stock Android.
24. mistercarter (Posts: 360; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
even battery optimization is much better than stock Android
61. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
There is no way Sammy ditches TW.
11. Dr.SamX (Posts: 153; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
There are plenty of custom roms out there and there will be Cyanogenmod available for the S6 soon, so you actually can get stock Android on a Samsung device!
17. tedkord (Posts: 11626; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not in all instances. The Verizon Note 4 still doesn't have a true root, let alone am unlocked bootloader. You can't even have a modded TW kernel, let alone CM. Besides, with CM you get a much buggier experience and useless hardware (S-Pen).
22. Macready (Posts: 951; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Plenty of themes to choose from, including those mimicking stock. Outdated complaints.
48. droidboy (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Not really outdated... Still an issue "theme's" don't count. Tw is still ugly as ever ... And phones that don't run stock Android take forever for software updates...
39. MDave (Posts: 115; Member since: 09 Apr 2015)
Lollipop white everywhere and that awful notification dropdown? No thanks.
55. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Yup ugly... colors & icon become worst with this update, i hope they include themes feature to older Note 4.
3. Wolf_Blitza (Posts: 59; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Apple did it, so Samsung has to do it too? SMH, Apple is the true innovator of copying Microsoft.
29. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Funny, it was Microsoft wo did it first, not Apple. So who actually is copying who?
Everyone loathe when Microsoft did it with Windows 8 first and everyone was crying it was ugly and they didnt liek the colors and blah blah blah. Then Apple comes with iOS7 and does the same and used even uglier girlified colors and when it was leaked, everyone was liek Apple would never make anything that ugly and the pictures are false, must be from some cheap chinese iPhone knockoff; and it turned out to be the real deal.
Now you're claiming Samsung is copying Apple? lol
The writer is blind. TouchWiz that was introduced with the Galaxy S6/Edge, already has a flatten UI. The photos above are no different with the exception of #3 where they removed the colored background for the qucik toggles.
4. darka9 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Dec 2015)
Well, the icon pack reminds me so much of the Symbian belle one. Shape, colors, overall style. I would say it is a regression.
23. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Complaining about icons on android. Really dude! Even my grandma knows how to change that.
6. Neros (Posts: 1016; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
Terrible news for most touchwiz fans. I never liked google's flat ui.
7. Cicero (Posts: 870; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Picture no. 7 is about Smart Manager wich I received a week ago on an 437 MB update on SGS4 I9505. In this update I receive also Apps Optimization under battery and latest security patches. Nice from Samsung to have this on S4.
16. IOSANDROID (Posts: 86; Member since: 30 Sep 2015)
I just hope that the Note 4 get the same love and I really hope it gets the pro-mode.
21. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 793; Member since: 11 May 2013)
if they cant provide theming option for note4, this UI will be enough for me tho :)
26. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
FLAT!!!!! It looks identical to what is on my Note 5 right now. I see no difference whatsoever. What am I missing?
30. Rigbaby (Posts: 85; Member since: 06 Nov 2014)
Thank you! I thought there was something wrong with me, other than the loss of a slight shadow from the note 5 and the s6 and that white notification bar...I'm not even gonna talk about that new notification bar...
27. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Either I am blind or the writer is blind, or everyone here is blind.
The UI in those photos looks 100% identical to what was on the Note 5/S6's from the beginning. The app pages are all flat right now.
The icons don't have drop shadows, the colors are lighter, text is sharp with no drop shadows and more. I see no difference in those photos vs what is on my phone right now.
The only difference is slide #3. They removed the colored background on the screen that shows all the quick toggles. Everything else is already flatten on the new UI introduced with the S6.
Seems the writers here are purposely ignorant to Samsung devices to create controversy.
33. trqster (Posts: 97; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Getting better, but even better is to just apply the standard Android vanilla theme from the theme store...
34. Vanliewn (Posts: 65; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Thank God samsung added their theming to their devices makes color of menus and notification bar not matter. This is why android is for me. If I don't like a change that the manufacturer makes, I can change it. Couldn't imagine being on ios 6 when 7 hit. I would've been so upset
37. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks the same to me. I hated the round icons at first but they are okay now. I think any change is good so I don't really care what they do as long as it's not criminal.
38. DnB925Art (Posts: 1010; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Eh, I run Material Dark theme on my Note 5. Best of both: functionality of TW and the look of stock combined.
40. cnour (Posts: 745; Member since: 11 Sep 2014)
It is the last Symbian icons!!!!! Copying copying copying!!!!
41. flavius22 (Posts: 168; Member since: 23 Aug 2015)
Dumb people dont like smart things. Some of the others like simplicity. So here we go
42. yemkoid (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 Aug 2015)
Pro mode on Note 4 can never be possible since it doesn't have support for manual settings
56. IOSANDROID (Posts: 86; Member since: 30 Sep 2015)
I thought that it was one of the new features of android M new APIs to use manual controls in compatible smartphone and since the Note 4 and the S6 god even the Note 5 have all about the same sensor, so why wouldn't it be suported? Prosscessor?
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 21201; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Could #4 indicate built in video chat, perhaps hangout integration.