LG may update the Optimus 2X to ICS after all, releases source code
Just when all hope was lost, LG has surprisingly released the source code of the update, which hints that the long-awaited piece of software may arrive fairly soon, although no time frame is available. Meanwhile, the new source code should help developers create better custom ICS ROMs for the Optimus 2X for those users who are into flashing the software of their mobile device.
Are there any PhoneArena readers who are still rocking an LG Optimus 2X?
1. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I hope they have stopped fooling around and are bring the updates soon.
3. Grishm (Posts: 52; Member since: 18 May 2012)
LG updating Optimus 2X? I sure am hallucinating, am I not?
7. redmd (Posts: 912; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
your are still hallucinating. there is no true update at hand.
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1386; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
LG horror stories popping up when they are making a nexus ....scary s*it
5. buggerrer (Posts: 288; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
No I don't have a g2x anymore, sold it for a GS3. I was tired of all the drama and sold that phone on craigslist. I bet T-mobile in the states never pushes out ICS over the air.
10. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2732; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I don't see it happening either. The phone is over a year & a half old & has been discontinued for quite a while.
6. redmd (Posts: 912; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I sold mine a year ago. I miss the beautiful screen.
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Ipod touch 4> optimus v> g2x> evo 3d> gs3
9. metoyou (Posts: 278; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
My sister still have it hahaha this is a good news for her if the update really push out
12. mrbtree98 (Posts: 50; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
devs at xda have managed to repack the lg ku5900 ics software for the optimus black and it rocks. the only problem is that the sd card doesn't read properly. it reads it as internal storage
13. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
lmao what would happen with the nexus 4 if lg was indeed going to make it?
i almost bought g2x last year fortunately i didnt buy it