HTC and Samsung UK branches duke it out on Twitter: 'plastic is not fantastic, my friend'
1. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1463; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
let them settle it through childish means , atleast they are not going to spend $1 billion on it
19. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
What's wrong in this tweets... Both are stating fact.... may be flaws ....
38. Commentator (Posts: 2863; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Maybe fact in your opinion, but there are definitely instances in which four is worse than one, and plastic is fantastic.
For instance, I would hardly consider having four gunshot-wounds to be better than having merely one, and if plastic isn't fantastic explain how C4 is so good at blowing stuff up!
100. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
last time I let my wife borrow anything plastic it cost me more than a phone... but then again many people get cases. by now everyone know using protection could save you a lot of money and embarrassing explanations.
90. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
htc one : galaxy s4
means for every 1 htc one sold there will b 4 galaxy s4's sold
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Who cares about plastic on the S4? At least the specs were great!
5. Diego! (Posts: 534; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Agree. Besides, 'Ultrapixels' are actually 'megapixels', HTC!
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree too, but the good thing is that Ultrapixels produces more light.
17. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
more light but very low details, no thanks.
64. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Your eyes can not tell the difference. You are not a machine. Don't be fooled by what you think you know.
97. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
There are plenty of scenarios where 4MP aren't enough: crops, texts and charts, large prints...or if you simply like to zoom in on the girl in the bikini.
111. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
it's you who don't have enough knowledge about tech. those details is needed when you crop, or want to make large prints of those pic. but for a kid like you who'll only use it on the phone for FB or Instagram, i'm sure you'll be happy enough with those 4mb 'ultrapixels'... now go do your homework, learn more about tech and check your FB and instagram...
76. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4174; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Unless you're blowing up the images in large prints or doing 100% crops, you won't tell the difference.
79. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
With a resolution of 4MP (2289 x 1712) you're limiting the amount you can zoom in before it becomes pixelated ...not because of detail, but purely because of the low pixel count.
84. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So this was kinda fail?
So they should've gone for 8MP with 1 quarter optic sensor lens! That would've been slightly better than 808 PureView....?
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't understand people defining future-proof in terms of spec, my friend has Nokia n8, no apps, battery life sucks, and yet it still running like a champ with no flaws... Thanks to its aluminium design, the phone seems sturdy enough to operate for the next three years...
android is so awesome nowadays, and even buttery smoothie with the dual core... I don't see spec as a future proof but the built quality is...
16. tech2 (Posts: 2982; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
A device with better specs will be able to support high res games coming in the future ! With release of Nvidia's android console its highly likely it will happen.
Also, by built quality if you are reffering to HTC One then its irremovable battery wont be able to help in future when after few years the battery starts dying (like all lithium battery does) !
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
AAExQ/QH2RJEnTGjA/s1600/Samsun g%2BGalaxy%2BS3%2BiPhone%2B4s. png
By the time you have a financial difficulties, you will feel my pain
28. cezarepc (Posts: 670; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I have an N8 too, easily more than 2 years old. It doesn't look brand new thanks to a lot of scratches.
But performance-wise, it's still running as good as when I first purchased it. It even got better with Belle Refresh. It really depends on your usage model. For me, this is my definition of future-proof. I take a lot of pictures on my phone and that's the main reason I bought it and until now it still takes pictures comparable to newly-released-flagships. Gaming-wise yes it sucks big time but like I said, future-proof depends on your usage model.
32. tech2 (Posts: 2982; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
wendy, look at this drop test and you can see GS3 survived better than HTC OneX in drop test !
All I am saying is you cannot reliably say, atleast before the phones are released, that HTC One will be more durable than GS4.
63. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The GS3 is completely cracked and the one x survives !
101. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
that drip test was amazingly bad. no matter how she held the phones they almost always landed on the back.. her dip heights were all over the place too. it's not f from lack of effort on her part, but there is a reason why drop test are usually done more than one and are more controlled.
24. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
few years? are sure? i don't think a plastic device can survive for years ... specially samsung....
27. tech2 (Posts: 2982; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
well........a lot of my friends are still happily using Galaxy S2 !
All the unibody and aluminium bodies for phone have recently started to use before that all phones were plastic !
Just because a better built is out there that doesn't mean all the other builts are crap !
