In aftermath of Apple iPad trademark battle, shipments rise 80% in China sequentially
Apple iPad went on sale in China on July 20th. Apple had paid £25,000 to Taiwan based Proview for the iPad name but it did not include the rights to use the name in China. Proview sued Apple in Guangdong provincial court and the entire issue was complicated when Proview's creditors claimed that they actually owned the iPad name.
The figures above are for the third-generation Apple iPad and considering the number of months that the tablet was off the market in China, there should be quite a backlog of potential orders in the country.
1. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
with Apple profits they wlil recup the money in a few years...
7. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"Recup"? Is that anything like "recoup"?
2. -box- (Posts: 3864; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If they're made there, how are they "flow[ing] in"? Thought it was just a sales ban, not an import ban.
4. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
Apple is the cash cow and these companies are all lined up for the milk fest.
5. Johnnokia (Posts: 545; Member since: 27 May 2012)
When would people be able to wake up from Apple's hypnotism ??
8. Bernoulli (Posts: 1500; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Next week when Jolla shows us what they got when they do their presentation at Helsinki, Finland
9. Johnnokia (Posts: 545; Member since: 27 May 2012)
If Jolla would succed, that will be a huge loss for Nokia.
15. Bernoulli (Posts: 1500; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Fool if Jolla succeeds Elop will have a heart failure and his levels of sugar will make him go into a coma
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Coz iDevice is so awesome dude, try it lol
16. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Your avatars are an enigma,semi naked women one time,then a semi naked dude now pikachu, what next?
13. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Why do you guys come this post if you are apple haters? Did anyone ask you to read this? GTFO
14. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I believe the presence of your fandroid comments on this post is the ugly truth.
11. Droiddoes (unregistered)
18. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
haha, this is funny. Apple is made in China, and now you have news of shipments of Iphone coming into China. How in the world can that be even possible? Unless it a recall order because of all the multiple defects the Iphone has