Giant iPad "Air Plus" design details leaked
1. magnanimus (Posts: 542; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Add a stylus to this and my money is yours Apple. Samsung doesn't seem to care about it's note tablet line up any longer
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The iPad Air Plus/Pro/whatever they decide to call it could be a compelling tablet. Unfortunately, I don't think Apple is ready to bridge the gap between Mac OS and iOS, which would be a requirement for this new tablet offering to be compelling. A large iPad Air is just a meh, IMO. If the Air + were to feature a touch-enabled Mac OS, that would probably spell the end of the MS Surface Pro. Fortunately for MS, that doesn't seem to be in the cards.
5. LebronJamesFanboy (Posts: 332; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
I had the latest note tablet and got rid of it due to severe lag. I have an iPad air 2 and it is by far the best tablet I've used.
I was hoping the nexus 9 would be great but nobody is raving about it.
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Air 2 doesn't run Flash, which the MB Air does. There is a difference that has not been addressed by Apple. In the Apple universe, if you want to run Flash, you go with the MB Air (or other Mac OS offerings). If Flash is not important, then iOS options are open.
15. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Flash is not important. Adobe stopped supporting that since ~2 years ago.
35. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And yet approximately 50% of web sites still use flash….
42. stealthd (unregistered)
Lolwut. 50%? Not even. Probably >50% have mobile versions of their site. >50% have migrated away from Flash for sure.
21. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
NOBODY HAS CARED ABOUT FLASH FOR YEARS
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
See #35 above. Are you feeling defensive (screaming)?
23. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Flash is already gone. Everybody now uses HTML5 and mobile OS'es are flawlessly running it.
I have original Air and it's fantastic but after iOS8 it started to need more ram and it lags sometimes. If there would be iPad like this rumoured, 12" and OS X I would buy it instantly if the price will be good.
27. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
If you really want flash that bad, go to the app store, a few browsers with flash support.
29. vladimir86 (Posts: 85; Member since: 15 Oct 2011)
Use Pufin web browser it's doing his job good
18. promise7 (Posts: 880; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Why not just buy it and buy a seperate stylus online? They're like a couple of dollars.
24. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
they're talking about an active stylus e.g. what the note offers with proper pressure sensitivity and palm rejection. not the $2 capacitive ones.
41. medicci37 (Posts: 1282; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I just bought the new ipad. My first Apple product & I must say, so far I'm really missing Android. The controls are no where near as advanced as Android for 1 I can't even go back to the previous video I watched on YouTube! Everything I try to do takes so much longer & is very counter intuitive! Regardless of if you are a Android or ios user wish consumers would put more pressure on both companies to do a better job.
2. Sreddy (unregistered)
it would be of no use to me, with that big screen, if there is no stylus. meanwhile, i wonder what microsoft is cooking!
17. promise7 (Posts: 880; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
you can buy a stylus online for like $2...
19. ferret101 (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
No one needs a dumb stylus which doesn't trigger any software applications. I hope you understand that
3. Gavst3r (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
This could easily be the MacBook Air's replacement
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not without addressing Mac OS' lack of touch/stylus support.
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Could be. However, to date, there has not been touch/stylus support in Mac OS.
9. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
"Yay, an extra row of icons!"
-Said nobody ever...
10. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
But a new COLUMN is a whole different story.
13. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Same number of icons, just more spacing.
see iPhone 6+
32. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Yeah but will it have a 720p or a non 1080p resolution?
39. VHMP01 (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 27 Aug 2014)
But if Apple calls it 'Retina', even at 720p Applelogists will defend it like if it was 5k! Funny right?
40. HydrogenIsOne (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Nov 2014)
Are you dumb? The resolution on the iPad is 1536p, far above 1080p. It's obvious that it is going to have a higher resolution than the current generation.
11. BattleBrat (Posts: 1475; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I would rather pick up a surface pro 3, even if this has an iOS OSX hybrid os, I can do more with a real computer thanks.
12. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Sigh. It'll just be another larger screened iPad with no productivity. Rather take the NotePro 12.2 anyday. Not to mention IF it's going to be called the iPad Pro with a 12.2" display, then Apple really can't come up with anything new. Sigh~