New pictures show off waterproof Apple iPhone 6?
Holding on tightly to that grain of salt you're taking this story with, you can see photos showing the phone purported to be the Apple iPhone 6, submerged in water. This would be a huge new feature for the iPhone from a competitive standpoint. It would come in the same year that the Samsung Galaxy S5, and the Sony Xperia Z2, both came out of their boxes able to withstand submersion in up to 1 meter (3.2 feet) of water for up to 30 minutes. And the upcoming LG G3 is expected to join the club when it is launched soon.
Compared with the Apple iPhone 5s, we can see just how much larger the 4.7 inch screen is going to look on this device, and how thin the phone will be. After you check out the slideshow below, feel free to give us your opinion on what could be the next iPhone (like you need an invitation), in the box below.
Photos purportedly of the Apple iPhone 6, show off the phone's ability to withstand submersion in water Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Xiaomi Mi 4: hands-on photos and official press renders
22 Jul 2014, 06:52
Photos purportedly of the Apple iPhone 6, show off the phone's ability to withstand submersion in water
1. The new Apple iPhone 6 could withstand submersion in water
2. The Apple iPhone 6
4. Comparison with the Apple iPhone 5s and other models
Thanks for the tip, Alex!
source: ePrice (translated)
56. Finalflash (Posts: 1417; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Seeing as how none of the images showed it to be "ON" I wouldn't be too surprised if our bro there was not mad. Also, DAMN it is ugly, who the hell designed that thing.
15. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 135; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
What if this is the next gen iPod touch?
17. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Next gen iPod touch with fingerprint sensor? Really?
61. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 135; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Nope I'm pretty happy. I'm not getting iPhone 6 either way but are you mad because I came up with a different theory?
62. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No, but don't you think an iPod touch with a fingerprint sensor sounds kinda weird?
82. shead202 (Posts: 40; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Actually it would make complete sense especially if you want to buys games and app from the App Store, just like the iPhone 5S. Remember the Rumors of having a fingerprint sensor for the iPad Air? It would be the same concept here. Just saying.
79. Astoni (Posts: 428; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
My biggest question is, Why the F*ck would anyone want an Ipod?!. A Nano Okay.. but a freakin Ipod touch is like a gimped phone..
46. fireblade (Posts: 628; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
probably fake iphone
/post/178280139-%E3%80%90%E6%97%8B%E9%A2%A8%E5 %86%8D%E8%B5%B7%EF%BC%81%E3%80 %91%E5%82%B3%E8%AA%AA%E7%9A%84-iphone-6-%E7%8E%8B%E8%80%85%E9%99%8D%E8 %87%A8%EF%BC%9F%EF%BC%9F
60. vincelongman (Posts: 936; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Don't you remember that iOS 7 brought complete water proofing to all iOS device. I saw it on the internet, so it must be true
67. mayur007 (Posts: 356; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
they just copied the feature from sony and samsung :p
68. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No, Samsung and Sony copied it from Apple.
78. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 415; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
wow, apple usually has a lock on looks but that thing is cheapo looking. iDont buy this for a minute, no way that is the new iPone
80. Imaxxacre (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
lol Wut? I wouldn't be surprised if this image is photoshopped, but saying that it is impossible for Apple to make a waterproof iPhone is just stupid.
92. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6116; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PATENT/THEN SUE Samsung/SONY please probably a photoshop
2. tatail (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
That design is uglier than iPhone 5s. Maybe it is better if Apple just keep sticking with the same design.
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I concur. This new design looks like it was beaten severely with the ugly stick and it doesn't even have that hideous "Beats" logo on it yet.
If Apple wants to copy the HTC One, maybe they should just spend a few more billions and buy HTC as well.
Then they'd own the past, present, and future of "Beats" and have a nicer design for their next iPhone.
25. Sauce (unregistered)
Maybe Samsungs design head joined Apple.
42. Cicero (Posts: 194; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
It looks like any other phones now. Welcome to the "ugly" world.
64. apple4never (Posts: 914; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ugly like any other phones? have you not seen the one plus one? M8? Z2?
66. SamDroid (Posts: 114; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
I think you can't see their beauty because of the iLog in your eye :/
63. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 716; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
uglier and much taller, it is almost HTC One M8 size with a 4,7" screen, all hail the new king of bezels.
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Next there will be a rumor that the iPhone 6 is blend-proof.
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Might need a bigger blender than the old iPhone, but I think it will blend just fine :)
5. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
The most legit pictures I've seen yet.
10. alexandrecastro (Posts: 17; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Much more pictures here
19. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
After seeing those it's definitely fake.
Something doesn't look right with the glass.
22. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Great link. It looks like the images we are looking at are from some sort of crude prototype or fake that someone engineered.
11. aditya.k (Posts: 455; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
No please. Same design is better than an ugly one.
14. dontneedtoknow (Posts: 135; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
I prefer iPhone 4 design up to iPhone 5s. They were sleek and sexy but this.... this might be sleek but kinda looks luke HTC one and iPod touch 5th generation had kids!
20. rahul.niks (Posts: 40; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
And that doraemon using big light, lolz, may be they should use a other doraemon gadget to make it look a good too
21. AfterShock (Posts: 2050; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This looks like the droid you're looking for but isn't.
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2590; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Back Looks like a flattened htc one.
24. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
It can be a dummy unit (and in that case the leaker won't have any problem by putting it into water), so I'll take this with a grain of salt
29. alexandrecastro (Posts: 17; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Exactly! all dummies are waterproof lmao
28. enthasuium (Posts: 69; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Apple needs to put headphone jack on top, The bottom is awkward when u listening music and browsing web on your thumb
Design looks awful compare to HTC one better dont compare. The back side black strips is copy of HTC one though we dont know its the real iphone or not
31. networkdood (Posts: 6244; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
The big question is - IS the iphone 6 going to be URINE proof?
Many users use the phone while going to the bathroom - they use it with one hand while using the other hand to do their business. The current iPhones allow a user to use their phone with one hand while 'draining the lizard' or 'paying the water bill'.
BUT....the new iPhones look to be a bit big. Apple is wanting to make these new devices waterproof because they realize that many users will drop them in toilets and/or urinals.
Makes perfect sense.
39. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Except there is a small slot for urine to flow into the iPhone's new power system. This is why the phone is so thin -- a very small battery and a urine power generator. Access is controlled by Apple's new "Pee ID" system.
32. networkdood (Posts: 6244; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Meanwhile, I will be using a OnePlus One and could buy 2 for the price of the still smaller iPhone 6.
Just sold my Nexus 5 to someone in Sri Lanka for around 360.00. CHA CHING!!!
38. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Glad to hear you were unable to unload your Nexus 5. Hopefully the OPO will be shipping soon!
34. bradley8795 (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
I'm calling fake. The black strip looks painted on the back, especially in the top left. The "sapphire glass" is way to scratched to be sapphire. And the power button is very wobbly looking. I can't see apple making a phone that bad.
52. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
the back is not finished .. this was the case with 5s leaks last year, same types of leaks ... but the front truly looks like it's not fake ..
35. NoFanboy (Posts: 204; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
The ring outside the home button should light up when the phones on