HTC One Max coming to AT&T, HTC Zara to Sprint?
According to one of the tweets from evleaks, we will see the HTC One Max at AT&T. That doesn't mean it won't be available from other carriers, but what we know now is that it looks as though AT&T will be at least one of the mobile operators where the phone will be found.
The next handset mentioned by evleaks is the HTC Zara. This model, according to a tweet from evleaks, is a mashup of the HTC One and HTC Desire line. This handset, in yet another tweet from evleaks, is expected to be heading to Sprint. Surely we will hear more about this model, as well as the HTC One Max, as we get closer to the unveiling of these two HTC manufactured smartphones.
source: @evleaks via UnwiredView
1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1052; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The HTC One Max sounds very impressive! I wonder if they will include a Note-like stylus with it or if they will just give you the option of owning one if you want to. I am looking forward to the announcement of this device to see how it stacks up against the Note III and Xperia Z Ultra.
21. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1023; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I agree. this fall could be labeled as "the phablet wars" lol. Price will be the key because I will upgrade to a phablet at the end of the year
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 17519; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The Max sounds really good. HTC, and android keep brining it.
4. rtol1 (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Man, AT&T has been landing so many good phones lately.
5. papss (unregistered)
This is going to be a beast
6. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
I thought this was already rumored to be heading to Verizon as well? As in the T6...
7. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sprint always get crappy phones. I wish the HTC One Max was coming to Sprint too.
10. lsutigers (Posts: 817; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Did you read the article?????
Quote: "According to one of the tweets from evleaks, we will see the HTC One Max at AT&T. That doesn't mean it won't be available from other carriers, but what we know now is that it looks as though AT&T will be at least one of the mobile operators where the phone will be found."
Which means Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile may pickup the HTC One Max as well...
15. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'm going to guess that Verizon and T-mobile can get the Max, but Sprint's already getting the Zara so if it does get the max as well, it would be nice, but doesn't seem likely.
17. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
The Zara sounds very midrange to me. I hope Sprint gets both.
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
3200mah on a 6" phablet? HTC,please make the battery bigger. I don't care if the phone gets thicker. Do it similarly with the butterfly and butterfly s, both are still stylish handsets despite the additional thickness of the newer model
12. blk_paradox (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I don't care if a phone is thin if it's only going to last a few ours... give me a htc smartphone that lasts a few days on one charge with regular use like the maxx or the note2 nd i'll be happy... htc trying to hard to keep these phones slim... but then again they said the new 4.3 jelly bean supposed to drastically improve battery life so who knows..
20. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
HTC Butterfly S - 5" / 3200mAh battery ;)
11. blk_paradox (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think they killed off the evo line for whatever reason... otherwise it would have been released early summer... I wish they would have made a new evo with the butterfly s specs...
13. Commentator (Posts: 3369; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Zara could be a code-name for a new mid-range Evo. "Zara" doesn't sound all that HTC-ish, and the Evo name is much more powerful.
18. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
If they do make a new Evo I want it to be a game changer. Not just more of the same. The original Evo was so cool and good quality and I don't think any of the following Evos had nearly the same attention to detail.
14. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
AT&T is always first to announce the new flagship phone.
16. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
Maybe Zara is just the mini because they said its a mash up of the Desire family and the One. So its probably somewhere in between.
19. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think at 6'' screen 1080p ll be 367ppi not 342ppi coz z ultra is 342ppi at 6.4'' screen
22. Rager722 (Posts: 315; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
AT&T is BEAST with launching flagships and having on par service with Verizon, they just need a bit more flexible pricing with data plans and I'll be happy :)
24. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 260; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
that's so better than not III it's a new one style not old samsung look and the great speakers very good for watching movie in 6 inch full hd i have one and i love love love and love it my best phone ever