33. maccess (Posts: 715; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
sorry my friend but the plastic part only the back cover.. you can change millions of time that removable back cover
46. wando77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
My dad's galaxy s1 is still running perfect and is in great condition (uses it every day)
62. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
My "plastic" Samsung 4S, Vibrant, S2 and Note are still running and ever efficient.
69. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
can u take ur 'tashreef' somewhere else, only u know what i mean;-)
34. MrJerry (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
All you saying is pitiful and ignorant
In your theory, why do you think we need to learn math?
Isn't our life more than enough to live with just the four fundamental arithmetic operations?.......
BTW I heard the news the british guys found the Higgs Boson you may hear of.
Then World seems to be crazy to you huh? doing useless stuffs?
Better silent than stupid
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, aluminium gives better built quality, but it gets scratches easily,and you can't take off the back on aluminium built phones. Aluminium phones gives premium feel, and plastic gives cheap feel. But hey, on plastic built phones, you can take off the back cover to replace the battery. So in conclusion, plastic is not bad at all.
66. medicci37 (Posts: 1046; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
OMG Wendy! That actually makes sense! I'm guessing you've been hacked.
71. weinerslav (Posts: 126; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Well the 808 is plastic and is way better than the N8, no scratches no marks from hitting the floor, better torsion in case of drops keep the internal components safe. So maybe the question is not about being plastic or not, maybe is about the plastic that is used.
21. MrJerry (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I think it is HTC's new strategy against Samsung:
They finally realized that there are not much thing(almost nothing) they can compete with Samsung in terms of Specs and S&H.
So they much more focus on the build quality.. like HTC design guy told in Engadget video..
Even though I doubt it's going to work, I can give some credit to their different approach.
BTW it would be fun if people put case on HTC One...
Oh wait, another reason they have to make good build quality phone:
There is no case
36. Aeires (unregistered)
Probably right. Only thing about that strategy though, all SS has to do is replace the back of their phones with aluminum and HTC's argument is totally dead. HTC on the other hand has a long way to go to beef up their approach to skinned Android.
Best argument? Let the sales do the talking, everything else is hype.
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right! There are already third party aluminium, stainless steel, leather and even wood back cover available for the Galaxy series.
Though, I wouldn't want a metal back cover to interfere with the signal reception/NFC of my phone.
37. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Auch! " Oh wait, another reason they have to make good build quality phone" lol, it must b a shame, they realized no one is making covers for them.
54. Commentator (Posts: 2863; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It isn't January 2013 any more, grow up.
55. dragonite99 (unregistered)
59. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Is that the same phone that Taylor Martin of Pocketnow and other reviewers have said has the worst of the 1080p screens? The one with an older processor and internals that runs a bloated and leggy Android skin? If so, then good for you embracing lowered expectations. Even ugly ducklings need some love.
74. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4174; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Taylor also said that the device has such sharp corners that it actually feels larger than the Note II and is very uncomfortable to hold and operate.
67. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
XpZ now sleeps with the fishes but one way XpZ is very useful if u happen to live in a fish tank ;-)
94. dragonite99 (unregistered)
83. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Price of XZ in Indian market has sunk to around 35K ... that's decline of around 4K in less than 10 days of launch ... wait for 3 months before buying XZ and it could sink to 28k
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
people that complain about plastic are just mad that samsung makes good phones
18. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
The only reason all these trolls keep commenting on the premium look and feel of the s4 is because that's what htc iphone and sony do to keep u from the truth that there phones r actually have unless features than samsung so they try to blind u with the beauty of their phones...
23. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
don't worry, HTC made big mistakes delaying HTC One, people will have a chance to hold their money for S4, and be able to clearly see a true good phones.
91. baza58 (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
C'mon man that's bullsh*t. I had SGS2 and that plastic build was awful. Now I have Nexus 4 and It's much more solid.
7. joey18 (Posts: 574; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
samsung is copycat htc is better only reason why samsung are on top only blames on apple
15. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
samsung is plastic samsung is copycat samsung is failure yeah and despite all this they still the number one in market and they will still for another year why you people make childish comments you dont like it then don't buy it buy your htc
25. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
HTC One design is a copy of iPhone 5. HTC really know how to milk their agreement with apple.
48. tedkord (Posts: 7219; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Oh yeah? Well, gusting flapjacks warble vista to you, too.
8. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
at the end i think samsung will be the winner
10. easymomo (Posts: 91; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I bet Samsung will reply something like:
"Launch date of a great phone should be known by everybody"