Nokia Lumia 1520 camera app screenshot reveals there might be new PureView tech inside
1. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
nothing new tech
actually the camera will be 20 mp not 41 mp
so its 5+16 rather than 5+38
11. papss (unregistered)
And still better than the z1 camera I\'m sure
3. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Definitely my next phone! Finally some b*tchin specs, large, great display, awesome camera and hopefully quad core, and yes Quad core is more than enough for Windows Phone, sorry lagdroid needs so much.
9. tech2 (Posts: 2980; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You guys even said dual core is enough ! Now just because your overlord is waking up to 2013 and supporting quad core, microSD (maybe) and full HD after 3/4 of the year is passed that doesn't mean its anything revolutionary or ground breaking.
Android demands more because they offer more.
12. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
True, but I think it demands a little too much because of the OS's shifty build, that's all I can say. Hey, I know dual core is enough, but who wouldn't not decline a quad core phone?
13. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
What more does android offer over WinPho or iOS? I\\\'m sorry bro, but changing themes doesn\'t require octa-cores.
17. tech2 (Posts: 2980; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1. Gets your fact right, all 8-cores don\\\\\\\'t run at the same time. Its essentially a dual-quad setup.
2. There is more than changing themes. Its customization, open-source, widgets.
3. Even small things like ability to download a song and don\\\\\\\'t need to connect to a PC in order to run and put in a playlist.
4. Extensive app selection.
5. Mentioned earlier but full HD and microSD.
6. NFC and notification
and that\\\\\\\'s just from the top of my head. I am sure you can find plenty of stuff online. There is a reason why they own only 3% of the total market share after so many years of its release while android\'s market share catapult enormously in just two years
19. user996 (Posts: 208; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
except HD screen all of that was offered by a single core nokia 808 and symbian. stop it pls
23. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
My facts are totally right, but you didn't answer my question. None of the things you mentioned require octa-cores or "dual quad cores" to run smoothly on any other platform. Symbian did it. My Blackberry Bold 5 does it and none of them require so many cores or so much RAM. And don't tell me you need quad cores for FHD, just look at Retina iPad. It offers more pixels than even FHD on dual cores. That means iOS is capable of higher resolution than FHD. So tell me, what "MORE" does Android has to offer over any other platforms to justify the hardware? Get your facts right. :)
28. Dragone (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
Well the top your head is empty.
1) The fact that something runs smoothly with 2 cores doesn't mean that the same thing won't support 4 cores someday. Microsoft was right saying WP didn't need it one year ago, but they didn't mean someday they would not have supported 4 core chipsets. There is difference between what's needed and what's is better. Crappoid needs power, it can't do otherwise.
2) Why should a normal user even care about a product being closed or open source ? The fact you put that as a benefit make you a Linux/OpenSource/Crappoid fanboy. You don't need opensource for customization, and for sure you don't need Crappoid.
3) So you think this can't be done in Windows Phone. This makes you an even greater and more arrogant Crappoid fanboy. And yes, there are tons of apps in Windows Phone able to download songs and organize them.
4) Yea, having hundreds of copies of the same app is surely very usefull to a normal user. Of course it doesn't matter if most of them is crap.
5 & 6) Maybe they are not groundbreaking, but they are in this Lumia too and that's the best atm. So what's your point ?
And dude, in the country I live PW reached 13%.
You can keep trolling around.
30. Dragone (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
That's all you can answer, I suppose.
Btw you are the one who sould learn some english :
"There is a reason why they own only 3% of the total market share after so many years OF its release"
18. user996 (Posts: 208; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
they offer lag. lots of lag :)) more and more
21. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Andr0id needs octa-cores, just so it can function utterly smooth....
25. tech2 (Posts: 2980; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
You clearly are a blind fanboy. Not only you have no knowledge of how 8-cores work but also you don\\\'t seem to believe or research anything yourself when someone tells you. I\\\'ll repeat one more time ALL 8-CORES DON\\\'T WORK ON EXYNOS 5410.
There is no point arguing with a closed minded fanboy...\\\'nuff said!
BTW, there is a difference between stutter and lag. GS4 use to \'stutter\' but after 18th May update it was resolved. Also, its OEMs fault. A nexus or Sense 5 device never lags.
26. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Listen here noob, nowhere in any post did i say all cores work at the same time. You're just using that to cover up the reality that android offers nothing more than others to justify the hardware, the numbers are just for dumb people like u who fall for it n den think u hv something powerful! U couldnt list even ONE feature that needs quad cores to operate. Its clear to me ur just a fanboy who doesnt know sh!t about technology. BTW, both mediatek AND samsung are coming out with octa core cpus that use all 8 cores at once. For no reason at all. Just to fool fanboy noobs like yourself. ANd dont tell me HTC's or nexus dont lag, iv used both extensively. It's clear that u havent. Go back to ur cave or learn something.
16. GamePlayer (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
"and yes Quad core is more than enough for Windows Phone, sorry lagdroid needs so much"
You are just another windows phone/nokia fanboy. If you like Nokia it does'nt give you the right to say hate words about others. If you don't like android then just don't buy any android phone and be stuck with your tiles. And calling android laggy is getting old. Who said android needs more than a quad core processor to run fine? Have you even tried android? Get a life, fanboy. I like Nokia aswell but i don't say hate words to others because of it. I like Nokia, but i also like others such as Sony,Samsung,Huawei,hTC.
5. Cod3rror (Posts: 82; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
The title said "new PureView tech inside" I read the article but it did not say anything about new PureView tech. It's the same PureView tech only scaled down, probably with the same terrible WP algorithms.
8. Cod3rror (Posts: 82; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
OK, I guess that can be counted as "new".
I hope Nokia starts a trend of oversampling cameras. Samsung, Sony, Apple have to join this.
I'd rather have a super detailed, noise/grain free and smooth 5MP image, than a bad 20MP one.
10. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Yep, I agree, any day, the biggest con in Mobile Camera Imaging is the heap load of noise, it's annoying, even the 1020 has a good amount of noise :/
6. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Really cant wait.... Take my money already Nokia
14. gazmatic (Posts: 629; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
fandroid butthurt has increased exponentionally since the announcement of the lumia 1520
they no longer have the same talking points
full hd. check
quad core. check
sd card. check
full multitasking. check
awesome camera. check
all they have is the number of apps....
and of course it runs windows
15. papss (unregistered)
But but but.... Hmmm rip Nokia.. 2013 specs :)
22. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2023; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
2013 specs? Aren't all other flagship phones, use those specs?? Lol LOSER