Motorola Droid RAZR, RAZR MAXX getting ICS update today: will make them first Verizon LTE phones with global roaming
19. jogutier posted on 22 Jun 2012, 18:45 1
WOW, good job on forgetting the BIONIC. What an ICONIC Phone it has become. LMBO @ Moto!
2. Sniggly posted on 22 Jun 2012, 09:58 5
Please don't follow the HTC pattern and discontinue these phones the minute the upgrade rolls out.
And apart from T-mobile flagships, seems like Motorola got its updates out quicker than most phones out there. Now let's see ICS come out for the rest of your phones.
6. troybuilt posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:30 3
Hey sniggly. Yeah, I can't wait to get this update. I've been patiently awaiting the release. Moto really done a good job with it and it's not like HTC's fake ICS.
10. PAPINYC posted on 22 Jun 2012, 13:14 1
I doubt RAZR/MAXX will get discontinued anytime soon; this is Verizon's unofficial flagship right now even beating out the old "Bumpers and Duct Tape" 3.5" mini-smartphones.
Hey, if Big Red doesn't release the G-Note soon I'm going back to a RAZR; this DROID CHARGE suckz ballz (iActually prefer my iPhone 4S over this disCHARGE). BUT, nothing beats a RAZR (yet)!
3. snowgator posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:00 2
Good for Moto!! They got a lot of grief for their Droid 3 and Droid X2 decisions, good to see them follow through on their get their current flagships taken care of!! Here is hoping the Bionic is next, and that they do not leave Droid 4 owners out, either.
4. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:09 1
Great to see the RAZR is getting the upgrade. I have lost faith in Verizon's GN and will be selling it for the SGS3. Updates or not, I want a smooth experience! Not 5 months of hell for a small update. God only knows how long the Verizon GN will get JB lol
9. jinwons posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:50 0
Do you realize that Verizon's GN lagged only 1.5~2 months behind the GSM one for 4.0.4 update? Google played major part in 4.0.4 delay too. Verizon GN will surely get JB within a few months from GSM one, but it's anyone's guess if/when Razr will get JB.
16. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:02 1
the Razr will definitely get something as incremental as JB.
5. deviantirish79 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:29 2
Explains why Verizon forgot about the the Rezound update. Gotta get the Motorola's going first. Then they will think about HTC, And possibly ponder the Galaxy Nexus.
7. Vilem55 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 10:49 1
So, when is this update comming to all countries and carrriers?
14. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Jun 2012, 15:13 3
Or me. :-( I even tried to pull the update, but no joy. GS III is calling.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Jun 2012, 15:18 1
No joy after even doing a hard power-down (press and hold power button) followed by restart. Apparently still not yet for ICS on the RAZR.
17. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:02 1
i have it because the OTA leaked days ago. just flash it, same thing.
20. kanagadeepan posted on 22 Jun 2012, 22:20 0
Not EXACTLY same buddy... Current OTA is having better GPS and Enterprise e-mail support than last leak (even though the build number of both are same)...
21. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Jun 2012, 22:49 0
where did you hear that? besides if it were a relevant enough of a difference it would've been made .212.
23. BlacRaZredge posted on 23 Jun 2012, 09:46 0
how did you flash it yourself?
24. KingKurogiii posted on 23 Jun 2012, 13:18 0
22. BattleBrat posted on 23 Jun 2012, 00:38 0
I got a screen that popped up on my RAZR earlier today that said later this week I will be getting updated to ICS did anyone else get that?
25. BlacRaZredge posted on 23 Jun 2012, 15:43 0
yet to get the update... i think im going to flash it
28. branpute posted on 25 Jun 2012, 04:03 0
Hey everyone! I have actually posted the detailed instructions on how to manually install the official OTA update to ICS. Visit:http://www.branpute.net/forum/
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=668. Hopefully that helps some folks out ;)
29. Sydus1 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 13:48 0
So far I love the new ICS. I had to go in and relink my contacts to fb but no biggie. Seems to run smoother and I like how the menu key is set up now. :) about time all I have to say.
30. Sydus1 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 13:50 0
I got my update the first day it came out btw. OTA, and I got a series of txts about changes and updates first.
32. 714reyesj posted on 25 Jun 2012, 18:38 3
I couldnt wait any longer so i just flashed it. Was so worried id mess my phone up because i have never done anything like that before but it was super easy. Thanks man. I did restore my phone after
33. s_tephanie posted on 25 Jun 2012, 19:33 0
Is it worth it to flash it? I'm like, highly considering it. I'd rather wait for the OTA update, but I'm fed up with them throwing release dates around...
34. 714reyesj posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:31 0
Wish i would have done it earlier got tired of waiting
36. EarnYourLeather posted on 30 Jun 2012, 07:44 0
I'm down loading it OTA right now, finally!
Its about 350MB so you make sure your phone is charged and connected to wifi.
40. Deusedroid posted on 09 Jul 2012, 00:20 0
I hate the 4.0.4 update it changed the way I view videos on websites. Now it gets stuck and won't play the damn videos like it used to. I hate updates that change shyt up. Now I can't enjoy my phone like I used to all because the cute little changes get my phone actin up, getting stuck and freezing, moving slower than it did before I was forced to get the damn update. I can't get my NFL app to work or nothing. THIS MOTOROLA RAAZR IS STARTING TO SUCK!