Ouya is $99 game console built on Android
Hacking the Ouya is actually part of the whole idea, it’s actually build around the idea to be a developer kit, which you can use to root and build peripherals.
Android is the embedded OS, so we expect that developers will not only build games for the console, but can also easily leverage games from the Android platform. Interestingly, after you get the console all games are expected to be free. You just hook it up to your TV and play.
This is definitely one of the most interesting TV boxes we’ve seen in a while, so we’ll be keeping a close eye on this. In the meantime let us know, how do you like the idea?
source: AngelList via TheVerge
Ouya is a $99 Android game console Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
2. nyuvo posted on 03 Jul 2012, 02:52 2 0
Looks just like xbox360 dashboard before its latest visual update hah.
6. Non_Sequitur posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:54 0 0
OMG yes. This should be a kickstarter project.
7. Gsmalltheway posted on 03 Jul 2012, 08:19 0 0
Wow, this is actually a really good concept. But you can buy a good condition used 360 on Craigslist for 100 bucks
8. fraydoe posted on 03 Jul 2012, 09:11 0 1
this would not sell at all for the following reasons
1. *hey lets make a gaming console where you can freely hack anything* = its called a computer, or you can even hack the other gaming consoles
2. *but those systems are not open to freely hack* = im pretty sure if you can root and build peripherals you can figure out how to hack into a computer game or other console
3. *but its cheaper than those other systems* = as gsmalltheway said there are used consoles for the same price, and if your argument is that they cant play the android games, just get a cable to hook up your android phone to your tv.
9. downphoenix posted on 03 Jul 2012, 11:56 0 0
This would be a good box to have some good ol' emulation on the TV.
10. beillax posted on 03 Jul 2012, 16:11 0 0
Wow I could actually see this happening in the near future and I could also see Apple make a game console as well.