Apple shot this amazing video using only iPhones (100 of them!)
British film director Jake Scott orchestrated the shooting process, interfacing live via Face Time with all the different cinematography crews.
The end result is nothing short of amazing. “There’s a sense of liberation about being able to tell these stories with this device, to explore it and investigate it — to see what the iPhone is capable of, and then to push it and stretch it,” director Jake Scott said.
Here are all the fun facts about this video:
- All shot in 1 day
- Across 15 locations
- Telling 45 stories
- Used 100 iPhones to shoot
- Recorded 70+ hours of footage
- Employed 15 cinematographers
- Pieced together by 21 editors
- Crew used 46 iPads
- 86 Macs were used in production
3. alterecho (Posts: 1072; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"the embedded video below will only play on some"
Let me guess... Runs on Safari running on Mac OSX 10.x or greater.
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2411; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Apple tries to be better than it actually is.
14. KingaSpades (Posts: 39; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
I agree. Instead they should strive to be less. And then even less than that. All companies should.
45. sniperdroid (Posts: 113; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Dumbest comment of the year. But then again the year is still young, so lets keep our fingers crossed.
6. sprockkets (Posts: 1146; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"addional apps and equipment used for some scenes"
Cause you won't get some of those angles without them with just a crappy phone device! And that goes for any phone, period!
22. tasior (Posts: 185; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
LOL. A guy was working on his Mac on his lap, and talking on his iPhone while driving. Moreover he had manual gearbox. It's not stupid at all....
35. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
And don't forget all the dollies and steadycams....http://gizmodo.com/it-took-more-than-just-iphones-to-shoot-apples-new-ad-1514836647
37. tumchaaditya (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 May 2012)
The butterfly in first scene!
There is no way they could have taken a phone so close to it without making it fly off!
38. apple4never (Posts: 931; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yes there is, I've taken pics like that. shot extremely close to a butterfly
44. apple4never (Posts: 931; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i took this picture. with an iPhone. and it was bloodyclosehttp://www.ontariofishing