Google overhauling the Android Market UI again
1. andro (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:20 12 2
The android revolution continues....expect apple the sue or cry whichever first
11. BobbyTaba posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:45 11 1
Ya IOS is becoming old they need to renovate like android
38. E.N. posted on 13 Jul 2011, 20:46 0 1
I hope you guys realize its the same Android market. Same sucky applications, better UI. Yeah this is a total revolution. Everything is a revolution to Android users, kinda annoying
3. Coolaaron88 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:25 0 0
My HTC Hero will never see it, Market Fragmentation
10. protozeloz posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:22 0 0
can you see the new(old) android market app?
this old one works on 2.1 (motorola tested) so my guess will see it on devices with 2.1 too
12. MichaelHeller posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:59 2 0
HTC Hero? Doesn't that mean you should be pretty close to upgrading time? That's about a 2 year old phone, right?
14. MichaelHeller posted on 12 Jul 2011, 18:01 1 0
I get the feeling we're gonna see a lot of unofficial sharing of ideas (some may call it copying) between Android, iOS, and WP7 from here on out.
28. xtremesv (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 23:29 2 0
Exactly, everybody imitates. The way Apple is bringing to the world its "new" notification system.. eerrr... copycat! That's why I think companies shouldn't be suing over UI designs, or worse, icons shapes!!!
35. iHateCrapple posted on 13 Jul 2011, 18:11 0 0
How are the prices? I know it's not like Android where theres a sh*t ton of free stuff, but I hope it's not like Apple either where your expected to pay top dollar for anything worth a damn.
Damn...This was meant for comment #5...my bads.
5. christianqwerty posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:37 3 0
My windows phone 7 has the best app store , too bad there isn't alot of apps
6. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:41 3 0
Hey I love the set-up, it's way easier than before. Sure it looks a bit like Windows Phone 7, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was. I am stoked & very happy with the new Android Market.
7. AbsentbebniM (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:42 2 0
There's always going to be a need for a cut-off point. Companies can't be expected to support legacy devices forever. Are you crying over your Windows 95 Pentium desktop not being able to run Windows 7 too? Or the recent termination of Xbox Live access for the original Xbox? The biggest difference here is that the software is left open for people who want to push their devices to the limit (http://theunlockr.com/downloads/android-downloads/android-roms/).
8. bsbokc (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:15 1 1
Seriously am I the only one who thinks Google is now copying WP7 with the swiping side to side and the tiles look, atleast there is no one for Apple to sue lol
16. skymitch89 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 18:03 5 0
Give Apple some time, I'm sure that they'll find something to sue over.
26. jura21 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 20:48 2 0
swiping sides was present in android youtube app ever since Froyo(released before wp7)...so it cant really be accused of being a rip-off...
9. Whateverman posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:18 4 0
I like this, but what I wish they would also consider adding is a short 10-20 second clip for games so you could really see it in action.
15. MichaelHeller posted on 12 Jul 2011, 18:03 2 0
yeah, it's annoying that the Market website has had video previews since December, but they haven't brought the links to mobile.
13. skymitch89 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 18:01 1 1
I haven't gotten the update yet, but I don't think that I want to get it. I think that they should only change the UI when a new version of Android comes out, not every 3-6 months.
17. Thump3rDX17 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 18:19 2 0
sorry Microsoft but i'm glad we stole the look of your Market. you guys have a damn sexy UI and Google has done a good job copying it. ;D
18. Sniggly posted on 12 Jul 2011, 19:14 6 0
Now Taco...this is an example of Android evolving.
19. box (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 19:22 9 1
I don't think we'll see Taco or Gemini or the-one-with-the-naked-guy-picture blind faces on this post, since their minds will probably be blown by something completely unknown and unfathomable to them: innovation and improvement of an existing concept
21. iSheepHunter posted on 12 Jul 2011, 20:13 4 0
It's funny how evryone knows who they are and what they are infamous for.lol :)
23. protozeloz posted on 12 Jul 2011, 20:34 0 0
don't think its that good to do directly for them, I just makes you look like them... show them you are riding on a great boat and just let their mouth dig their graves
32. iSheepHunter posted on 13 Jul 2011, 07:08 0 0
they o it with general android fan all the time. they are not gonna come to this article snyway. :P
34. protozeloz posted on 13 Jul 2011, 12:54 0 0
still the less reasons we give them to talk back the more we enjoy when they do
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 12 Jul 2011, 19:38 7 0
The miz only acts like a jerk because he thinks he actually is the miz.
22. protozeloz posted on 12 Jul 2011, 20:29 1 0
Ima leave a link for those who want to get it :3 some feedback would be great, also I'm not responsible if it does not work and all the other bla bla yada yada you may complaint tohttp://bit.ly/rezQaB
27. Thump3rDX17 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:23 1 0
that there is a link to an xda forum that's gotten a .apk file of the new Market. i've replaced my old one with it on my Droid 2 and it works. i haven't gotten around to trying to get a book or a movie but that costs money and i don't much care about them so it doesn't really matter to me if they do or don't. enjoy.
29. tanuj (unregistered) posted on 13 Jul 2011, 00:09 1 0
here is the link to .apk to update the android market
30. CRICKETownz posted on 13 Jul 2011, 02:18 0 6
this is the only thing I can't stand about Android OS...they can never be still. they are like that kid with ADD. always updating and changing the look more frequently than any other OS. really Google, it's ok to have the same look for 1 year...it's totally fine. no reason to revamp your software every 4-6 months & to have a WP7 look makes it that much more of a tacky move. geez.
31. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Jul 2011, 03:28 2 0
Really like the new marketplace. Android is really heading in the right direction.