Siri loses beta tag on September 18th
Apple has updated its website and has replaced the picture on its Siri page. The image on the page now shows the fourth-gen iPad next to the Apple iPhone 5s where previously the Apple iPhone 5 was in the picture. Apple says that Siri now "understands what you say, knows what you mean, and even talks back."
Siri will now search in Twitter and Wikipedia, and web search results from Bing. Siri now can answer you as a female or male, in English, French, or German. In addition, Siri has been boning up on sports knowledge and can also make restaurant reservations as well as learn how to pronounce a new name. And in iOS 7, Siri can post to Facebook or Twitter and even open certain apps.
Siri to lose beta tag
1. Sniggly (Posts: 6774; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And it still isn't as good as Google Now. :)
6. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Yeah, which is why he used the word "still" lol...
14. Sniggly (Posts: 6774; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
After Siri, Google Now was *introduced to the world.*
It was a secret project that had been in development for years prior to Apple *buying* Siri (and promptly nerfing it, as pointed out by Wozniak.)
5. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Happy to hear that iMaps is finally out of beta... Oh wait a minute, it's me, Siri... Oh Boy... I'm no longer in Beta now... Do you think i'm pretty?
8. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Siri is more conversational google now is the NSA spy
2. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Person - which is the best smartphone right now?
Siri - nokia Lumia 1020 is the OH SORRY its the new iPhone 5s ! lmao at apple
u hope u got it right this time
3. bucky (Posts: 1341; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I don't quite think Siri can really beat google now but i quite like it. I spend alot of my day moving around and using headphones. It can read my messages/emails without taking the phone out of my pocket.
7. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Google Now is a lot more useful. You don't even need to say anything and it already pulls up all the info you need.
21. Lift_Off (Posts: 151; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Thats a huge part. It doesn't feel like part of the phone like iMessage does. it feels like another app, and it's hard to figure out contacts and google+ integration when it really should try to make group messaging and messages over wifi easier.
17. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1149; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
So now we can officially make fun of Siri.
19. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Just surprised it took this long, especially from a company that "never introduces unfinished products."
20. carlosquiroz (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Google now does nothing when I go like "I'm hungry" or "call my wife". It'll just search the internet for anything I say to it. Siri is way better than that P.O.S.
22. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1570; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Because SiRi was made for the lower intelligence such as yourself
23. carlosquiroz (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
shut up troll.
It's called saving time searching for places where to eat or dialing people.
What's the point of having google now if it won't do anything? Then... again... why is it better? Because it does nothing?
go home troll, you are drunk!