Customized Moto X can't be purchased at full retail through AT&T, requires contract
1. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 723; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
i dont wanna be locked up for 2yrs for this..
2. Goldeneye (Posts: 344; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Once again Google proves that it's a terrible retailer, Nexus devices and its accessories anyone?
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1433; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol.that some retarded shyt, right there.,.
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
even with the customization, i'd rather wait for the galaxy note III and the xperia z1.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh hell, that's not good...i was counting on being able to do that.
i may consider the One and the MAXX more now.
7. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
Just get the 2 year contract then cancel when the phone arrives. 199.99+325 etf. Only pay 525
8. sniper1087 (Posts: 310; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Hmm missed the taxes and service, is never as simple as 525 when they add it to a final bill and charge u a 18-21% in taxes, plus the first month.
9. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
Well not if you already have a ATT account. Just add a line then cancel it
10. housry23 (Posts: 71; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I tried. I am an AT&T customer, except I'm a prepaid GoPhone customer. I designed my Moto X online and it told me to go to the AT&T store and purchase a Moto Card and then I can finish the purchase online. So, I hopped in the car all excited to get a shiny new Moto X that was Woven white with metallic orange accents. When I got there I was put on the waiting list and went and played with the display moto X. It was nice. Screen looked good and it was just as smooth as any phone I have used(i've owned them all). They called my name, went and got the card, scanned it, but the system would not let them add it to my account. They tried and tried and just couldn't do it. The card looked like a gift card and has a scratch off pin # on the back. You have to enter that pin to complete the purchase. I was sad.
According to the Moto X email I got, they will be opening the Moto X for full retail purchases, but for now it's is an AT&T contract price exclusive.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's alot of B.S. i was going too try it at their store. i don't want 2 YEAR CONTRACT