Oppo teaser says Oppo Find 7 is better than the Samsung Galaxy S5
The Chinese manufacturer is actually saying that the Oppo Find 7 will be greater than the Samsung Galaxy S5. It would seem from benchmark tests that the 1440 x 2560 resolution (QHD) model of the phone will be packed with the same Snapdragon 801 that is powering Samsung's new flagship. Meanwhile, there is also going to be a 1080 x 1920 FHD version of the Oppo Find 7, which has already received Tenaa certification. That is similar to FCC certification in the U.S.
Oppo also released some other images confirming that those with the Find 7 will indeed find a microSD slot on the phone. In addition, it would appear that a special tool will come with the phone to help open the back cover.
While 7 is indeed greater than 5 numerically, will the Oppo Find 7 be a greater handset than the Samsung Galaxy S5? That is something we will have to revisit later. What you can do now, is check out Oppo's images in the slideshow below.
Oppo says its Find 7 is better than the Samsung Galaxy S
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Oppo (translated) via GforGames
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Better have a monster battery to push that many pixels.
2. PunyPoop (Posts: 718; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I congratulate you Smurf! LOL.. You even bothered to make a war with Oppo.
11. silencer271 (Posts: 185; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
What more do you expect from an old smurf? They war on anything they dont understand. Probably wakes up in the middle of the night screaming "AH SAMSUNG" and after a few minutes realizes where he is and goes back to sleep as he cuddles up next to smurfette.
14. hboy857 (Posts: 192; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
66. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
at this point anything is better than samsung
12. androiphone20 (Posts: 1451; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
tbh, I'm creeped out. Maybe the bloke should consider seeing a doctor or something.
36. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
He's not making a war he's 100% correct, it will need a bigger battery, and Oppo will definitely deliver, he probably just doesn't follow the company, which is fine because it isn't very mainstream.
The comment was just as logical as pretty much everything else he said about the S5 that you rabid, mindless spec-addicts bashed him for.
10. jcdz89 (Posts: 65; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Well these days its difficult to take sammy's side dude..
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Notice how I'm not even going to entertain the trolls above you.
I'm using my money that I've worked for to buy the S5. Judge me all you want, I just don't care. I'm the one buying the device, not them. I'm not going to even act immature and irrational just for likes. This site has proved how bad it really is.
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I don't see what was so funny about your first comment. If it's going to have QHD display, I agree, it better have the battery power to push it.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Neither do I. I'm not even going to reply to such comments anymore and waste my time. A phone pushing that many pixels strains the battery and uses the processor much more than a 1080p display would, so a larger battery is definitely needed.
24. PunyPoop (Posts: 718; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL LOL LOL! Say that to yourself Smurf, you know how many times you degrade almost all OEM's? Almost every news here in PA about HTC, LG, SONY, NOKIA, and the list goes on, you haven't said anything right :D We don't care about your money Smurf, you can take it! You're a Med student Smurf, you should know better.
25. techspace (Posts: 669; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
you are right when you say that its your money and you have the right to get the device that you like...but that doesn't mean that you should fight for the galaxy s5 in every page...because people also have the right to prefer other devices to the s5, its their personal choice
.............so if you want try hard to tell how good the s5 is again and again and again, people will find you really annoying.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Like I as said, I don't care.
EDIT: Same thing should be applied to everyone else, should it not?
44. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Exactly buy what we want. Some people I don't get, they dont buy a phone so they go on a trolling spree about the phone. If you don't like a phone fine, so why get bothered by when someone else likes it.
29. techspace (Posts: 669; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
and its also unnecessary, they will run a lot of ads
21. bodzio1809 (Posts: 67; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
A little time ago you were excited about possibly QHD screen on S5. So hypocrite :)
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I was when the rumors started, but stopped a month ago if it was going to strain the battery and processor and the difference is small, what's the use? It isn't needed. Hopefully HTC doesn't put a QHD display on the M8.
33. bodzio1809 (Posts: 67; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I think in the same way. QHD in screen less than let's say 7' is a gimmick in my opinion. I am looking forward to see what HTC will show us. I hope that they will get rid of this logo on the front of device from previous leaks. Also I am waiting to see premium version of S5. Let's hope they won't disapoint again.
34. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Supposedly it will have a 4000 mAH battery. It has been confirmed to be removable as well... This thing will dwarf the S5 and the Z2.
37. Astoni (Posts: 511; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Sadly it will have QHD, if it has 4000Mah with current high-end specs and an even better camera with 1080p screen it will Dwatf s5 and z2. but with QHD it will not.
49. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I'm assuming you're talking about battery life, which is what I'm talking about.
