Latest Apple iPhone 6 leak: 3D schematics
The first thing that hits you are the rounded corners on the device, which dovetails with many of the other leaks we've seen of the phone. The dimensions on the schematic reveal a phone measuring 138.14mm x 66.97mm. Unfortunately, there is no measurement relating to the thickness of the device, although it does appear to keep the extremely thin design that we've seen before. As a comparison, the Apple iPhone 5s is 123.8mm x 58.6mm.
The power key has been moved to the right, supposedly to improve the grip on the phone, and the volume buttons are now elongated. In addition, the flash has changed to an oval design from the lozenge used on the iPhone 5s.
Yes, you should take this with a grain of salt, especially now when iPhone 6 leaks are all over the place. It is perfectly fine to cast a cynical eye on the images, even if you believe that the next iPhone will look just like this.
3D schematics for the Apple iPhone 6 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
How to improve Android's performance
23 Jul 2014, 05:09
3D schematics for the Apple iPhone 6
1. Mold that was used to produce the iPhone 6 dummy models we've recently seen
Thanks for the tip!
source: WeiFeng (translated) via GforGames
1. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1708; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Looks quite impressive I must say in terms of the design. Now the only thing is the pricing.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 1452; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I would respectfully disagree. That looks hideous, they literally made a thinner iPhone 3G with less uniformity.
53. AppleAnusSoFragrant (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2014)
I remember when the iPhone 5 dummy leak, all of you saying it so ugly and hideous. When the final finished product release all of you hiding in the cave and we queue for the babe.
Deja vu for the upcoming month, gonna diet to get this :)
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
O_O looks like M$ Fanboyism paid off.
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
:-P just wondering how many devices have your desire....
22. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1708; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Don't worry bro. The only Android in that list is the Moto G.
27. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
;-( Y U DO DIS. I failed to sell high end droids to you.
43. fzacek (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Realistically, it'll probably be around $800 for the 16GB model...
44. BlackhawkFlys (Posts: 37; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Looks impressive really? even the iPhone 5 looks better than this
3. peace247 (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Whats so beautiful about it?
There are more than 100 android phones that looks much better than this.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I hope they don't move the power key to the right. Other than the size, that's the one thing I hate about my N3, always hitting it inadvertently
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2263; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why? It's MUCH more ergonomic on the right side. If it's on right side you can naturally move your thumb and press it, but if it's on the left side then you have to change the position of the whole phone in your hand to stretch one of your fingers to the button. Unless you're left handed then it's the opposite. And when it's on top it's just unergonomic no matter which handed you are.
12. greathero1 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I don't mind having to stretch my finger if the button placement prevents me from always pushing the power button. I wouldn't necessarily call it a big problem. Just annoying from time to time.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2263; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I don't know how it's even possible to hit it accidentally. I haven't done that a single time in my life.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Normally I wouldn't respond to you, but since you're being mature today, I'll respect your post Art. Typically I hold my phone with my left hand, with my 5s's lock key being on the top right, it's not in the area of my grip. I have to purposely move my finger to hit it. With my n3 it's right in the way of my grip, soon as I pull my phone out, I naturally grip the upper half, inadvertently hitting it 90% of the time. Even with my right hand it happens, my hand are decently long, but very wide. Thanx for the mature response too.
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I like the power button on the right hand side just under the middle finger.
26. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No not the vulgar way... Had to use the word. But D... mind *sigh*
17. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2263; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Guess it's possible to hit it accidentally then. I like when I can just hit it when I want without any stretch. On my N9 it's impossible to just press it when you don't want to. It's not that responsive.
Though I think I've been behaving quite mature lately anyways lol.
48. engineer-1701d (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
jedii you know i dont like the ios but i feel the same way with my gs3 and many other units made today if i take it out of my pocket (left side) my left thumb hits the vol down at the same time as power and when in landscape watching a video i hit the vol up and down 80% of the time, the only way i see to fix this on all units is have the vol rockers about 1 to 2 inch up from the bottom left side, and power in the center top back corner near the camera.
60. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I agree, and make them harder to push. Less accidents that way
9. greathero1 (Posts: 459; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I have that same problem on my Note 3. I actually got used to the power button on the top after using the One for 6 months. Either way, I am liking the overall design of the phone. Depending on the screen, I might actually purchase my first iPhone this year.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That drives me nuts man, I'd love to see Samsung move it up top.
