Google overhauling the Android Market UI again
1. andro (unregistered)
The android revolution continues....expect apple the sue or cry whichever first
11. BobbyTaba (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Aug 2010)
Ya IOS is becoming old they need to renovate like android
38. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I hope you guys realize its the same Android market. Same sucky applications, better UI. Yeah this is a total revolution. Everything is a revolution to Android users, kinda annoying
3. Coolaaron88 (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jun 2011)
My HTC Hero will never see it, Market Fragmentation
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
can you see the new(old) android market app?
this old one works on 2.1 (motorola tested) so my guess will see it on devices with 2.1 too
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
HTC Hero? Doesn't that mean you should be pretty close to upgrading time? That's about a 2 year old phone, right?
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I get the feeling we're gonna see a lot of unofficial sharing of ideas (some may call it copying) between Android, iOS, and WP7 from here on out.
28. xtremesv (unregistered)
Exactly, everybody imitates. The way Apple is bringing to the world its "new" notification system.. eerrr... copycat! That's why I think companies shouldn't be suing over UI designs, or worse, icons shapes!!!
24. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Exactly what I was thinking... Loots VERY WP7ish.
35. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
How are the prices? I know it's not like Android where theres a sh*t ton of free stuff, but I hope it's not like Apple either where your expected to pay top dollar for anything worth a damn.
Damn...This was meant for comment #5...my bads.
5. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
My windows phone 7 has the best app store , too bad there isn't alot of apps
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Hey I love the set-up, it's way easier than before. Sure it looks a bit like Windows Phone 7, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was. I am stoked & very happy with the new Android Market.
7. AbsentbebniM (unregistered)
There's always going to be a need for a cut-off point. Companies can't be expected to support legacy devices forever. Are you crying over your Windows 95 Pentium desktop not being able to run Windows 7 too? Or the recent termination of Xbox Live access for the original Xbox? The biggest difference here is that the software is left open for people who want to push their devices to the limit (http://theunlockr.com/downloads/android-downloads/android-roms/).
8. bsbokc (unregistered)
Seriously am I the only one who thinks Google is now copying WP7 with the swiping side to side and the tiles look, atleast there is no one for Apple to sue lol
16. skymitch89 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Give Apple some time, I'm sure that they'll find something to sue over.
26. jura21 (Posts: 30; Member since: 20 Jun 2011)
swiping sides was present in android youtube app ever since Froyo(released before wp7)...so it cant really be accused of being a rip-off...
9. Whateverman (Posts: 3248; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I like this, but what I wish they would also consider adding is a short 10-20 second clip for games so you could really see it in action.
15. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
yeah, it's annoying that the Market website has had video previews since December, but they haven't brought the links to mobile.
13. skymitch89 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I haven't gotten the update yet, but I don't think that I want to get it. I think that they should only change the UI when a new version of Android comes out, not every 3-6 months.
17. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
sorry Microsoft but i'm glad we stole the look of your Market. you guys have a damn sexy UI and Google has done a good job copying it. ;D
18. Sniggly (Posts: 7301; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Now Taco...this is an example of Android evolving.
19. box (unregistered)
I don't think we'll see Taco or Gemini or the-one-with-the-naked-guy-picture blind faces on this post, since their minds will probably be blown by something completely unknown and unfathomable to them: innovation and improvement of an existing concept
21. iSheepHunter (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
It's funny how evryone knows who they are and what they are infamous for.lol :)
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
don't think its that good to do directly for them, I just makes you look like them... show them you are riding on a great boat and just let their mouth dig their graves
32. iSheepHunter (Posts: 55; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
they o it with general android fan all the time. they are not gonna come to this article snyway. :P
34. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
still the less reasons we give them to talk back the more we enjoy when they do
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The miz only acts like a jerk because he thinks he actually is the miz.
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Ima leave a link for those who want to get it :3 some feedback would be great, also I'm not responsible if it does not work and all the other bla bla yada yada you may complaint tohttp://bit.ly/rezQaB
27. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
that there is a link to an xda forum that's gotten a .apk file of the new Market. i've replaced my old one with it on my Droid 2 and it works. i haven't gotten around to trying to get a book or a movie but that costs money and i don't much care about them so it doesn't really matter to me if they do or don't. enjoy.
29. tanuj (unregistered)
here is the link to .apk to update the android market
30. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
this is the only thing I can't stand about Android OS...they can never be still. they are like that kid with ADD. always updating and changing the look more frequently than any other OS. really Google, it's ok to have the same look for 1 year...it's totally fine. no reason to revamp your software every 4-6 months & to have a WP7 look makes it that much more of a tacky move. geez.
31. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Really like the new marketplace. Android is really heading in the right direction.