Next problem with the Apple iPhone 5 brings purple tinting to certain pictures
purple tinting on the edges. Speculation is that this is the result of the Sapphire glass used on the camera's lens. Another thought is that the problem comes from the light sensor on the camera getting overloaded. While the camera on the Apple iPhone 5 can compensate in some situations, in others the purple tint takes over the picture.
Since word of this purple picture problem started making its way around the interwebs, some have taken to their Twitter account to tweet that the same problem exists on the Apple iPhone 4S. Those who have tested this say that it is true that last year's iPhone model does produce the tint on some pictures, but it is much more apparent on the newer version of Apple's smartphone.
So far, no word from Apple on the latest issue facing Apple iPhone 5 users.
14. hateftotti posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:42 51
Actually one of those 200 new features were promised to be in ios6:)
32. yt6nin posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:45 5
Is the purple tint, one of the few colors in the 200 new features??? Lol, what are the "200 new features" in iOS 6? iOS 5 and the iPhone 4S should've been banned if the Google got the pull down notification bar patented, but it's still on hold... Otherwise, iOS 5 and the iPhone 4S didn't have a shot at the numbers of 4S's sold... (I'm pretty sure Phonearena had an article on the Google drop-down notification patent being held from 2007 or something...) Anyways, Android is superior than Apple due to the unlimited world of customization (features!!!) =D
42. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:27 21
You Apple fanboys always make a weak comeback.
112. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:38 0
Apple fanboys are a little short on class...they're secretly android fanboys.
They admire guys like us!
45. neutralguy posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:48 20
"oh i have iPhone 5 and it has static lines, purple tint and scuffed exterior! Beat that! It's like, the best thing in the world!"
54. Apple. (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:55 2
looks like ur more brainwashed then Apple. Apple fans cause your not urself anymore.
58. som posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:04 2
Rotten Apple have $100+ cash in hand can fix any problems that occured.
65. Apple. (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:18 0
Yeap join the club and buy shares. Welcome to the club of Royallys.
113. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:40 1
More like the club of Royally Screwed! Over and over and over again and again and again....oh its just pathetic! You have my sympathy
64. Apple. (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:17 1
Apple owners can afford it, unlike others! the phone is looks like no others. the touch the feel style . its the trend and being cool.
72. guest posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:44 5
Like the Backstreet Boys or N'Sync back in the day.
93. YasasT posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:33 1
wow I wonder how cool it is to hold a scuffed phone right out of the box :D ohh and these camera issues, crappy maps must be cool too huh?
107. galfiszabolcs posted on 27 Sep 2012, 01:18 1
So you`re the hotshot cuz` you have money to afford that phone?
83. bayusuputra posted on 26 Sep 2012, 22:22 4
it's an additional feature that will make it easier for editing instagram pictures..
84. fernsruben posted on 26 Sep 2012, 22:27 3
A moment of silence for all sheep out there.....for havin the dexterity and courage to smile under all difficulties...............................................................................................................................................................baaaahh....baaah.....blaaaah.......wait.....they'r sheep.................Kudos apple.....purple wool now :P
103. HäckeMáte posted on 27 Sep 2012, 00:06 1
not just facebook and twitter integration...
INSTAGRAM INTEGRATION BUILT IN TO IOS!!!!! =D
114. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:46 0
Integrating third party apps does not make the OS better. Its like if I ordered a computer and Windows came with all softwares installed that I might like.
There's a term for this..."Bloating the OS". They should make the OS better by innovating and by introducing something new.
Wake up! one should have the freedom of choosing between Instagram or any other photo-edit software. Apple shouldn't be shovin stuff up the sheep's rear ends but then again they're sheep...they deserve it :)
43. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:33 5
And then Apple comes out and states: "You are obviously taking pictures wrong."
47. neutralguy posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:50 2
"It's obviously a lens flare, please take your pictures without direct sunlight." :))
3. guest posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:22 14
This only occurs on cheap products made in China. Oh wait.
34. yt6nin posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:46 0
Plus, for one iPhone 5 to be manufactured costs ~$8.00... And they're being sold for $199, $299, and $399+... -_-
80. techspace posted on 26 Sep 2012, 20:51 2
apple spends around $207 to make an iphone 5(16 gb), and what made you think that the iphone 5 costs $199? who will pay the bills? the unlocked 16gb iphone5 costs $649..........any locked phone will end up costing you more than the unlocked phone(iphone, android phone or any other phone)
88. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:27 0
if apple spends $8 to manufacture an iPhone then Samsung spends $2... whats your point?
46. christianqwerty posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:50 0
Its the sun flare of the lens! what the hell. My s3 does that too.
89. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:29 1
Dont ruin the fun for all the Apple haters. Theyre just getting started with all the trash talking.
78. techspace posted on 26 Sep 2012, 20:35 0
apple products are not made in china, they are assembled over there....different components are made in different countries and all those components are assembled in china........
91. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:31 0
yes, hence the reason it says "assembled in china" but I supose Korea makes much better products... SMH #sarcasm
4. evil_slayer posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:23 14
and yet they talk about how high quality iphone comparing to others
quailty my a**
13. Non_Sequitur posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:41 1
Yeah, the iPhone 5 has a lot of issues...
Dang. I was hoping it would be better than this.
Hopefully it's another of those problems that only a few have.
92. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:33 0
I know right, I would much rather have a remote wiping issue on my GS3 than lens flare.
Hopefully this 3rd GS3 update is the charm
51. christianqwerty posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:52 1
When i point my s3 camera at the sun, i get red circle flares, quick, phonearena make an article showing how the s3 has red circle problems!!!!!!
118. evil_slayer posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:40 0
as you can see from the images...the tint doesn't only appear when the phone is pointed to the sun
and samsung has nothing to do with what i said...im talking about how people always say that iphone is a top quality device...i didn't compare anything to anything
49. christianqwerty posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:50 1
That explains the millions of orders.......
59. guest posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:05 3
And the first drop in customer satisfaction ever for the iPhone ;-)
85. 305Bucko posted on 26 Sep 2012, 22:30 0
to be fair... that article pertains to iOS6. nothing to do with the iPhone 5 let alone the camera.
If your gonna bash apple make sure you dont look like a rtard doing it. That would just make Android fans look less educated, and we dont want that now do we?
6. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:26 4
Wasn't the camera on the 4 one of the best ever put in a phone? Does anyone at Apple understand the concept "if it isn't broken, don't fix it?"
18. SlimSoulja86 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:48 2
Good point, but we live in a world where what you have on your phone today will be an antique tomorrow, so Apple need to improve as they go, just like any other manufacturer. So even if it ain't broke, they will try to improve it, or else we will still be stuck in an age where phones have just two functionalites, Calls and Text. Unfortunately Apple instead of improving they broke it.
44. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:38 0
True, good point. As an after thought, what comes to mind is how can a company the size of Apple put so little money into R&D? Do they really think people will continue to buy their products regardless of the quality problems or has money really become too much of a focus? And where has the quality control gone, didn't anyone test the camera to reveal this? Or are they really feeling the pressure of not having the market share they feel they should so they rush products out the door before they are really ready for consumer use
Lately it seems like iPhone release problems are a norm and not an exception.
66. Apple. (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:19 0
Yes we all over the world will. Cause there Apple.
77. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 19:54 2
Enjoy your problematic phone, Taco.
23. joseg81 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:58 2
actually the camera in the crappy amaze 4g was better than the iphone 4's, even phonearena compared them. n i think that claim was made by apple about the camera. but they lie about most everything anyways lol
24. baldilocks posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:06 0
As an avid Android user, I find your statement 100% false. Sorry, but the Amaze 4G is not even close.
94. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:34 0
too bad everything else about the amaze was not so "amaz"ing
35. yt6nin posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:47 1
But wasn't the iPhone camera's and also the SGSII and III (?) cameras made by SONY?
97. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:41 0
it doesnt matter, apple put their logo on it, that means we must all hate it now.
63. downphoenix posted on 26 Sep 2012, 18:16 0
They know that concept all too well, thus why the phones havent changed much in 5 years outside of hardware.
7. SlimSoulja86 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:28 14
WOW! Good job apple, you were concentrating more on suing people instead of putting us first. Now this
If you weren't busy finding out what your competitors were having on their phones, you could have spend all that $$ on improving and making the iPhone 5 a killer phone. I love you but, let the truth be told, iPhone 5 is coming up with too many problems. Well good thing for me I'll get my iPhone 5 some time in January, when you have fixed all this rubbish (wishful thinking)
29. ilia1986 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 16:24 4
Better switch. I did. It's a bit hard at first cause it's different - but after awhile - you fall in love with Android. :)
8. PAPINYC posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:32 12
I think the new magenta feature is absolutely wonderful; Apple's acceptance of the pink raiNbow only demonstrates how progressively forward they are when it comes to metrosexuals.
9. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:34 3
i guess apple was so busy suing everybody they dint get time to innovate anything so they stretched the 1p4s and came up with ip5.
no doubt ip5 will sell well but its neither innovative nor better than the competition.
10. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:34 3
Every since Apple sued Sammy it just went down hill from there lol. Never bite the hand that feeds you !
11. chocolatebear76 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 15:34 3
All their time has been in the courtroom trying to damage Sammy