The closest thing to what this will be is the Tab PRO 8.4, which is the closest to what the Find 7 will be spec-wise. It has an 8.4 inch display where the Find 7 will have a 5.5 inch display, (Tab PRO has an additional 19 in² of display, thanks Wolfram.) the Tab PRO 8.4 is also pushing about 400k more pixels than the Find 7. It has a 4800mAH battery and is said to easily last a day where the Find 7 will have a 4000 mAH battery, Oppo supposedly optimizes battery life pretty well so that will help. The Find 7 will have close to, or better battery life than the Tab PRO, which is probably equal to the Z2's battery life and better than the S5's.
This is all theoretical stuff but it certainly won't be lagging behind, I guess we'll see if it really dwarfs the two when it comes out.
45. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
It's also about optimisation, the S4 had better battery life than the z1 for example even though z1 had 400mah more. Example the s4 can play 9 hours of videos vs the z1 5 hours I think.
46. Astoni (Posts: 511; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I'm not a fan of my z1, but it outpreforms S4 in terms of battery now. latest update actually fixed my battery problem. Now it needs a SERIOUS software update for the Camera...
50. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Sony and cameras I will never get, they make the best cameras and actually make sensors for like iPhones and the s4 but whatever reason others using Sony sensor taken better pic than Sony devices themselves.
59. Astoni (Posts: 511; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I know taz :p. The need to learn how to optimize camera software atleast..
51. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Optimization which Oppo has been known to do.
55. Ashoaib (Posts: 2111; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Smurf doesnt bother but he is always found commenting in tons... he always say he dont bother, dont care, dont da da di di du du... but he keep commenting... lolz... should I call him a "Troll"?
58. AnTuTu (Posts: 815; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I have to agree that Sammy will loose its ground if it doesn't start making phones of different design.
Though I am a huge Samsung fan but have to agree that I am quite disappointed with S5 and have to pass this time.
Not to forget Oppo does make great phones which are better than Samsung in quality wise and no wonder their 7 > S5.
63. fireblade (Posts: 700; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
I know you get cash from Samsung. Give us a little
64. fireblade (Posts: 700; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Crazy Samsung fanboy defends his favorite brand with his life eventhough he is not paid by Samsung. LMAO!!!
70. astroparthi (Posts: 24; Member since: 19 Nov 2009)
small correction... apple is better than samsung in many ways... :)
72. Ashoaib (Posts: 2111; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
You said the opposite... correction is required
3. UglyFrank (Posts: 398; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
With almost 1.8 times the amount pixels, the performance can't be better
4. FoneAddict (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If it has a BEASTLY 4000mAh battery this will likely be my next phone.
5. newbey123 (Posts: 413; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Even if its true, that's not really saying much.
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Can't wait for their announcement event in 798!
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1402; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
IMO the Find 5 (even with it's flaws) is one of the best devices ever made, so if Find 7 is even better, it will be utterly fantastic.
8. Zenzui (Posts: 73; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
It is sad to see a great phone which would not set foot on US...
54. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
It will, just not immediately, and not on carriers unfortunately.
60. Zenzui (Posts: 73; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
The last OPO has no LTE as I believe. Even it will work on our US carriers, non LTE is a deal breaker since we are paying that service of that speed regardless we used or not.
61. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Oppo already confirmed that the Find 7 is going to have LTE.
9. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Oppo phone's are one of the best out there in build quality, find 5 was really very good device, and their color rom is also very cool...... So have high expectations from this phone, hope Oppo doesn't disappoint us like Samsung.......
35. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 370; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Oppo hasn't disappointed yet.
15. NoFanboy (Posts: 222; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Everyone's kicking samsung when they're down. I love it.
40. tech2 (Posts: 2073; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Its easier to kick'em when they are down isn't it ?
P.S.: I can't stop saying everything you write in heavy and stern voice like Walter White XD
23. freebee269 (Posts: 523; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I'm betting most 2014 flagship's from this point forward will be able to say this.
2014 flagship > S
28. Astoni (Posts: 511; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Would be fun if the Galaxy s5 prime rumours were true and even samsung would say Prime > s5 xD
But freebee, sound like some true Sh*t the part about what you said :p
The s5 is an okay phone overall but they had way to big expectations on them this year..
32. freebee269 (Posts: 523; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I was hoping the rumors about the prime were true also. Like an active and premium device. Was disappointed when it didn't get unveiled.
38. Astoni (Posts: 511; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Beens posts around that samsung may unviel at a later date (may) hopefully its true.
39. JMartin22 (Posts: 1093; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Everything about these white box Chinese manufactures is almost guaranteed to be faulty. The display may end up looking bad and extremely inefficient, the battery life is probably going to be terrible, comparatively speaking. And the software and other hardware offering qualities are not going to be up to par