Sony's nondescript MWC 2016 invite points to a February 22nd event
1. donrox (Posts: 121; Member since: 18 Jul 2014)
given the lack of leaks of new hardware, i doubt they will be announcing any new mobile devices
10. Tsais (Posts: 26; Member since: 16 Jun 2009)
Short of a Z5 Ultra or the Z6 range,
I could do with some new full frame cameras that fix the severe AF weakness of the current A7 series...
A7S III (extremely improved AF)
A7 III (much improved AF)
A7R III (improved AF)
RX100 V (with faster processor)
a6100 (with IBIS)
a7000 (what will it be? return of a diminutive Nex7?)
gogogo, Sony, we don't have time, the banksters are working on ww3
14. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Can u give me a link if there's upcoming rx100 mark V this year?
2. xperiaZlover (Posts: 179; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
I want to see the xperia Z6 ultra , Xperia M6 with sd650 and Xperia E6 with SD 616 /mtk6732.
Please Sony no mtk devices please.since no way of making a custom rom for Sony mtk devices.
Good excellent design with no heating problems.OTG support. Good display. And Android marshmallow powered.
I am waiting for M6.
3. surethom (Posts: 589; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Nondescript invite, sounds like there Nondescript phone design.
4. vuyonc (Posts: 982; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Z6 Ultra with local dimming backlights in the display to line up with their new HDR TVs would be awesome.
6. hado86 (Posts: 69; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
I don't get Sony! They're still a Titan in the industry so why is there no Sony nexus to help boost sales in the states?
12. Tsais (Posts: 26; Member since: 16 Jun 2009)
Because Sony is not willing to put up with Google's condition to make all Nexus phones without Micro SD card slot, to force people into Google's cloud?
Not sure if a Nexus device would help Sony, maybe it would, but I certainly wouldn't buy one.
9. Tsais (Posts: 26; Member since: 16 Jun 2009)
Note how odd number Z's (Z1, Z3 and Z5 have been announced at IFA, while at least one even number Z, the Z2 has been shown at MWC...
My guess is for either the Z6 range, or else,
if Sony dropped the 6 months release schedule,
they may show a Z5 Ultra (hopefully with a lot less bezel than previous Ultras)