Apple pays $60 million to settle suit with Proview and to keep Apple iPad name in China
Now, with the announcement made by the Guangdong High People’s Court in Guangzhou on Monday, the litigation is over.
1. mas11 posted on 02 Jul 2012, 00:26 11
And yet courts are fining Apple only $2.29 million for falsely advertising their iPad in Australia. If a company can just blow $60 million to buy a name then why are the courts only fining Apple a few million?
4. mas11 posted on 02 Jul 2012, 00:32 11
Because you can't just give them a slap on the wrist for breaking the law. To Apple $2.29 million is nothing.
10. dickwyn posted on 02 Jul 2012, 02:32 4
2.29 billion is something
14. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 02 Jul 2012, 05:09 2
Hahaha very good news... they had to pay twice.
15. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 02 Jul 2012, 05:13 2
We all care, @ are happy they paid a big amount. Good.
Looks like first time they paid. Normally they steal. What does not belong or they invented... kill it kill that evil masters
In disguise rooten fruit.
3. taco50 (banned) posted on 02 Jul 2012, 00:29 3
This is chump change to Apple. I think they got screwed here because they bought the name and then proview tried to extort more money
5. mas11 posted on 02 Jul 2012, 00:41 9
Because god forbid Apple actually pays for something instead of stealing it. *cough*notification*cough*
6. gallitoking posted on 02 Jul 2012, 00:52 5
show me that Googles has that patent. since you seem to trow it often
9. mas11 posted on 02 Jul 2012, 01:50 3
Because things move slow over at the USTPO.
12. andro. posted on 02 Jul 2012, 03:49 2
Google didn't patent it because Google is open source and sharing and until apples recent legal tantrums Google didn't even need to patent the taskbar. On hindsight if they had known they would have patent it and apple wouldn't have had a 'new' feature to try boast about in its last one or two ios releases
13. taco50 (banned) posted on 02 Jul 2012, 04:25 1
Google filed for the patent 2 years ago. Another ignorant fandroid.
20. andro. posted on 02 Jul 2012, 07:19 0
Yes after apple began to use it. Pull down taskbar has been in android donut phones since 4-5 years ago. Ios is as always innovative
16. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 02 Jul 2012, 05:14 3
7. rudlie posted on 02 Jul 2012, 01:02 3
at least apple not childish like google did, leaving business at mainland of china
11. andro. posted on 02 Jul 2012, 03:45 1
Small change to a company like apple,they'll have that money gouged back from fans in days with a few extra 'wows' and 'amazing' in their next iproduct ads. Fair dues to proview if they had the name first for standing up to apple and not get squashed out. If apple had its way they would have the word 'phone' would be trademark by now
19. frydaexiii posted on 02 Jul 2012, 07:15 0
Now we know why they wanna ban the Nexus. They need the extra money from customers to pay for sh*t like this when all they had to do was change the name slightly.
22. -box- posted on 02 Jul 2012, 07:57 0
Wow, only? I was hoping triple digit millions on penalties and a sales ban which spread across the world like a glorious sunrise...
23. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Jul 2012, 18:07 0
Just like Apple BUYING UP the competition. can't believe PUREVIEW sold their soul to Apple