Samsung announces energy-saving Green LCD display, Youm flexible OLED panels at CES
Youm flexible displays by Samsung
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
They must think of new device class for this screen. I think SS will not use this for GS4.
9. emes360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
calling samsung ss is kinda wierd.. some of you will know why
12. Dr.Phil (Posts: 924; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
If you are referring to German history, then I understand what you are saying. However, if you are referring to something else then I have no clue.
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
the note 3 will be a perfect candidate though and this will truly expand the Note experience :)
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think if they can fold the phone and open it like a notebook then this will be big as you can double or triple... the screen size for a small phone size.
Currently they just can't do that yet.
19. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
That sort of is true, but won't it make holding the phone a bit more uncomfortable? Obviously I never did hold one but shouldn't the phone be curved downwards instead of upwards? I'm sure the engineers will come up with a brilliant solution until then though, but as far as the prototype is concerned, holding it will be rather difficult.
20. MeoCao (unregistered)
Not really, it's like a clamshell phone. And when the screen is so thin we can always have a 2nd small screen for quick use.
21. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
they have already state it wont be in the gs4
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I really like that seeing on the device that looks like an S3... Who knows.... Maybe turns into an S4 with a bit of development
10. easymomo (Posts: 90; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Too many good news are coming from CES, but where is Apple ???
Wait, no Apple, that's a good news too ...
5. SellPhones82 (Posts: 557; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
The Galaxy S Note Tab...coming to a pocket near you in mid-2014! Man, if I can get this along with the Exynos 5 I'd be set till they release something better!
6. phljcnth (Posts: 287; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
That phone-turning-into-tablet concept is so cool!
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The phone is turning into a tablet. This is the only way we'll expand beyond 7 inches and call it a hybrid device unlike that massive thing, the Ascend Mate and the rumoured Note 3 at 6.3 inches.
7. scsa852k (Posts: 300; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Wow.. tablet or note folded in half??!!!
It's too good to be true!!
11. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
this will bring a new wave of devices.
13. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
samsung chips and displays ....keeps on getting better as apple trys to take from everyone not making anything great
16. JGuinan007 (Posts: 634; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Don't think we'll see this for a few more years in an accual device
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1657; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
S5 will have it for sure ...who knows there is chance for s4 too...
22. swapnilaxn (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
Are they going to make Battery flexible too?????............ i think with such screens we have to get a Battery dock as well :)
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6675; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Patent this before apple steals it samsung. Ill wait for this. thing over the gs IV
26. CMonster (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Is there any info on the phone that the guy in the pictures actually had (not the fake phones in the commercial), other than that it is a prototype?