Motorola Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX getting ICS update today: will make them first Verizon LTE phones with global roaming
19. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
WOW, good job on forgetting the BIONIC. What an ICONIC Phone it has become. LMBO @ Moto!
2. Sniggly (Posts: 7281; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Please don't follow the HTC pattern and discontinue these phones the minute the upgrade rolls out.
And apart from T-mobile flagships, seems like Motorola got its updates out quicker than most phones out there. Now let's see ICS come out for the rest of your phones.
6. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Hey sniggly. Yeah, I can't wait to get this update. I've been patiently awaiting the release. Moto really done a good job with it and it's not like HTC's fake ICS.
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I doubt RAZR/MAXX will get discontinued anytime soon; this is Verizon's unofficial flagship right now even beating out the old "Bumpers and Duct Tape" 3.5" mini-smartphones.
Hey, if Big Red doesn't release the G-Note soon I'm going back to a RAZR; this DROID CHARGE suckz ballz (iActually prefer my iPhone 4S over this disCHARGE). BUT, nothing beats a RAZR (yet)!
3. snowgator (Posts: 3350; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Good for Moto!! They got a lot of grief for their Droid 3 and Droid X2 decisions, good to see them follow through on their get their current flagships taken care of!! Here is hoping the Bionic is next, and that they do not leave Droid 4 owners out, either.
4. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3061; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Great to see the RAZR is getting the upgrade. I have lost faith in Verizon's GN and will be selling it for the SGS3. Updates or not, I want a smooth experience! Not 5 months of hell for a small update. God only knows how long the Verizon GN will get JB lol
9. jinwons (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Do you realize that Verizon's GN lagged only 1.5~2 months behind the GSM one for 4.0.4 update? Google played major part in 4.0.4 delay too. Verizon GN will surely get JB within a few months from GSM one, but it's anyone's guess if/when Razr will get JB.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Razr will definitely get something as incremental as JB.
5. deviantirish79 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Explains why Verizon forgot about the the Rezound update. Gotta get the Motorola's going first. Then they will think about HTC, And possibly ponder the Galaxy Nexus.
8. THE_RAY (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Galaxy Nexus has already been updated to 4.04
7. Vilem55 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
So, when is this update comming to all countries and carrriers?
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or me. :-( I even tried to pull the update, but no joy. GS III is calling.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No joy after even doing a hard power-down (press and hold power button) followed by restart. Apparently still not yet for ICS on the RAZR.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i have it because the OTA leaked days ago. just flash it, same thing.
20. kanagadeepan (Posts: 765; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Not EXACTLY same buddy... Current OTA is having better GPS and Enterprise e-mail support than last leak (even though the build number of both are same)...
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
where did you hear that? besides if it were a relevant enough of a difference it would've been made .212.
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
22. BattleBrat (Posts: 1266; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I got a screen that popped up on my RAZR earlier today that said later this week I will be getting updated to ICS did anyone else get that?
25. BlacRaZredge (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
yet to get the update... i think im going to flash it
28. branpute (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Hey everyone! I have actually posted the detailed instructions on how to manually install the official OTA update to ICS. Visit:http://www.branpute.net/forum/
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=668. Hopefully that helps some folks out ;)
31. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Did you have to re DL all of your apps?
29. Sydus1 (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
So far I love the new ICS. I had to go in and relink my contacts to fb but no biggie. Seems to run smoother and I like how the menu key is set up now. :) about time all I have to say.
30. Sydus1 (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I got my update the first day it came out btw. OTA, and I got a series of txts about changes and updates first.
32. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
I couldnt wait any longer so i just flashed it. Was so worried id mess my phone up because i have never done anything like that before but it was super easy. Thanks man. I did restore my phone after
33. s_tephanie (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Is it worth it to flash it? I'm like, highly considering it. I'd rather wait for the OTA update, but I'm fed up with them throwing release dates around...
34. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Wish i would have done it earlier got tired of waiting
36. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'm down loading it OTA right now, finally!
Its about 350MB so you make sure your phone is charged and connected to wifi.
37. i3izkit311 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
OMG I think its happening, could this be real?
40. Deusedroid (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I hate the 4.0.4 update it changed the way I view videos on websites. Now it gets stuck and won't play the damn videos like it used to. I hate updates that change shyt up. Now I can't enjoy my phone like I used to all because the cute little changes get my phone actin up, getting stuck and freezing, moving slower than it did before I was forced to get the damn update. I can't get my NFL app to work or nothing. THIS MOTOROLA RAAZR IS STARTING TO SUCK!