Look, Ma, no bezel! Samsung working on a frameless Galaxy B Android handset for Q3
2. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Perhaps this is why we haven't heard anything of the galaxy s3 yet,could this be it?
22. remixfa (Posts: 14079; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
what better device to push new designs and tech, but their super fueled flagships. I really hope that its in the SGS3. :)
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1373; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
hey this and that CES video image match ..........
9. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"Sorry, iDoNot understand or relAte; we need large bezels and tiNy lcd's on our iOS deviCes. Can iGet you diRections to the mall? The weather today will be 25° and snow (in MiAmi)."
"……please don't forget to turn me off."
29. alx33 (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
OH MY GOSH JUST STFU PLEASE! THIS ARTICLE DIDNT EVEN MENTION AN APPLE PRODUCT SO PLEASE JUST STFU AND HOP OFF THIS POST!
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
ok, this will finally kill the iPhone.
not a set of inside features, but this one. it will make any standard phone to look outdated, including the iPhone5.
8. Stinger2U (Posts: 16; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Although the concept looks great, I can't help but wonder how many accidental presses (touches) this phone will receive. Looks to me that you'll have to learn how to hold this phone in order to avoid any accidental presses. Even though my last two phones had bezels (DUH:-)) if i held them with a tighter grip a piece of my skin would touch the screen ever so slightly, and therefore activate a certain app or function. My personal opinion is that this will be a pain in the ass to use. Of course unless those pesky engineers figure something out :-)
33. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
personally, i don't think i will be bothered with the lack of side bezel, other than in tablets where you need some place to rest your fingers.. but in mobile phones, i don't think it will be that troublesome.. but i agree that it may lead to accidental presses.. but from my own experience, it is actually the capacitive buttons that are always accidentally pressed, not the side of the screen, unless you grip it really hard your palm skin is squeezed from the side of the phone to the screen.. but, until now, that will only be an opinion of mine.. i have not used that kind of device, so i could only infer.. but my opinion may change after the device is out and i can play with it.. but so far, that's great news..
36. Captain_Doug (Posts: 784; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Even with tablets, the bezels currently there are a little too big. I hold a 7-8" tablet with one hand easy(around the back) and then i use my other hand to interact, if i plan on using 2 hands i put it down on a surface. Phones don't need bezels(an outside layer of metal/rubber is fine) 7-8" tablets don't need much and 10" tablets need a good thumb size bezel. That or a handle on the back.... Just kidding.
10. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
My only concern is, will it easily break if fall down?
Yet, it look so amazing!
19. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Gorilla glass is amazingly strong.
I would worry about finding it... where is that phone.
34. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
i don't think so.. there are some phones with glass that are protruding from the body, like the nokia N9/lumia 800, but i don't think they'll break that easily.. especially with protective glass, which should be present in this phone according to the article..
11. serpa4 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
It won't be an iPhone killer. People who buy iPhones are after iOS, not cool technology. Otherwise it would have been beat by existing phones. IPhone don't offer anything, technology wise, that current phones don't have.
I'd love the SGSIII with or without the display technology.
Accidental touching can be controled by software like palm check on laptop computer touch pads. Right handed, the finger wrap-around and touching the edge of the screen will look different then the tip of a finger as well as the edge of your thumb touching the screen.
15. sprockkets (Posts: 1314; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"People who buy iPhones are after...."
Looks, man. Looks.
23. MayorMcJustin (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
People who are after the iPhone are after just that half eaten silver apple on the back of the phone. How many times do you see people with an iphone that is running a rediculously outdated OS. You cant say looks because before the 4, THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT.
13. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Looks promising, but I think we're still too far from that.
14. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Next-gen Galaxy Note perhaps? This would be a perfect way to keep the gigantuan screen but make the phone slightly less awkward to hold and/or make calls from.
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
serpa, you are very mistaken.
people buy iPhone mostly because it is classy, and trendy.
17. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Oh please Samsung, please patent the design with no bezel!
I'm sure they would let other manufacturers use it, especialy those that use Samsung screens... But this would be devestating to Apple - i can only imagine future phones existing without a bezel...
18. max9777 (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
I like that song. Only if I knew what artists its by :)
Edit: NVM Found it :)
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
futuristic.. but wont work.. but wont tell you guys why... dont want to spoil this happy fest...
27. remixfa (Posts: 14079; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm.. because apple didnt "invent" it first? is that what you were going to say? lol
28. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nop it has nothing to to with Apple... for being an Apple hater you do talk a lot about Apple. more than me..
30. remixfa (Posts: 14079; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
unlike you i am not a hippocrit. If this was the unveiling of the bezel free i5, you would be crappin in your pants about how awesome it is.
This is long from the first time we've seen the bezel free "coming soon". Im still weary of actual use and accidental screen pressing while holding it, but im sure they have figured that out. Regardless, its a very pretty idea.
25. torr310 (Posts: 429; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
users will add frame/case to it anyways... haha
26. jove39 (Posts: 1320; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Awesome...now install it in some phone and start selling...can't wait
31. trumpet116 (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I feel like holding it, my fingers would curl and hit the other side of the screen...but looks amazing anyway
32. x7black7x (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
samsung should add this thing in sgs3 the biggest and the baddest ass-ed smartphone
35. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
the music in this video was annoying....
that will be a great addition to phones nonetheless!