Screen shots of Google Music Store leak ahead of Wednesday unveiling?
There have also been rumors that Google would soon be launching a music store. Both of these rumors are getting a boost from screen captures posted by Spanish-language blog TechnoDroidVe. While not impossible to fake, the screen shots are consistent with current Google design, and the site appears confident in their source. If the images are legitimate they provide several new pieces of information about the Google Music Store.
The store will apparently have a “Free Song of the Day” section, where users will be able to download a featured song free of charge. The store also appears to leverage Google’s search expertise, providing a Genius-like list of recommendations of artists based on the music you’ve searched or previously downloaded.
The store is apparently still a work in progress, becoming more polished with each update, but this early glimpse looks pretty solid. Anyone else looking forward to Wednesday’s announcement?
source: TechnoDroidVe via BGR
1. Alantef (Posts: 284; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
this will be VERY interesting to see what Google does with this....i NEVER buy music but still i wanna see what happens with this
7. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
You do realize that there are music services such as MOG, Rhapsody, Spotify, and so on dont you?
8. Alantef (Posts: 284; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
I was going to say that exactly....but you have to realize that taco is a flipping idiot
12. terabyteRouser (Posts: 416; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Is your iPhone's glass still cracked?
13. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
do you have proof of this taco? otherwise its a flame baited troll.
2. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Let's hope it is better than the Google Music android app and cloud music manager that is painful alpha code at best. Simply terrible implementation of a good concept.
4. terabyteRouser (Posts: 416; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Spot on, the Google Music app was pretty shoddy.
5. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I've seen calculators with better programming than that travesty they call a music app.
14. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you have seen the completly unreleased google music app that lets you buy music?? wow miz, you must be a huuuuuuge google insider..
oh wait.. your just trolling.
20. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Oh Snapamundo!!!, u forgot to actually read what you were replying too. .. Mounon.....
Get a job.
10. SuperEd (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Wow...looks very much like the Driod ecosystem. Disjointed and a mess!
11. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
it will surely be something good
15. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
meh. unless they let you buy and DL the music completely DRM free so i can always use it no matter what, not interested.
21. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Everyone gives you music drm free. iTunes gives you your music from free.
23. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you have to pay extra for DRM free on itunes.. which is a rip-off. i want 1 price, DRM free all the time. and no, very few music services give you music DRM free.
rhapsody and zune erases all the music you download from that "unlimited music downloads for 15 a month" deal once you cancel your subscription.
most are either like that, or like itunes where its DRM'ed like crazy unless you pay extra
if you buy it straight from the music company or band a lot of time its DRM free but most people dont do that.
24. Trainer (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
FYI, Zune gives you 10 free downloads a month DRM free, yours to keep forever. I used to use it. It is the best deal around. So, you are right that you don't keep all of the unlimited music, but no one does that because they'd lose crazy money.
I can't wait to see what Google offers!
16. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I notice that T-mobile is also hosting the event. Live music too.
My guess is.....Maybe HTC announcing another Beats audio phone or some sort of special edition of their phones with Google Music already in it.
Kinda like, when the MyTouch came out with the Fender edition and Eric Clapton playing some tunes.
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5374; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
At the Top! Why it says market? if you check the android market books say books and movies say movies, so why music says market?
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6376; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Cant wait till they release it.