LG Canada: no Ice Cream Sandwich for the Optimus 2X
1. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I bet Optimus users are pissed
Buggy software and no more updates ?
2. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Its Nvidia's fault. None of the Tegra 2 AP20H phones has received ICS as of yet. Probably due to Nvidia not releasing the drivers.
10. JC557 (Posts: 1149; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Yes, I remember reading about how devices with Tegra 2 are SoL since nVidia deems the platform dead and won't release any of the coding. Though LG has shown in the past that it won't update certain phones for whatever reason.
3. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I hope it's not the same with my phone....
4. Devfrost (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
the problem is phone that is not updated officially to ics don't have a fully working cyanogen mod 9 due to lack of driver.
8. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
They write their own drivers and the video camera is the only thing not working...so bitter sweet.
5. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Even if there's an ics update coming for lg phones, it'll take another one or two years to reach the phone. Htc, samsung, sony etc...almost completed updates and the the only news we hear from lg camp is that, this phone wont be updated, that phone wont be updated.
7. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
this also applies to the optimus black which sucks because i've only had mine for 7 MONTHS
9. Vuthy (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jul 2012)
I think it's not Tegra 2 problem because Sony F800 Series players come in 8 GB, 16 GB and 32 GB models and are all powered by NVIDIA's Tegra 2 dual-core processor and run on Android 4.0 (ICS).
11. Superpiff (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
Looks like this phone needs a petition started too
12. xiaopi (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
I'm extremely disappointed. This was their flagship less than a year before ICS was released. But that's old technology enough to forget about that phone, their money is made with that, why bother?
How about keeping customers? We've been lured into new technology prowess (first dual core phone to hit the market) to then be left aside like if we had chosen the cheapest piece of hardware.
I will make sure to follow articles on new LG phones and comment on how unreliable LG is with updates, to help new customers not to be fooled like I was. Being lazy should not be deemed profitable.