Side view of the LG G2 leaks
The sequel to the LG Optimus G, the LG G2 follows the Korean manufacturer's new naming guidelines. The "Optimus" name is no longer used for high-end models and is now reserved for low to mid-range handsets. The device is expected to offer a 5.2 inch 1080 x 1920 resolution display with a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 under the hood. LG said that all of its high end "G" series devices will be powered by this chip. The Adreno 330 GPU handles graphics and the rear-facing camera weighs in at 13MP.
LG is supposed to be launching the LG G2 in Korea this month even though it won't officially be unveiled until August 7th during LG's international media event.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. AnTuTu (Posts: 976; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
So the competition is between
Note 3, Sony Z Ultra, LG G2 and Moto Ultra in the another half. Exciting time :)
21. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Put a good camera and audio chip LG or else you're dead.
23. abdane (Posts: 478; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
the real competition is only between the HTC T6, Note 3, Sony Z Ultra
25. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How can you say that....the optimus g pro is fricking awesome and the moto x looks epic swell honestly that was a dumb comment
38. Potao.rises (banned) (Posts: 29; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
Because there will be a war between Phablets.. Moto X and G2 are/will not be phablets.
Sorry for poor grammar.
2. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
just hope lg can make a comeback from this.orelse theyre gonna RIP
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 932; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I highly doubt that. Even if LG produces phones that are not the best sellers of the year, they still aren't going to just go away. It's not the same situation as, say, Nokia where the company only produces phones. LG makes tons of other products ranging from televisions to appliances that sell quite well. They have enough money on hand to take more than a few hits in the smartphone department. I believe they can make a turn around similarly to how Sony made a turn around in the past year.
7. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
they should work towards making best phones out there.we wont need oem that say "i can take a couple of hits,i make profit from other appliances i make".STFU pls
13. Dr.Phil (Posts: 932; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
You seem angry while I was merely saying that you're comment that LG is going to "rest in peace" if they didn't produce a good product was incorrect. I then went on to say that I believed they would produce a good enough product to make a comeback, so I'm not sure why you are argumentative in your response unless you want them to fail.
16. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
ok here you go,
theyre not gonna rip,also theyre not gonna make profits in smartphones if they continue in same pace
18. kucing (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
so sammy or htc fanboy i assume? LG will not likely to go down only because somewhat "fail" in the mobile business, they are way from what you so call "RIP", your post are clearly grade ur lack of knowledge in the mobile space and in general business, which is in the grade of below retarded, also liking your own post is somewhat mega below retarded. tehehehe...
20. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
stop bashing people.come up with tech related topics.this is a tech site.instead of saying i have lack of knowledge,fill me up or STFU and GTFO
29. kucing (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
why would i fill you up if you don't understand tech and mobile space? saying STFU and GTFO is likely showing your defensive moves because the lack of knowledge in this matter. i reminds you liking your own post is some what showing your shrimp brain. :D
30. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
read my whole comment not just the ones in caps
22. Dr.Phil (Posts: 932; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Except the fact that LG saw profits surge in Q1 of this year. The profits from their Optimus G and Optimus G Pro line were both good enough to make bank. It also helps that HTC and Nokia have lacked in their respective device sales.
So, I would say that if LG continues on the path they are going on then they should retain steady growth for the rest of the year. I believe the only area they really need to work on is software and marketing.
24. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
nokia lacked in sales?check your sources!
26. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Compared the LGs smartphone sales Nokia was a mere dot in the distance....and why are you so anti LG.....they make great devices!
33. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
nokia sales were tad more than half of lg sales
28. Dr.Phil (Posts: 932; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I did check my sources, did you?
According to this, Nokia is still operating in the red. While they are selling devices, they aren't selling enough to make an actual clean profit in the end.
Also, don't ever challenge me on the facts. I never post information that you wouldn't be able to find from a reputable source.
32. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
last time checked,nokia increased sales 27%qoq in q1 and same or more in q2
4. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Seriously Samsung LG and Apple plz make a better looking design not the same boring concept you wanna innovate than innovate a design. You got the brain but no beauty
11. HAWKS71 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
Seriously, stop whining aboubt smartphone design. What the heck do you want? A rainbow coloured phone that is in rainbow shape?
12. barondebxl (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
You must be a phag. We're talking about smartphones and first thin that pops up in your mind is design...Not battery life, not call quality, not display but design. FOH.
36. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
No you phag it's not the first thing if you look at my last words is you got the brain meaning software on phone is great what they are putting under the hood is getting better and better and battery life will get better. And if they put a 5600mh battery on it fcc won't approve it right now for a smartphone... I'm saying add some beauty to it.. Hope you understand phag
37. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I'm not text person what does FOH mean.. There some Phag that's will go so more for design
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Sounds like lg is bringing a real beast here
31. kucing (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
but you said RIP to LG, but now you support the handset to become a real beast. are you even awake shrimp?
34. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
hope u r not drunk.atleast scroll up and read my comment fully!
15. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
hopefully it makes some noise in the android community over on xda and gets some good developers that pick it up and do some nice things with it. the optimus g was slow to get aosp. it didnt get it until lg brought out the 4.1.2 update. that was months later.
14. Taters (Posts: 3600; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It looks quite nice but I was always a big fan of their designs.
19. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
koreans are never good at design
27. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
If this phone has a great camera, it's my next phone.