These could be the first screenshots from iOS 8, new apps spotted
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wow it's revolutionary!
I think they should make some bigger changes to how iOS works if they release a bigger screen phone. This same icon row thing just doesn't go with big screens.
18. maherk (Posts: 3420; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I don't think iOS needs to be changed, people love it the way it is. Those who love customization, like me, will pick up an android phone, and those who like simplicity will go for iOS. My only issue with iOS is iTunes, and the small screens. But if iPhone came in a 5.5" flavor, I might give it a shot.
29. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
if apple offered a better level of customization then i would agree with you, not much need for change, however i do agree with you that, if you like simplicity then choose an iphone, it is designed to be so, and if you like freedom and cusomization and compatability then android is the way to go, i do sometimes find it funny how people try and compare a flagship android to the latest iphone, they are both in different leagues and cannot really be compared persay
32. Diezparda (Posts: 844; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
it's not simplicity i assume, they are lazy. iOS 6 interface (iPad version) is way better than iOS 7 especially their music apps. Some apps just look like a blown up iPhone version.
35. iTechies (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
yes, and iOS 1 is still far more better than WP8 :)))
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10435; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I miss gesture typing whenever I'm using my iPad Mini 2. :(
3. nobrainer (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
text edit and preview are ripped off from mac os x
11. stealthd (unregistered)
You can't really rip off your own apps
19. Sauce (unregistered)
Preview is pretty silly on a phone....
You click an image (from FB, photo lib, SMS, etc) and it pops up... whats to preview....?
24. Finalflash (Posts: 2773; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well at the rate they make changes it could be all the way to iOS 13, but whether this is real of not makes 0 difference. It doesn't seem to show anything ridiculous that isn't already expected, or some sort of game changer that would warrant it any attention.
5. eman99 (Posts: 360; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
It just could be the same old same old thing
6. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I'm pretty certain that this is fake... Why is there a need for preview app when you have a photos app. And that textedit icon... I highly doubt apple would make the background of it black....
7. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
These can be VERY easily photoshopped, so I doubt it's authentic....
9. nestea (unregistered)
it is beta you know? they will change those icons for hundred of times. Also it could be fake.
10. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
people are good at leaking. this actually isn't photoshopped it's a part of the icloud integration.
14. UglyFrank (Posts: 1581; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Now we must wait for iOS 13/14 to see some change
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Thats a drastic change, a game changer
17. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I don't think it is real
Preview and TextEdit apps are not iOS 7 themed i.e. They have some skeuomorphism and not flat
20. JoeDirt (Posts: 47; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
I totally agree. They copied the Preview and TextEdit artwork from the OS X icons. They did a decent job with Healthbook. I doubt Apple will have a Tips app because they have an iPhone manual already embedded in Safari. I could have done this photo shop myself!!!
26. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I was just getting ready to comment the same thing.
21. alumoyo (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Really guys? REALLY? I DON'T USE A MAC AND I CAN RECOGNISE THOSE ARE MAC ICONS. Chris P please take us seriously! Some lame ass photo shop job makes the front page "Featured" section now? Come on!
22. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Seriously thought they would have adopted the Tile based live homescreen that Windows Phone ushered in, it seems to be a growing trend, if this is legit, maybe iOS 9.
25. kopkiwi (Posts: 48; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Well if that just aint as boring as it gets. But then again, what else can you expect from the company that refuses to change.
28. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Anyone else concerned about the 25 gig thing? If it's the 32GB model then 7 gigs of iOS is pretty significant, a 16gig version would only have 9!
31. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
if only Apple start doing widgets on the iPhone..
33. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Yes it looks the same. And?
I don't recall seeing many visual changes on Adnroid 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, or 4.4...