These are Toshiba's camera modules for Project Ara
5. Finalflash (Posts: 2726; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
The wait is killing me, it is like all these amazing things are just one step ahead. Project Ara, self driving cars, drone deliveries... just can't wait.
13. camera531 (Posts: 342; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Drone deliveries are dead following recent regulations.
2. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I wonder if there's going to be a module that doubles as a back cover...
16. AndroidLollipop (unregistered)
great. back cover module with additional battery with different capacities. choices of 2000mah, 3000mah, 5000mah :)
3. rency0722 (Posts: 152; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I doubt Sony will join the Ara bandwagon this time. As much as the project becomes successful, that will be the time they will produce Exmor RS sensors for Ara.
4. vincelongman (Posts: 3986; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Toshiba actually make great cameras too
E.g. Lumia 1020 and PureView 808
6. Tritinum (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 May 2014)
They should have added a case at the back of the Project Ara phone, that way the parts would be safe & hidden also the phone would look a whole lot better imo.
12. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
So what, you can change it at any time...
10. greenelektron (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
They should keep the promise of having a low base price.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 5257; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I have a dream. To DIY on own Windows Notebook. But this is BETTER! DIY my own phone!
14. drunkenjay (Posts: 856; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
wow that bump. they totally copied samsung.