HTC One X waking up to Android 4.2.2 update in Europe
Early reports have this update hitting Eastern Europe first along with the Nordic countries. The rest of Europe should be taken care of over the next several days. The OTA update is not for the AT&T version of the phone, which has a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor under the hood. The update is around 380MB in size and brings you software version 4.18.401.2.
Some of the new features include seeing the battery level in the status bar, and a sleep mode option has been added to the power settings. The video highlights allow you to create a 30 second show with 12 different themes. In addition, a tweet from HTC insider @LlabTooFeR says that a similar update, to software version 2.18.401.2, should be rolling out now to European HTC One X+ models.
Android 4.2.2 update for European HTC One X and HTC One X+
source: @LlabTooFeR, XDA via AndroidCentral
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hmm....so, this will be the last update for the One X right?
3. amats69 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hopefully not..but there's a possibility that this will be the last update for the one x.which is a bad thing
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 1391; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Either this or 4.3 will be the last stop for my one x. I'm not expecting a klp update though
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3990; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
4.3 will probably be the last update. I don't expect KLP
5. amats69 (Posts: 1030; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
This is a good news to those who still owns the one x..and hopefully this will not the last update for the device...
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Good stuff by Htc, they beat Samsung to updating their 2012 flagship, although, Samsung will be taking GS3 and Note2 to Android4.3.
8. jove39 (Posts: 1276; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Great news...I was waiting for this...now if att lets everything run smooth...we should see this on One X soon enough!
9. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Sense 5 is incredible, its like having a new phone :)
18. sajal (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
could you tell us about the battery life? Has it improved? I am pretty sure it did. but by how much percent and how long does it stay awake in your use (tell us how you use your phone throughout the day)
19. sajal (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Could you upload a screenshot of your one x with the new update?
12. lelouchltm (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 May 2012)
How many times before i get the update in Tunisia?
13. JadeMoon (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
Its pretty damn sad that the One X gets a JellyBean update before the new One. I wish I went with Samsung, HTC is getting ridiculous!
16. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
4.2.2 has been out for the HTC One international for over month a month now, don't blame HTC for scrappy American carriers and their update processes..
14. JGuinan007 (Posts: 633; Member since: 19 May 2011)
the new one should get 4.3 by end of sept and skip 4.2.2
15. Alexa (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2008)
HTC has really learnt a lesson. it will be doing everything to get to the top of the game and this is ONE route towards that destination.....
17. icetmacca (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Here in the UK North East still no update as yet . great page btw
20. tony2toes (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
Any update on getting something with AT&T in the usa? Still on 4.0.4 here.