Google and Apple both considered purchasing Square for mobile payments
1. sriuslywtf (Posts: 262; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Apple updated IOS auto correct:
If you type "Android", it will be auto corrected to "Hemorrhoid"
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 3003; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Everything their user do must meet with Apple Approval?
4. techloverNYC (Posts: 406; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Watch another so called technology company sell for a ridiculous amount of money. If Whatsapp can sell for $19 bill, Square will probably sell for a couple bill at least. Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon,etc are literally throwing money at these companys for takeover. Not to mention the fact these takeovers hardly generate any long term job opportunities and stuff. These companys will get more greedy now.
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 1769; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Please for the love of all things tech...do not sell to apple - anyone BUT apple. I was considering getting one of these, but if apple buys them I'm out. I will until my dieing breath do everything I can to keep my hard earned nickel from going into apple's pocket.
6. elitewolverine (Posts: 1722; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
good luck, apple owns enough patents that if you buy anything within the last 20 years some form of cash goes to them. Just look at the license deal with MS that was the result of late 90's trial. Fact of the matter is, your pockets are lining apples even when you purchase a goolge/droid or windows phone. Even by using the internet there is probably some tech patent somewhere that is paying apple.