Sample pictures and video from the 5MP camera in the Samsung Galaxy Nexus emerge
1. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I don't know... The camera is not looking too good imo, anyone else agree? I think some of the shots, as well as the video sample, look fuzzy...
7. nastynaps (Posts: 93; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Definitely agree on that, look at that fire extinguisher, awful. I can only hope that it's the fault of the user perhaps. The video on the other hand looks pretty damn good.
11. paynekiller (Posts: 139; Member since: 24 May 2010)
That's what I'm thinking, it's like the picture taker just pointed and shot without bothering to focus. I'd like to see someone else take the pics.
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
is it me or does it have the slightest yellow tint while looking at white objects?
19. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Well, in the first picture, there is an obvious yellow light, in the 2nd picture, and the fire extinguisher one, I see a light reddish tint, do you see it? I don't see a yellow tint though, sorry, I don't have great eyes...
2. Mehha (Posts: 26; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Total disaster from google... left disappointed :(
4. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Not exactly a total disaster, the other specs are really nice on the bright-side.
18. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
yes but no camera? I would not get this phone. Right now the Phone to get if you are not ready for an iPhone is the RAZR
20. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Lol: "if you are not ready for an iPhone" the majority of the world uses android because they prefer it rather than iOS, not to get ready for it, anyways, I totally agree with you, I would much rather have the droid RAZR.
23. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I don't know, I feel completely underwhelmed by the specs. I was really hoping for a better GPU but I understand why they went with TI Omap and it isn't a bad choice. Also I would have loved to see bluetooth 4.0 in there, just to match the iPhone and push the low power bluetooth stuff to market faster.
24. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
On the contrary, Google shined - ICS is amazing! Samsung dropped the ball on some specs, but I'll reserve judgement for now. These pics don't prove anything, and with ICS' ability to capture time lapse video, edit photos, quickly snap multiple photos, and all the other great improvements (hardware acceleration, android beam, revamped multi-tasking and notifications), there is no way I'm not getting this phone. I'll be the first to admit it's best selling point is ICS, and I'm perfectly happy with that!
3. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
yea but the hd screen is nice... although we do not know if the 4.65 size drains the battery...
5. cheetah2k (Posts: 1521; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
I'm so surprised Google didn't opt for 8MP camera specs. The cam in the SGSII is just perfect IMO
6. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I dont see why samsung didnt put the same camera capabilities as the SGS2.... what a let down... youd expect something that has high connections with social networking could at least have an outstanding spec and result... i dont think im going for this phone, it will probably be another dissapointment like the evo 3d's 5mp camera...
10. paynekiller (Posts: 139; Member since: 24 May 2010)
*dual 5mp cameras. The EVO 3D has 3 cameras, you wanted 2 8MP plus a 2MP FFC?
13. itsius1 (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
dual? only one lense is used for 2d mode. and in 3d mode the resolution that it took is down to 2mps.
8. parthpatels007 (Posts: 54; Member since: 27 May 2011)
video stablilisation doesn't seem to work perfectly :( & i think video doesn't make use of the wide angle lens.
9. paynekiller (Posts: 139; Member since: 24 May 2010)
I don't know if these pictures were even taken properly, some of them arent even in focus. I need to see pictures from another source.
12. xenover (Posts: 174; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Not a particular camera-phone but ICS and other specs seems good enough.
14. nkirubakaran (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
In all these pictures pink spot is seen in the white background as like samsung galaxy s2.
15. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1232; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Idk they look okay right? Some pictures suck but i would blame the guy taking them. And why are ya'll being so picky? Nobody uses or should use their phone to be a photographer so what does it matter? Still the currently best phone.
22. Cyd07 (Posts: 83; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Not convinced. Not an only photo is good in my opinion.
But the weather seems to be really cloudy. Photo of the exterior seem a little better than others. So wait & see.
25. DR2703 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
This camera is not good. As simple as that. Razr it is.
26. SpyDoorMan (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
c'mon! who took those pictures?? they're pretty bad..especially the fire extinguisher
27. blackrose (Posts: 48; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Really they got these from engadget. And they were in ruch checking out the zero shutter lag that's why they look so bad failed to mention that phonearena. Trying to make the camera look bad
28. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
WTF!! Again??! Nexus phones never get the right cam treatment! I was expecting much better from Sammy n Google coz i was thinking of replacing my N8 with the Prime..but alas there is no way now that I would do it!..not when I have the awesomeness of my N8's camera!!!!
29. Bethistopheles (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
Why is everyone so upset about a 5MP camera? Do you seriously buy the phone for taking professional images? Or are you taking it for memories and to share hilarious (or embarrassing!) crap with friends? If you're using it for professional images, maybe your biggest problem isn't the phone..... If you're using it for fun, well then....get over it. 5MP is fine.
If you want to take great photos, *buy a camera*. I don't see what the point is in having a huge MP count when it's not even a proper camera lens (optical zoom, anyone?). I think people really need to get over it having 5MP. The photos look like user error and the video shot with it looked great. Of course, to really know we'll have to see it for ourselves and try it in-store.
You people are making mountains out of mole hills :p
Now, time to go back to finding a way to freeze myself for several weeks and then unfreeze myself when this phone is released.... on Verizon
Oh please dear god let it be Verizon, haha.