The next iPhone could have an impressive display with "Quantum Dot" technology
1. Derekjeter (Posts: 722; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
At this moment any phone Apple releases will beat the huge disapointment of the S5 and Z2. I hope the G3 will bring something better.
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3872; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looking forward to seeing next Nokia flagship this year, and i hope will not disappointed us.
8.1 have bunch of features and getting apps.
nokia's next flagship will be killer for sure.
7. Derekjeter (Posts: 722; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
All they need to succeed is to release WP8.1 already. Having to wait till April or even longer will just hurt them even more. NOKIA phones are already great they just need software not hardware. I want to switch my HTC one for a NOKIA Icon but I rely heavy on Google apps.
10. sprockkets (Posts: 1609; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Problem is, what is the flagship? The 1020? The 1520? The Icon?
Nokia can't make up its mind.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apparently the flagship is a new phone - the L1820.
And it will be released as a carrier exclusive on... AT&T.
Another sales fail because AT&T doesn't own the smartphone market. If Nokia has ~9% of the smartphone market share in the U.S., imagine what they would have without the STUPID carrier exclusives.
5. Daftama (Posts: 611; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy is really holding back I don't know for what but they are holding innovation... Look at ces 2012 they had a great video with the display and tablet.. Let that innovation come to life
8. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I think they expected a good market response using their water+dust proof and heart rate sensor tech but things didn't turn out so well.
15. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Samsung also wants to cut marketing costs because they drained their financial results.
17. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Finally Android fans are crying now? lol waiting for the iPhone 6, it will blow these junk out of the water and you will have a jaw-drop, shouting "wow".
19. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
not really, Android fans still have unreleased flagship from LG, Motorola, HTC
20. Finalflash (Posts: 2538; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, the Apple fans will because lets be honest, grandmas and kids are easily surprised and entertained. As for anyone else, large screens and smart features are an everyday thing.
24. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1708; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Don't they always to you iZombies... You're pathetic
21. iamoa (unregistered)
I have completely lost my believe, confidence and trust in rumours after S5's launch. :P
2. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I bet Sammy will walk the same path as Nokia if they don't bring innovation in their next note series. I have to admit that their gear 2 was okay in my opinion. But the GS5 is just a disgrace. The iPhone 6 and LG G3 will silence it once they come out.
11. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
And Motorola to grab the rest of the world that hates 5+" phones like myself. Not because I think they are bad, they just are not right for me.
6. Dude2014 (Posts: 427; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
After seeing GS5, I will probably consider purchasing my 1st iPhone if they release 4.7' or 5.5' iPhone. Hope Note 4 or other Android flagships would stop me from doing that.
9. blingblingthing (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Considering android OEMs have those sizes already and iOS is late to the party adding android features and UI design cues, I take it you simple are an iPhone fan?
13. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Moto x (2014) will fix everything wrong with the current one, I can see it now.... I hope :)
12. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol, reading these comments makes me think you people are either cheerleaders or business analysts...
14. sprockkets (Posts: 1609; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Impressive technology? Bullsht. All it is is using blue leds and red and green phosphors scattered in the screen to create a better white. Light bleed is noticeable but isn't something that apple "solved". It's just amazon didn't care to increase the price of their tablet to counteract it.
18. chocowii (Posts: 412; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Another excuse for keeping ceiling high prices for low-quality phones.
25. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Yeah, just imagine how much a 4.7 inch iPhone will cost if the current 4 inch 5S already costs as much as the 5 inch flagship android smartphones from LG, Samsung, HTC, etc.
26. Be_Jeal0us (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
I believe they will remain the same retail price as current models as they always have. Even when Apple went from 3.5" to 4" they didn't raise the price point just because of a size increase. Also don't compare Apple's pricing to Samsung and other manufacturers.They have a completely different business outline than other manufacturers. Apple has physical stores with people who speak English. I can't emphasize that enough. I've had to call Samsung Customer Service (God knows how many times, as I work in the wireless industry, and let's face it, customers a lazy) and I have YET been able to get someone without an accent that makes it difficult to understand them. Also make sure you realize the build quality that goes into Apple products.