Budget Nexus 6 may feature a 64-bit processor
1. sgodsell (Posts: 1839; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I would buy a couple $100 phones if they have a quad core cortex-A57 CPU.
13. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Plz dont use mediatek... come on google... mediatek is legendary slow
17. grahaman27 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
well it would be vanilla arm cortex a53, which is the same processor that the (unreleased) 64 bit snapdragon 410 uses.
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1814; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Will LOL @ the fandroids that mocked the iPhone 5S and its 64 bit SoC and less than 4GB of ram. This "BUDGET" Nexus 6 will have less than 4GB of ram as well. Going to be fun!
4. sgodsell (Posts: 1839; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I am an Android user, but I never mocked the iPhone for having a 64bit CPU. The iPhone has a lot of other things to laugh at. Size being a major one, having a low resolution display (not even HD), no NFC, no standard USB connector, the iOS OS. Those are the things I don't like. But as far as the 64 bit chip, that's okay in my books.
19. Finalflash (Posts: 2040; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I am an android user and I mocked iFans for lauding 64 bit as some sort of miracle. It wasn't a miracle then, and it isn't going to be a miracle tomorrow. Only an idiot believes otherwise unless he works with servers in which case he is a decade or so too late to be amazed. The fact that iFans fell for that marketing point was the sad part and some of them were even officially destroyed by an official article on PA because they staked their entire knowledge base and efforts behind it (look up a JakeLee).
22. express77 (unregistered)
I hated it for those stupid restrictions, less features, so much hardware limitations, battery and all the things you mentioned. I wished Steve Jobs was alive. Truly respected guy( For innovative ideas and contributions, not personal life).
5. brrunopt (Posts: 632; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
the fandroids moked all the fuzz about "64 bit desktop class" BS , how 64bit made it superior to everything else, and so on..
Where do you see android fans making fuzz for this one having a 64bit CPU ?
7. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Technically, you are supposed to have 4GB of RAM with a 64 bit processor, but, if this works, then cool - probably be as good as your precious iphone 5C, and at far less the cost for a consumer, Smeagle....
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1759; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
They don't care if it's 32 bit or 64 bit..
It's comes cheap that's all they want..
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
But iphone is not budget with same specs, its noway under 100$... now you got the actual worth of apple, iboy? it worth only 100$ but you iboys pay $600+ for such an under specs phone.. in this situation why fandroids should not mock iphone 5s??
18. ecmedic4 (Posts: 206; Member since: 02 May 2013)
All flagship smartphones components don't cost anywhere near their retail price, there is a lot more that goes into the price of these phones than just the component costs. Even the GS5 is under 300 dollars as far as all the components ie processor, screen, ram, camera, etc. It retails for as much as the iPhone. Gotta take into account all the other costs associated with these products.
20. Finalflash (Posts: 2040; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
True but the problem is that Apple products are pretty much under 200 dollars, so its not about who's getting shafted, but who is getting shafted harder. Plus you have to look at the future side, whereas those who get updates under android or even WP end up with a better phone with more features, those who get updates under iOS eventually end up with a crippled device with a handful of "features" such as color changes and font resizing.
25. iushnt (Posts: 868; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
budget phones should have budgeted price. That goes right with nexus 6 but iPhones being a little smarter than feature phone are being sold at a very high price. there is the difference
8. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
A 100 dollar Nexus 6? Sound like some major compromising going on. And, while I like MediaTek - CyanogenMod will not be making a ROM with it as they do deal with MediaTeks....
9. aries.phills (Posts: 139; Member since: 17 May 2011)
A Nexus phone under $100 will always be a hot cake regardless of the processor.
10. rkoforever90 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
so there wont a flagship nexus 6. sad , i was planning to get one.
12. boosook (Posts: 1188; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
There will probably be a flagship and a budget version…
16. Luuthian (Posts: 221; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Exactly how I felt. Apparently Google is just never going to give us an ultimate, pure Android experience. They realy don't care. It's all about user numbers, not premium devices.
I know the other reason is they simply don't want to be seen as a competitor out of fear that manufacturers will leave Android, but I've always felt part of that was BS. They'll never get developers onboard for their vision if they don't give people something that actually sticks and makes other manufacturers take notice.
15. Suo.Eno (Posts: 337; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Only reason(s) why I'd put 50% of hope for this to happen will be due to:-
1. Want better SoCs' competition
So that MediaTek can be more AOSP compliant. Raw internal designs may not be up to say Qualcomm's standards but at least on the code side of things that can be remedied once MediaTek play ball with Google's reqs.
2. because if Google won't, one of these days much sooner rather than later Xiaomi, Oppo or OnePlus is going to one up this job for them anyways, at the very least even at double the 100 mark since they don't have Google's clout. OnePlus and Oppo has proven to be the shrewdest of them all by shortcutting things immensely having cut a good deal with CyanogenMod which is probably the most well organized AOSP based custom ROM establishment to date.
And last but definitely not least who the hell in their right mind would refuse a $100 Nexus?
21. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
All the apple idiots talking trash about android fans who talked trash about 64 bit CPUs are entirely missing the point. We're talking about a sub $100 phone here guys. Give it a friggin' rest and grow up.
23. express77 (unregistered)
Hope this phone is of better quality, good battery life, no overheating and 16 GB memory(It is 2014). And sd slot.
24. renz4 (Posts: 310; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
as long as the phone carry the nexus brand you won't be seeing micro SD card slot build for it.