Samsung won't launch the Galaxy S7 in the second half of this year
1. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
I thought it was pretty obvious that this was fake?
5. waddup121 (unregistered)
No sh*t PA! Why would an S7 come out in the SAME year as its predecessor? Not to mention the Note 5. If this actually happened...Samsung done f*ked up BIIIIG TIME.
32. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8345; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Well Samsung could release the S7 and just tell everyone who owns an S6 to come and trade up at no cost.
After all, Apple release the iPad 2 and than 6 months later released the 3 and it sold like hotcakes which si why they got stuck with all that old hardware which they shoved into the iPhone 5C and iPad Mini.
13. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I think that article was only published to collect more clicks just like this one :p
3. Tajiseo (Posts: 45; Member since: 03 Mar 2015)
yup and as always we see people get swayed by those troll articles
4. AlbertAribe (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
The only threat for Samsung is their product and other android cheap phone. It's not an excuse about Apple iPhone because Apple iPhone only released 2 phones in a year ( 5S/5C and 6/6+ )
My Note 4 still running f*cking KitKat. Planning to sell it and save the money and keep my iPhone 6.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 19737; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Isn't lollipop available for it already?
15. tedkord (Posts: 10233; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, which means he probably doesn't have a Note 4.
23. AlbertAribe (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
WTF? Did you see on my profile picture that I'm using iPhone 6 and Note 4.
Maybe you don't have and you keep on trolling, lmao.
34. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8345; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Ok if you have a Note 4, what carrier is it on?
So we can Google and show you how recent the 5.01 update has been available for it.
You can put anything on the internet, that doesn't make it true...right?
36. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8345; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I just checked his profile, it says he lives in the Middle East. They haven't been updated yet. SamMobile still shows pending for the Middle East. So he could be actually telling the truth, if he doesn't live in the USA.
33. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8345; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
EXACTLY. Verzion is always one of the last to update and I recall I updated mine and my wife's Note for at least a couple months ago.
Yeah obviously he doesn't own one.
19. Dude2014 (Posts: 435; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Kit Kat??? Really?? Please tell me at least you know how to update your phone.
24. AlbertAribe (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)
Do you want to see that my Note 4 still running KitKat. Send your email and I will screenshot and send to you, damnazz.....
35. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8345; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
So you don't know how to update your phone?
SamMobile announced 3 weeks earlier.
I believe all 4 major US carriers had 5.01 on the Note 4 by the end of April.
22. jackto (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
note 4 still running kit kat ?
i guess the lolipop i have in my note 3 is fake.
6. jmill75 (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
Silly rumor. Unbelievable that it was actually reported like it was going to happen.
Sometimes I really have to question the sites integrity.
7. miket1737 (Posts: 2366; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
PA just wants morr clicks, last Samsung article on possible S7 coming out this year is just complete assinine and a joke. Pure clickbait
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 19737; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No need to, the s6 is a beast and is doing quite well. Bring out that rumored s6 edge plus, and I'll sell my edge for it.
10. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
From what I'm witnessing now with my s6 edge I'm definitely buying the note 5. I mean I don't want to sound biased but I currently own both the 6 plus and s6 edge. Touchwiz is just much more fun and beautiful to use now. The animations and colors are just lively. iOS is boring compared to touchwiz and there is absolutely no lag on the s6 edge. For anyone to appreciate how far android has come they need to own both devices. When you have them side by side then you will understand that Apple is the one playing catchup now. The camera on the s6 edge is just amazing. I don't remember using my 6 plus to take pictures anymore. All my friends are blown away from the camera performance. Now they want an s6 edge.
11. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 213; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Well duhh there not going to launch another Galaxy when the 6aint even a year old
12. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
In 2016 the S7 should be the same release date as the Note 6 though. It just makes more sense in a marketing perspective for it to remain hot going into the Holiday shopping season and finish the year strong.
Although, the Note series is meant to do just that, it's just too big for a huge majority.
If Samsung's first half technology is that crazy, imagine their second half technology in a smaller form than the Note series.
In some rare cases, like the GS2 and possibly the GS6, they might just sweep the entire year in terms of quality and performance but that's not the norm and usually a Nexus, Sony, or LG device with a second half level processor comes in and takes the momentum in Android land. With a second half release, it'll win every year guaranteed.
16. ithotarachi (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 May 2015)
Most likely that will be the case this year. The s6/ edge have way faster processers than the competition right now. The snapdragon 820 wont even be ready until next year.
17. tedkord (Posts: 10233; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
We've been hearing this rumor the last couple of Galaxy iterations, always with the reasoning that Samsung is so scared of Apple. Then, it winds up being BS, the phones release at the same time they always do.
18. legiloca (Posts: 1205; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
Samsung pulling a Sony strategy would likely end up like Sony, not unless if the specs are 2 to 3 times better than the 1st half flagship, unlike Sony who just add some and remove some then release, result? very low sales
20. kevin91202 (Posts: 518; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
"...a source from within Samsung has put paid to the rumors.." -Ben R. (PA)
Paid to the rumors? Huh? Is that Bulgarian slang?
This website tries very hard to be American, but every once in a while (more like every other article), you get this.
21. javy108 (Posts: 1004; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
It was pretty obvious that Sammy wont release S7 this year, kmon.
25. Virage (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 May 2015)
Samsung S6x with a Micro SD card and larger battery. Updated. A S7 can wait. As for the Note 5, it will set the pace for the other Galaxies.
26. Virage (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 May 2015)
Samsung S6x with a Micro SD card and larger battery. Updated. A S7 can wait. As for the Note 5, it will set the pace for the other Galaxies. Were Apple really kicks but is Marketing, and keeping the Apple tech Life style brand. But anyways, each to their own.
27. rubyonrails3 (Posts: 246; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
What's most interesting in upcoming mobiles is USB Type-C. and I hope Samsung don't do like Nokia, they put Type-C just as port which is operating as USB 2. no fast charging no quick data transfer or any other Type-C features. Note 4 was great but I don't expect radical departure from note 4. if it comes with 4K, USB Type C which supports video streaming to 4K, USB 3.1 and Fast charging then it will be really interesting package. USB 3.1 and UHF 2.0 wow that would make it hell of fast device to transfer data ;)
28. gaming64 (unregistered)
Another day, another clickbait. PhoneArena going Samsung and Apple exclusive. C'mon review some phones! Find better news! Don't trust moronic sources!JEEZ
29. 99nights (Posts: 1152; Member since: 10 Mar 2015)
Well what a suprise, any numbnut with a brain would know better.
30. tokuzumi (Posts: 929; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Did someone actually think the S7 was being released this year?
31. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8345; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Hey PA, I have a suggestion for an opinion poll. Let's ask everyone to vote for if Samsung should change the Galaxy S/Note release cycle to match the iPhone.