Apple's retail VP Jerry McDougal calls it quits
McDougal will be replaced by Jim Bean, formerly VP of Finance. Meanwhile, Apple is still looking for someone to replace John Browett, the man that was at the top of the totem pole at Apple's retail division. You might recall that Browett joined Apple last year after a stint at retailer Dixons and was quickly awarded a pay package worth as much as $61 million before getting canned by Apple.
source: ifoAppleStore via AllThingsD
22. Fallin (Posts: 54; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Can I have a cookie? I want a Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter. Thanks....LOL
2. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
wake me up when Tim cook calls it quits lol i wish :P
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
why should he quit? He is doing a great job: World changing Apple Maps, bendable iPhones and exciting sky diving of Apple stock :)
9. fanboy1974 (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Yup, he will allow Apple to crumble to nothing. If Apple was to disappear tomorrow it wouldn't even affect me. When Steve Jobs died Apple went with him. There is no innovation coming out of Apple worth buying.
So Tim Cook can either innovate or just run Apple into the ground. A iPhone 5S will guarantee that I will not buy a Apple product in 2013.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Y r u guys so eager to see apple fall?
24. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Because we are still very very very angry at the only consumer electronics company which limited consumer choice via banning of competitibe products - and which still attempts to do so to this very day.
26. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
because they are greedy to the bones. they are more going after the money than innovating.
4. ama3654 (Posts: 233; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
wohh O! the mass exodus has begun, we lost the thermonuclear war!!!
6. tbacba (Posts: 54; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Those in the know (the rats) always the first to abandon ship.
13. fanboy1974 (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Just remembered the scene from the Titanic.
8. blingblingthing (Posts: 328; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Looks like Tim Cook caught another using an android phone in the office.
10. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lmfao you win the internet today my friend. kudos .
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This IS really interesting whats going on inside apple. It seems to b something bad too
17. vijaysivakula (Posts: 113; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
after reading all the comments I am still stuck on that, "bendable iphones"?
18. jsdechavez (Posts: 651; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
the apple phones that bent in the back pocket..haha
27. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
the bendable phone that made it to TIME's best phone of 2012. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!
19. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
i hope the crumble manifests in Apple lowering their pricing for their computers...
21. cripton805 (Posts: 745; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
They are probably blaming the retail Dept. for the drop and they were probably like
"F*** you guys then... I quit"
And we all know it wasn't the retail dept...
23. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
the empire is feeling the heat from a little green andriod (((:
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Apple should patent firing employees. I mean - they do it best as of lately.