28. nctx77 (Posts: 445; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
So, you don't like the size of the note 3? I'm torn between getting the 4.7 or the 5.5 inch iPhone. I'm concerned that the 5.5 might be to big though. What size iPhone do you plan on getting?
39. androiphone20 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
idk, I think 4.7" would be a great choice especially when coming from a 4" display. 5.5“ is great for people who want to do more on their iphone I guess.
50. engineer-1701d (Posts: 415; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
4.7 to 5 in perfect for almost most hands and optical use of a phone. i would get the iphone 4.7 if the ios8 looks better and they stop the lock down i get so mad when i look at the ios because the browser is a compass and i am like why the hell is it a compass then i see the compass and ahhhhhhhh i think the ios 8 needs new looking keys like the app store pencil and stuff make it mature and common sense like. i am at the age where all i do is use the phone for some texts and work calls, and float online and and download some songs to listern to while working on a roof ect.
19. androiphone20 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Should be coming in August (according to the rumor mill), eitherway I'm liking the design. Looking great.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Those gray strips should also run down the sides too
24. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1708; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I prefer the looks of the iPhone 6 over the iPhone 5S. What about you darkkjedii?
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
From what I've seen so far, I agree with u NFTW.
38. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5534; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Except for the placement of the power button. That might turn me off as well (for the same reasons you have already mentioned). I would have to try it with an actual unit to see if it causes an issue.
Kind of like 1 step forward, 1 step backward.
25. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No not the vulgar way... Had to use the word. But D... mind *sigh*
29. DaMaster (Posts: 14; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Probably fake. I am hoping that it does come out with the dual sensor for insane low light performance.
31. aditya.g0110 (Posts: 36; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
another day ,another apple leak ,phew tired of everyday leaks
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then why continue to click the articles, view the leaks, and comment? That's a lotta work for something you're tired of.
34. aditya.g0110 (Posts: 36; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
the word schematics , caught my eye so opened it ,or else i dont even bother to open and morever 90% of them are fake .
37. androiphone20 (Posts: 1394; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Then you leave a comment that's a choice right?
40. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1708; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
He's just a troll seeking attention. Ignore such shills.
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly NFTW. Gotta get those green thumbs man.
59. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2674; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
O_o. What a cool guy! lets +1 *_*
33. xondk (Posts: 49; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Really hope it isn't the final design or that it is fake.
Because it looks quite a lot like a few htc phones, butterfly and desire 816 to be specific.
35. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's fake. The real iPhone 6 has a "Beats" logo on the back.
36. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 822; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
There would be room, since there is no tacky carrier branding. I loathe carrier branding.
42. butteredjelly (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Honestly, I think this is the final design. With all the mock ups and leaked pictures, this is the design that is most prevalent.
47. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2045; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I agree -- this final design is ugly enough that the giant "Beats" logo on the back will actually make the phone look better.
49. Diezparda (Posts: 200; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
it resemble iTouch 5 so much.
Wouldn't said to much since it might just another concept or it might be iTouch 6?
51. AppleAnusSoFragrant (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2014)
I cant wait for this baby
52. tettech (Posts: 42; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
I've waited for Apple to increase the display screen of the iPhone at least 4.5-inch, but a 4.7 is nothing to complain. The size is about right to substitute from using a tablet and the miniscule 4-inch iPhone. However, 5-inch screen is spot on for me.
56. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Is a beautiful design... I am in love
57. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3094; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Where have you been. Posting after some time
You and Remixfa never post
58. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3094; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
A 4.5inch iPhone would be nice but also they should add more features like Android
And be less restrictive
61. Loubielou (Posts: 196; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Apple might be Trying to Compete with the High End Android Phones,But they will easily win the Most Expensive Price Smartphone,so something needs to changed at Apple,just because of there Popular name,they think any phone they release this Current Population will Pay Anything to Buy there phones,Why?do Apple think this its Totally Wrong
62. Tech-News-Gadgets-Gn2day (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
i Like this one,,, when iPhone 6 come i have to buy 4.5 inch display device....gn2day.com
63. bogdancirstea (Posts: 13; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
to me it seems like the APPLE logo on the back might be lit, just like on a mac book